• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No standard effects possible on new title graphics?

Advisor ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone confirm?

It seems to me to be impossible to apply a standard effect onto an imported file graphic inside the 2017 titler?

On text generated with the new 2017 titler - yes, but on graphics - no?

I can't drag any standard effects into an appropriate order in the ECP.

Old titler... you're looking more attractive than you have for a long time...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Kulpreet - thanks for the reply, but unfortunately it's of little help.

This is supposed to be a professional tool. Having to save a motion graphic template and then re-import it just to add a drop shadow to something would be laughable if it wasn't so frustrating.  If Adobe wants to be seen as a company that provides professional level software it needs to deliver something an order of magnitude better than this mashup.

If you really want to help - please make sure this thread is clearly entered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike_Abbott,

If I get your query correctly, you are not able to apply effects on the Title templates created in the new Essential Graphics panel?

If so, how exactly are you trying to apply effects? You can apply effects to the graphics and text created in the new Essential graphics panel.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say I create a new title using the new Essential Graphics Panel (EGP)

I create some text using the EGP.

I use the new item icon in the EGP to import an external logo file (have tried both png and Ai files) into the same title.

Say I want to apply a drop shadow to the logo (imported graphic file) so I apply the standard drop shadow effect by drag and drop it to the new title clip in the sequence. The effect appears in the Effects Control Panel and I can drag it underneath the text to get a shadow - but, no matter how I try and re-arrange the layers, I cannot place it in the correct order to get a shadow effect on the imported logo file.

The same is true for other effects I've tried..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional information, Mike_Abbott.

It seems that you cannot apply the effects while in the editing mode.

I mean, you need to save/export that template and you can apply the effects if you import that saved template.

You can save/export the templates created in EGP: Comment sauvegarder un titre dans premiere pro 2017 ?

Let me know if that helps.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kulpreet - thanks for the reply, but unfortunately it's of little help.

This is supposed to be a professional tool. Having to save a motion graphic template and then re-import it just to add a drop shadow to something would be laughable if it wasn't so frustrating.  If Adobe wants to be seen as a company that provides professional level software it needs to deliver something an order of magnitude better than this mashup.

If you really want to help - please make sure this thread is clearly entered as a bug fix request in the Adobe system. I guess it will be tagged on to the end of a very long list of to-do's. I've wasted enough of my own (unpaid) time doing so in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry about the hassle, I request you to share your valuable feedback here.

I'll do my best to advocate on your behalf, as well.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines