• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimizing Premiere Pro CC to work with a 4k Monitor

Enthusiast ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone tell me how to work on Premiere Pro CC 2014 (currently 8.2) on a 4k monitor with scaling set at 100%. If I don't scale anything then all the text and icons and everything is WAY too small.

Photoshop seems to have a handy 200% scaling feature which works and looks great. But what about Premiere? I thought the latest version (8.2) was "optimized" to work with 4k monitors?? Doesn't seem like it. I see I can increase the font size in the project panel but that's about it. It needs to be scaled to 150-200% ...BUT... if you do that, then the vertical scrolling on the timeline gets all screwed up and does not work.

4k rez screen looks great and all but without scaling things are SOOOOO tiny! Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I see that.

But I believe the "solution" is the same.  Use a large enough monitor so that Windows Scaling isn't needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as part of this 2 year battle to solve this issue I did indeed try a 32" monitor and the text was still tiny without scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you logged the bug in this channel?

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Stefan have done that a few times and never heard anything back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you might need yet a larger monitor for your eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or wait for adobe to fix this bug (because it IS a bug)

Another decade or so and we might be able to use 4k monitors without issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidpayne1981  napisał(-a)

as part of this 2 year battle to solve this issue I did indeed try a 32" monitor and the text was still tiny without scaling.

I am using a 32" 4K monitor too, along with two 26" FHD monitors. To make the mouse cursor, text and everything else the same size on all monitors, the 4K monitor wolud have to be 52" big. That's why windows introduced the scaling option, which works great in almost every other software (even Adobe's other programs).

Have you logged the bug in this channel?

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

I did a few times too. No response.

Then you might need yet a larger monitor for your eyes.

Please don't be cynical, looks like you don't wanna help, but rather insist this is not an issue.

If there was at least an option to properly disable or ignore windows scaling in Premiere Pro, I would use it despite very small letters. However, I don't want to disable windows scaling completely, as it makes instant mess in my muliple monitor setup, and makes every other activity I do on my computer a really upleasant, tiny experiece.

or wait for adobe to fix this bug (because it IS a bug)

Another decade or so and we might be able to use 4k monitors without issue

Let's be honest, this is a bug, and a very annoying one. Also, even if I had three 4K monitors side by side, I would still use Windos scaling because it MAKES LIFE EASIER and that's what every software, every update shoul do. Please help us with this insead of making silly comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed Ana_bee. "Use a bigger monitor" is not the answer (or even remotely helpful) in this situation.

I just feel we get nowhere with Adobe's support and bug reporting process that we just have to give up and accept that the software doesn't work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does anyone know if the new 2018 update fixes this, in my opinion, crippling bug!

I'm going to assume not but I'd rather not update based on feedback about the way it handles multiple projects, however, if it helps with the 4k screen thing I'll be instantly downloading it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... It doesn't...

This is a 2 or 3 years old bug and it is still unfixed...

I tried on Mac OS Sierra (I have both operating systems on my PC), and it works perfectly. Good scaling, good timeline zoom... But it's a mess on Windows 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"ve seen some comments that both Ae and PrPro worked ok at 150% scaling, but not at 125%. I haven't verified it, but ... might be worth trying.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the correct answer.  DO NOT edit your registry settings.

1. Right click on the executable program file icon (Premiere and Photoshop and any others you want to change, need to be done separately)

2. Select "Properties"

3. Select the "Compatibility" tab

4. at the bottom, click "Change settings for all users"

5. at the bottom of the next window, click "change high DPI settings"

6. at the bottom of the next window, check the box that says "Override hight DPI scaling behavior."

7. Under that checkbox, there's a dropdown window that has a heading that says "Scaling Performed by:"  Choose "System" from the three options.

8. Save all settings and re-open Premiere or Photoshop (or the program you're adjusting).

9. Finished!  Everything should look fine 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines