• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Label colours appear to have inverted in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened Premiere Pro today to find all the label colours in my timeline appear to be inverted. The lighter colour is now the main body of the clip and the darker colour is now the waveform. I have tried to go through all the different label group styles. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Does anyone know how to get this back to the default colours. 

I have attached an image of what it should look like and what it looks like now.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

HI everyone -

This is not actually a bug. It is the intended behavior when your label colors are brighter than a certain amount. When that is the case, we will make the waveform darker than the background instead of lighter. Most of the label colors in the "Classic" or "Vibrant" are bright enough to trigger this appearance. The "Default" ones are not. So if you don't like the look, the solution is to choose one of the more muted themes or to manually adjust your label colors to a darker color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

First, I want to thank you all again for your feedback and comments. We are actively listening and working to address the issues you've raised. I'd like to provide an overview of some of the concerns we've heard so far, to clarify what constitutes a bug and what does not.

Color Text Labels Inverted: Indeed, we've encountered a bug regarding the inversion of color text labels in this latest release. Our team is working diligently to address this issue promptly. In past releases, when a user picke

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 244 Replies 244
New Here ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it does not. It still looks vastly different, the audio tracks dont have a separated color, the icons are different and missing/contextual instead of like the old layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to mention they have mislabeled colors right now. The labeled "Red" is purple. Adobe really needs to fix this or give brighter options cause this has really messed with the flow of things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why fix something that isn't broken? I don't get why companies do this. They update stuff to stay 'relevant' whilst completely ruining the experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 24.4 update has changed my timeline colour to a highlighted version that is really hard to work with. Can I change this back to the original look that I had yesterday?

Mod note: Title changed slightly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a solution: Edit/Preferences/labels - then change the colour back to classic. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a LEGEND for this!! My entire editing setup felt so yucky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so on Premiere Pro for some reason the timeline is like blue and weird, and idk what I did or how to reverse this. I tried resetting to saved layout and it didnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Romaan27190448rgds if you are using Premiere Pro Beta, or updated to Premiere Pro 24.4, you are seeing a new clip design that also includes new default clip label colors.

In addition to changing the default clip label colors, we have added Label Color Presets now as well, so you can easily switch back to the 'Classic' colors or change your own and save them as a preset. You can find all this in Preferences > Labels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnaks for the response. Please add an option to revert back to the original Clip Design. This is so gross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: (on mac) - 'Premiere Pro' (preferences) > 'Settings' > 'Labels' > Bottom right of box: 'Label Colour Presets': Change to CLASSIC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you figure it out???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you do this ??? What level of tech-company-grasp-for-innovation need to mess with defaults/failure to feel helpful is necessary to warrant such a stupid and abbrasive decision? FIX THIS.

Even when i go back to default the audio waveform is still dark 

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So once again, Adobe makes an unnecessary change which complicates the user workflow with an unexpected interface. The new colors are barely differentiated from one another, too; why would anybody want to label clips with muddy shades?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you change the label text color as well? If you revert to classic the label text stays white, making clip titles difficult to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a grand idea - instead of working on junk that doesn't matter, like color schemes and new terrible looking interfaces, how 'bout you fix your dumpster fire of  a program and get it to run THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO?! I CAN'T EVEN GET WARP STABILIZER TO WORK WITHOUT THE PROGRAM CRASHING. 

20 years I've been using Premiere. 2024 IS MY LAST YEAR OF PURCHASING THIS ABSOLUTE TRASH, ALONG WITH THE OTHER 40 FILMMAKERS IN MY COMPANY. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

old clip design was absolutely fine. Don't fix what's not broken. Please add the opion to revert back to the original!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this may be of assistance.

Philfer_0-1716295412727.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philfer_0-1716295495423.png

Just pick the options you like!

Philfer_1-1716295583914.pngPhilfer_2-1716295595576.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't seen to understand what the issue is. Please read through it all before posting a "solution" that we clearly have tried. The issue isn't that he can't change the colour of the labels etc, it's the fact that it's inverted so that no matter what color you select for the audio file, the background changes but the actual waveform remains too dark...as if it's changing the background of the file rather than the actual waveform...as if it's inverted.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I want to thank you all again for your feedback and comments. We are actively listening and working to address the issues you've raised. I'd like to provide an overview of some of the concerns we've heard so far, to clarify what constitutes a bug and what does not.

Color Text Labels Inverted: Indeed, we've encountered a bug regarding the inversion of color text labels in this latest release. Our team is working diligently to address this issue promptly. In past releases, when a user picked a darker color background, the text labels would always appear black. While this provided consistency, it often resulted in readability issues. With the new dynamic color text formula, the text label color adapts based on the colors and brightness of the background, ensuring improved readability and usability. Premiere Pro introduced this dynamic color text formula with the intention to enhance visibility by adjusting the text label color based on the luminance and brightness of the clip.

Color Text Label Bug.png

 

New Clip Colors: The introduction of a fresh color palette was aimed at alleviating eye fatigue and addressing longstanding clip color accessibility issues. Over the years, brighter colors in dark editing spaces have caused strain, and the previous color scheme ("classic") posed readability challenges, especially with waveform visualizations. The new colors offer improved contrast, enhancing intelligibility and making waveform analysis easier ( faster identification of clicks or other audio artifacts). Additionally, we've updated the color picker formula to optimize contrast ratios depending on the background color that a user chooses, further enhancing flexibility and customization options by preserving accessibility as well. 

New color Palette.png

Color Labels Presets: This new version also allows you to create new color label presets, enabling you to adjust your colors based on your preferences and needs.

Label Preferences.png

Audio Waveform Layering based on Track Height: For this release, we have implemented an old Audition feature called Waveform Visualization Layering. In previous versions of Premiere Pro, when the track height was less than 24 pixels, we would scale down the audio visualization waveforms of a clip containing more than two channels, resulting in a loss of definition and clarity (waveform drawings in this case were rendered with a height of less than 8 pixels). The new version of Premiere Pro adds the audio layering feature to represent multichannel audio as a single audio waveform visualization. I want to clarify that the audio is NOT being mixed down or converted to mono.

Waveform Layering.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adolfo H. 

Why not set Classic as default color labels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with Ann on this.

I would vastly prefer large visible changes be brought in as an option for the user, not the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great to know and thank you so much for always providing constructive feedback. In the new Beta we just released the new UI skin which I think both of you already made comments around it. I'll take this to the team as well. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- I'd love the option to change the color of the waveform! This has been the greatest struggle with the new "automatic balance" of the color choices, and it woul dbe lovely to have it in the same change label color option box for easy access! All the automatic combinations have been hard to work with, visually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think soo too, its just feels wrong, Its making it feel like I cant work, idk, its kinda bad ngl!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines