Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to Capture Dv tapes

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Having some problems capturing miniDV tapes to Premiere. I have CC 2019 on a mac osx 10.15 and everything is up to date. I've had this miniDV camera for over 12 years and have captured footage through it many times. I use firewire and connect the camera like always. Last time I captured a tape was maybe a year ago so some kind of CC 2018. So when I tried doing it again on the same camera same computer it didn't work. I'm able to get the Capture window to Play, Pause, Stop the tape but no timecode pops up and it says "Wrong Input Format. Try Changing Camera Format or Capture Settings." So I've tried going through settings but this is a very consumer type camera where I can't change a lot. I've tried adjusting setting in the capture window and that doesn't work either. I have even installed past versions of Premiere to see if that changes anything. I did notice at some point there was an option for DV or HDV. Now in recent updates I only see HDV, could that have something to do with it? I did try going back in an old version with DV and that didn't work as well. Im giving up on the capture idea if I can't figure this out so also let me know what would be the best HQ alternative for capturing dv tapes.

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK here it is 2021, Just broke out my old  Sony PD150, I like this cam for you tube videos. Was hired for a Dental seminar to post n youtube. Havnt used Premier Capture feature for a couple years, which is why I stayed with premiere vs. Final Cut. DV capture doenst work. Aside from chaining a conglomeration of cable types to get to USB-c. , Is it the OS? (Big Sur, 11.5.2) OR is it Adobe Premiere?

I had to but a work around capture App. which seems to work ok. so far. 

WHY was this feature missed, overlooked, abandoned?? any answers? Will adobe or Apple fix the glitch? Is this built -in Obsolescence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines