• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Label colours appear to have inverted in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened Premiere Pro today to find all the label colours in my timeline appear to be inverted. The lighter colour is now the main body of the clip and the darker colour is now the waveform. I have tried to go through all the different label group styles. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Does anyone know how to get this back to the default colours. 

I have attached an image of what it should look like and what it looks like now.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

HI everyone -

This is not actually a bug. It is the intended behavior when your label colors are brighter than a certain amount. When that is the case, we will make the waveform darker than the background instead of lighter. Most of the label colors in the "Classic" or "Vibrant" are bright enough to trigger this appearance. The "Default" ones are not. So if you don't like the look, the solution is to choose one of the more muted themes or to manually adjust your label colors to a darker color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

First, I want to thank you all again for your feedback and comments. We are actively listening and working to address the issues you've raised. I'd like to provide an overview of some of the concerns we've heard so far, to clarify what constitutes a bug and what does not.

Color Text Labels Inverted: Indeed, we've encountered a bug regarding the inversion of color text labels in this latest release. Our team is working diligently to address this issue promptly. In past releases, when a user picke

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 244 Replies 244
Explorer ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Doesn't work. Note the Audio waveforms...Screen Shot 2024-05-29 at 12.51.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally hurts my eyes to edit. We should have the option to turn off this extreme contrast. Some people can't work with extreme contrast like that 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a bug where audio on the timeline does not show audio name even when selected from the tool button in the timeline settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update has made it incredibly difficult to see which item on the timeline is selected. I join the chorus of voices asking for this color scheme to not be a default that has been forced on the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am literally in the middle of doing finish work on a feature and now I have to contend with this new disorienting UI, you guys don't seem to understand just how disruptive this is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me as well - - several projects underway - no matter how you waste time trying to correct it you can't, it's annoying - and was not corrected today with the latest update, BUT - I try to look on the bright side - it's making my decision to change to resolve this fall much easier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Piling on that this new *FORCED* change is ugly as sin. What was anyone thinking? Give us the option to change it back, good lord

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to get in love with this update, but I just can't. Going back to 24.3... Plus is also anyone having issues with Export Tab? Mine starts freezing after using Premiere for a while with this latest update...... They really outdo themselves this time....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please undo this or at least give us an option to get back to the old setting. I do not like the new label colors one single bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the Global Clip Effect indicator has changed from a bold red line to a black thin line... please revert back or make it more indicative.

Screen Shot 2024-05-30 at 9.34.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Clip Colors are gross to look at.  Let me swich back to the old colors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the labelling and colour updates are horrendous, the colours don't correspond to their label at all, another unnecessary fail that benefits no one 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like it! But yes maybe the colors are quite weird at the begginign.

What I just want it's to disable zoom in monitor with mouse wheel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New labels color are terrible. You may have liked them while you were choosing them, but when they are applied to clips in the timeline the effect is devastating. You shouldn't have changed something that is been used to for years and which has such a strong impact.
I also point out that the presence of an effect on a clip is now barely distinguishable from its absence.

CatturaX.PNG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to revert the timeline colors (or the settings completely)? I personally can't stand them. Everything's so dark and muted :/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences/Labels and choose "Classic" in the Label Color Presets drop-down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The classic option changes the actual colors back but the contrast on audio waveforms and the clip labels are still horrendous. 

If they want to push this new AI so much at least give us an option to turn off the extreme contrast by a toggle switch or something. Editing audio literally hurts my eyes now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Just chiming in as another voice in the crowd that these "inverted" colors on audio clips, wherein the waveform is dark green, the background is light green, and the text is an impossible to read bright white, look like garbage.  I also did not elect to update Premiere, and it did so automatically.  You should allow users the option to toggle back to the label colors--including this color inversion, as I understand that "Classic" in Preferences does bring back the former color scheme--as they were before the update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white text is a known bug. Earlier in this thread Adobe said it will be fixed a future update.

If you wish to turn off the automatic updates, you can do so through the Creative Cloud app.

As far as going back to what it was before, this will most likely not happen. The developers have put in a whole new system that replaces the old system. Having both systems in the program will likely cause some sort error. Developers don't push out broken things (unless management forces them to). The updated "classic" style was most likely a compromise to get somewhat similar results to what was there before. As seen on this thread, most people don't like it, but there are many more who do that are silent. What I'm guessing will happen will be somewhat of a hybrid that mixes the old with the new. What would help the most would be constructive criticisim saying exactly how they can improve versus just saying go back. Feedback on what specificly to change and how to change it is much more likely to have an impact than just I don't like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good comments, Nick. What we've now got is a system that is far more user-adaptable than before. So ... for those of us who aren't delighted with the colors as they are, we can now change them to suit our tastes.

Although the 'inverted' thing with waveforms, and the changed fx badges, those NEED tweaking by the devs. PLEASE post here explicit comments as to what you need there. I've done that already.

Setting the "Classic" Labels closer to actual "Classic" Look

IF you go to the timeline 3-bar menu, and deselect the thing about audio and video labels linked, then the audio goes back to green, though not the same green as before.

Set your Preferences/Label then to Classic, click the swatch for the blue hue used for video, and slide the hue selector down from the teal area into a "cleaner" blue. Then move the hue dot down a little lower to be brighter, and you can get a similar blue to the old one.

Do a similar thing with the green of the hue used in audio, and you can be back much closer to what we've been used to seeing, if that is what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If you wish to turn off the automatic updates, you can do so through the Creative Cloud app."

I never turned on automatic updates.  This is the first time this has ever happened--a total surprise to open the software up today to a new version.  I always wait a considerable time to update.  The fact that this was toggled without my doing so is a problem.  

"What would help the most would be constructive criticisim saying exactly how they can improve versus just saying go back"

I didn't say go back--I expressed my opinion, shared by many, that the inverted colors look awful, and that users should generally always have the option to elect these new changes within the software, rather than having the changes imposed upon them. 

Feedback like this works, as does power in numbers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I fixed it. It was really simple. The thing was that it changed
on its own so I didn't know where to go to change it.
Thanks again.

*Dani Cervantes (she/her)*

[personal info deleted by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What would help the most would be constructive criticisim saying exactly how they can improve versus just saying go back" the problem is it looks like they introduced a change without asking the community if they actually like the change.

A lot of people use Premiere for long time, for 10 years or even longer, so making such a drastic change to how labels contrast looks like can affect whole workflow of experienced video editors. Trust me you don't want to be for a example a taxi driver that woke up one day and realise that your car's steering while steering left turns right. It is hard to do expect professionals to work fast and effeceint as they used to with changing the basic stuff like labels color/contrast.

I had to revert to older version as the new contrast was very distracting and giving me a literall headache as my eyes were focusing on it too much. The best they can do it to bring back the old labels behaviour as a basic option - they kept old shortcuts or "save as" behaviour for Photoshop, so I think realistically there is a place to introduce the old labels contrast as an option as well as old selected clip highlight. For me it is enough to even try to look for another alternative to Premiere as my editing efficiency got worse since even after getting used to, it still hurts my eyes by a lot.

"The developers have put in a whole new system that replaces the old system."
I get it they need to refresh UI and stuff as the modern needs changed, but their change of labels was unnecessary - yes I get that WCAG is an important thing but custiomization of things like contrast, color labels etc. should be a thing because right now a lot of pros using the software for years are forced to adapt out of nowhere with a very not user friendly set of colors. Seriously in the new color pallete Brown, Yellow etc. look the same, it is not a problem on a timeline but it is a problem in file browser as there is barely any difference between Yellow and Brown lable clips so I couldn't distinguish them. And because of how they kept all the names and used darker colors many people, including myslef thinks it is a bug, because it is just very unintuitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was in the public beta, with announcements and discussions on the public beta forum.

It is simply sensible for most users to check out tge public beta forum as there you can comment before adoption into the "release" version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us the option to change it back to how it was, this hurts my eyes and is incredibly ugly. What was anyone thinking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines