Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Offset audio and make a new Master Clip

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In FCP 7 you can import a clip, put it on the timeline and slip/offset one of the audio tracks, making the video and audio out of sync.  Then if you drag that clip into the project bin it makes a new master clip which keeps the audio track offset. This is great if your video and audio are consistently out of sync. 

I've tried this in Premiere and everything works the same, but it I set a new In or Out point on my new master clip and insert to a sequence it shows that the video and audio is out of snyc (with the icons on the clips) by whatever offset I introduced, but the actual offset is gone.  If I then slip the audio so that the icons disappear the offset is back.

Does anyone know a work around so that the offset stays even when selecting new ins and outs???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bill

You can just make that new offset audio and video a composition instead of a clip. Other then just use it like you would any other clip in your other sequences. Just select the video and audio and right click to choose "nest". This will create a new composition in your project window.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I guess I should have mentioned that I'm using growing files.  If I nest the clip with the offset it only makes a sequence with the current duration of the growing file.  So I have to go into the nested comp and drag out all the tracks every time my growing file updates.

It seems like the functionality is built into Premiere, its just not working correctly.  Anyway thanks for the help. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines