Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Oversaturated Colours and Exposure when exporting HLG3 videos

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I've tried everything and read all of the articles out there (including this one) regarding how to use HLG3 on premiere and have tried all of the different settings. As you can see the footage looks great after doing some very minor color correnton and once I hit Export the video looks like this. The only setting that makes the video look normal is if you export it as H.264-HLG by which it isn't redable on the computer and you can't upload it to YouTube.

I have the latest Premiere Pro update and I get the same result in both premiere and video encoder.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 4.43.54 PM.png

Camera: Sony A7C

Picture Profile: HLG3

Color mode BT.2020

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

So you set the clip to Rec.709 in the Project panel, Modify/Properties ... override to Rec.709, and then set the Sequence to Rec.709, and the export out is wrong still ... that correct?

If so, in the Export panel did you go down Video tab settings and check for the color management applied there?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No clue what's going on unless you actually tell us. Including your OS, media, and color management settings. Including screengrabs drag/dropped directly into this reply box is good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines