• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Label colours appear to have inverted in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened Premiere Pro today to find all the label colours in my timeline appear to be inverted. The lighter colour is now the main body of the clip and the darker colour is now the waveform. I have tried to go through all the different label group styles. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Does anyone know how to get this back to the default colours. 

I have attached an image of what it should look like and what it looks like now.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

HI everyone -

This is not actually a bug. It is the intended behavior when your label colors are brighter than a certain amount. When that is the case, we will make the waveform darker than the background instead of lighter. Most of the label colors in the "Classic" or "Vibrant" are bright enough to trigger this appearance. The "Default" ones are not. So if you don't like the look, the solution is to choose one of the more muted themes or to manually adjust your label colors to a darker color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

First, I want to thank you all again for your feedback and comments. We are actively listening and working to address the issues you've raised. I'd like to provide an overview of some of the concerns we've heard so far, to clarify what constitutes a bug and what does not.

Color Text Labels Inverted: Indeed, we've encountered a bug regarding the inversion of color text labels in this latest release. Our team is working diligently to address this issue promptly. In past releases, when a user picke

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 244 Replies 244
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah right! I'm actually struggling to work. Hate it so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate the decision that was made on this. I'm very specific when it comes to editing and my preferences of my timeline layout. My whole labels colours have changed and are more saturated (as per Adolfo's reference images above). Please give me an option to change it back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand why the new label scheme was introduced, but not every editor works in a dark environment.

One sugesstion I'd like to add is to have an option to make the audio waveforms in the classic preset match previous versions of Premiere. The photo below has the standard preset from PP 2023.6.5 on top and the bottom is the classic preset from 2024.4.1.- both using the Caribbean color.

Old vs New.png

The dark audio waveforms REALLY clash with the dark program background of Premiere. (My brightness setting in the appearance preference is set to default.) It's almost as if the contrast between the waveform and track background is set too high. I liked the old way of when you selected the track, the waveform would go white. With the new color being so dark, it's harder to tell if the track is actually selected or not. I actually get MORE eye fatigue now compared to before!

This may have been fixed in the Beta version, but my company does not allow access to download that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick @ KTVH thanks for the feedback. I'll log this feedback arond the classic preset and pass it to the team. I'll keep everyone updated on this thread. Thanks a lot for all your comments and thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens Nick @ KTVH would a preset that look like this work for all of you? Thanks again for all your feedback.

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 8.08.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I didn't have a choice, that is VASTLY better than what is currently available. But I still prefer an option to use the old style. For me personally, the updated colors in classic preset not being exactly the same shade as before isn't really that big of a deal. As long as they are in the ballpark my brain will adjust. It's just the current vibe in 24.4.1 lighter track & darker waveform that screws with my eyes. This example is better because it makes the two closer in color & doesn't have as much contrast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nick @ KTVH . My example is using the same old values on the background of the clip and the waveform. We are looking into this and we will keep you updated. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes please have the option of the old premiere style, I find having audio waves be dark and some white really distracting. The darker shades are hard to look at for me it feels like I can't work. I would prefer to have options to what colour the audio waves are or an option to switch back to the original white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens Nick @ KTVH would a preset that look like this work for all of you? Thanks again for all your feedback.

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 8.08.12 AM.png

By @Adolfo H.

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Ann Bens this has been logged. I'll let you know when we have an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adolfo why are you messing with something that already worked? I'm glad you had this idea to share at the monthly meeting as to feel useful but this is horrible and way too abbrasive a decision to drop on everyone 

Where is the original and why can't I fix my waveform colors it's still inverted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OLD look would be great. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @SylNYC . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude just change it back. No one likes this. It looks terrible. You guys really goofed with this update 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"No one likes this." 

Those sort of statements just make the writer look silly, you know? Understand, I'm not a fan of the New Look either, but, as with any UI change, of the several million daily users, there will always be plenty that love it. Humans being infinitely variable.

Post in specifics why you don't like it! That is useful and always interesting. And may actually get someone on the dev team to listen ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend, this is everyone. 90% of Premiere users have unanymously agreed that the new colors, (inverted) is ass. I get you want to give Adobe the benefit of the doubt, but literally everyone hates this. all they have to do is change the inverted colors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, understand, I'm not a fan of the new look. Period.

That said, I've read quite a few users post elswhere, that in general, they like the new look. So your statement seems probably to be rather exaggerated, at least to me.

Simple forums experience. As with any change, the vast majority of people taking the time to comment will be the ones against the change, not for it. From long experience, if you see 2 comments for, 6 against, perhaps you should assume the user base might be the reverse of the posted response.

And this is on other perhaps more "pro" limited forums than this one.

And I've seen several comments from those that in general really prefer the new look, but want a couple modifications done to "complete" the job. I think that with those changes, this might not be ... too ... bad.

But I'll wait to opine until I've seen this with the next round of mods, which will be probably in the public beta soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can pretty quickly set it to get back yourself, as noted here and elsewhere.  Including simply selecting the 'Default' option in the Preferences/Labels panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes you guys fix things that aren't broken.   Please add old colors back as an option. I've gone back to older PPro version until this is fixed.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The new colors offer improved contrast, enhancing intelligibility and making waveform analysis easier ( faster identification of clicks or other audio artifacts)."

I fully understand the intention and would appreciate the update if this were the case; but the reality is, the colors do not reduce eye strain or improve contrast. On my setup (Mac Pro, Pro Monitors, etc.), the new labels are muddy and barely differentiated from one another. 😞 

Also, the new effects labels on the timeline clips are difficult to see at a glance. At least the yellow ones were instantly recognizable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Timothy5FD4 we just adjusted all the brown colors, and we have log the suggestion for the classic colors without the waveform inversion. Thanks again for your feedback.

New color Palette.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add my voice to the chorus, I would prefer the old version for displaying waveform/clip background.  I've set this back to classic, but the current look and contrast is still unwelcome.  The older version was more legible.

ScratchThat_0-1717598971673.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will someone from Adobe please, urgently update us when we are going to be able to revert to the original label color / waveform color scheme?  The change is making it extremely difficult to work.  It's unfathomable that Adobe would make this update without a user being able to stick to the original setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ridiculous and nauseating - It ain't broke - why break it?

Wasting my time with searching of a solution instead of doing actual editing work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the Effects icons are even more disturbing.

Why on Earth are you doing this Adobe? Please stop, and provide original color scheme settings - God I miss Avid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines