• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No write, no auto-save, no file history

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro began acting strangely a few days ago.

• When I opened premiere pro, the history of recently opened files was blank.
  • I tried to open a file that was in the main directory on an internal SSD. The file was made in an older version, so I get the usual prompt to save it as a new file.  However, when trying to save, I get a "You do not have write access to this directory.  Please choose a new location to save the file."  I checked that nothing had changed with the write permissions, and, as expected, nothing had.  I tested from other programs, no problem writing files.  So I created a new subdirectory, and viola, I could save the file.
  • Just for fun, I tried saving into the main directory just using the "Save As" menu command, and I can save using the usual method.
  • After leaving the program unattended, it went into forever hourglass mode and became unresponsive.  This happens sometimes in Premiere (seems like if I leave the program unattended for long periods of times, it locks up). I usually just restart, open up the most recent autosave (I have it set to 5 minute increments and 20 files max).  However, this time there was no auto-save directory, and no backups, anywhere that I could find (usually this is just in the directory with the project file, and I checked that auto backup is still on in the preferences).
  • File history is present again prospectively (e.g. a history of things I have opened up since the initial event are saving properly).

Any thoughts as to what might be going on here? I tried updating to the latest version (12.1.2 build 69) when I discovered the "You do not have write access" message, which did not helped (it seemed to have helped other people in the past).  The crash happened after I updated to the newest version. It was then that I realized auto-save is not working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi madeinjapantonight,

Sorry for the trouble. We need more info to understand the issue better.

What are the system specs(OS version, RAM, GPU, CPU)?

It seems like an issue with permissions. Are you logged in as an Administrator? Just for a test, login to a different Administrator account & see if issue persists.

Also, you can try the steps in this article to reset permissions: fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines