• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Label colours appear to have inverted in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened Premiere Pro today to find all the label colours in my timeline appear to be inverted. The lighter colour is now the main body of the clip and the darker colour is now the waveform. I have tried to go through all the different label group styles. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Does anyone know how to get this back to the default colours. 

I have attached an image of what it should look like and what it looks like now.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

HI everyone -

This is not actually a bug. It is the intended behavior when your label colors are brighter than a certain amount. When that is the case, we will make the waveform darker than the background instead of lighter. Most of the label colors in the "Classic" or "Vibrant" are bright enough to trigger this appearance. The "Default" ones are not. So if you don't like the look, the solution is to choose one of the more muted themes or to manually adjust your label colors to a darker color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

First, I want to thank you all again for your feedback and comments. We are actively listening and working to address the issues you've raised. I'd like to provide an overview of some of the concerns we've heard so far, to clarify what constitutes a bug and what does not.

Color Text Labels Inverted: Indeed, we've encountered a bug regarding the inversion of color text labels in this latest release. Our team is working diligently to address this issue promptly. In past releases, when a user picke

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 244 Replies 244
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@charlotteh50606133 As part of this redesign that changed the default clip colors, we also added Label Color Presets to make it easy to save and switch between presets of clip colors. You can find them in Preferences > Labels. There is a Classic preset included which uses the previous color scheme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio waveforms are still inverted and the inverted waveform is just not pleasant to look at. It hurts my eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select "Classic" from the Preferences/Label section, then click on the blue color patch for video files ... you get a picker. Sliding that down a bit in the picker gets the more closer to blue blue color we used to have. Save that.

And make sure that from the Timeline 3-bar "hamburger" menu, make user audio waveforms use label color is not selected.

You can play a bit with the green color also, but ... sadly, the way it brightens the waveform is outta our control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and even with "classic" colors enabled, it still looks just SO UGLY! *How* did y'all screw this up so badly? Give us the option to change the inverted colors and maybe work on fixing all the *actual* bugs instead of reworking things that aren't broken, omg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really not a fan of the new colors. Why can't you make this an option? The "classic" colors are not even close to what we were using literally days ago. The new look is harder to navigate, and anything that slows down our editors is a bad call. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a fan of the new colors TBH. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's kinda funny. I always customize all my colors in preferences anyway. Did before, did again this time.

----------
Become so undeniably good that you give your imposter syndrome an inferiority complex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened Premiere today for the first time since this update and yes, these color palettes are EXTREMELY distracting and completely unuseful. This is enough reason for me to stop using Premiere frankly. I can't look at these color palettes ALL DAY. Come on folks. Change it back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yuk.   The new colors are very distracting, so I switched to the "classic" look, but now the waveforms are dark, which is also disturbing.  I wish Adobe would stop fooling around so much with Premiere.  I am a professional video editor and editing instructor, so I don't appreciate my world changing overnight or Adobe "fixing" things that aren't broken.  Don't forget how a lot of us abandoned Final Cut Pro when Apple messed with it too much after Version 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you change the colors of the tracks? I feel out of place because someone decided to make me look at red subtitles and acidic sound tracks. How can it all be returned to its usual form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We users now have a lot more options for timeline colors ... go to the Preferences/Labels dialogue for those. There are both several options in the lower right for "themes" ... including "Classic" which is sorta kinda like the old view, and you can select one. And save your own, or several.

Note that in the timeline 3-bar menu there's an option for showing video and audio same colors, which was apparently the new default. I turned that off because I wanted my audio to be green as before, so they're obviously audio.

Next, for any color, you can click in the color patch, and you'll get a picker dialog. Set the hue/brightness/sat to your preference, and done.

Sadly, we can't change the over-bright "inverted" waveforms yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the biggest issue for me now is the extreme contrast. I changed back to the Classic settings for the labels which is pretty close to the old view. But the contrast on the audio waveform is still extremely unflattering and I hope there's a toggle to turn on that contrast and use the original colors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my biggest issue, the excessive contrast of the audio waveforms. Although I know some people find that SO much easier to see ... but then, everyone's mileage always varies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've wasted 2 hours of my evening today when i should have working, trying to revert this back to how I've known it for the last 10+ years.  People are upset, because you can't change something like that, that they have know for so long.

"but just change it to classic!" people have been saying, but that didn't work for me ... until i finally stumbled on this thread (having been Googling and watching Youtube videos to try and find an answer for two hours) until finally this one saved me --->

"Note that in the timeline 3-bar menu there's an option for showing video and audio same colors, which was apparently the new default. I turned that off because I wanted my audio to be green as before, so they're obviously audio."

And THAT is just about what gets it back to what I know and love! My audio was showing up as blue as well!  but if you click on the Hamburger ( 3 bar ) menu for the timeline, UNTICK 'Audio Waveforms use Label Colour' and with the Labels set to 'Classic' in preferences ... BOOM! it's almost back to how i've known it for over a decade, and I can actually get back to working tonight.

this means that i'll finish at 2am, rather than midnight. So yes Adobe, you've got me a late night with the change that you can see from 95% of the comments here, everyone dislikes <- please take note of that.

Hope this helps someone else from screaming/pulling their hair out as I have been.  I can actually stop wasting time now and get back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Another bug for you. The timeline colours are blue. Audio and Video. They will not change. I have tried to change them in settings. If you select the top box Movie and Audio and change the colour, nothing happens, there is also no option to select NONE in the drop down to enable you to select the video and audio seperately in the menus below. So we are stuck with the timeline audio and video the same colours no matter what we try to do. Please help and fix this asap. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martin!  Can help you here ...

On the timeline window click on the three horizontal bars that is to the right of the name of your Sequence.  this brings up a menu, choose "Audio waveforms use label colour" - so that it is unticked. Voila!  you should have a different colour for audio again.  Why this isn't in the Spanner/Wrench menu where it should be, i have no idea.

Hope this helps!

( then make sure in Preferences, Labels you have "Classic" selected and that's as close as you can get it! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martin, Geoff is correct.

I had trouble figuring that out also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is not so much the color change because you can switch the colors to "Classic"

The issue is that now it's harder to tell what's selected/highlighted because the selection border is smaller.

In the screenshots below I selected the same items and it's demostrably harder to see in 24.4.1Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 1.37.19 PM copy_.pngScreenshot 2024-06-04 at 1.37.19 PM__.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the main reason I will be staying on 24.3. Also, how hard is it to include a "Do not invert colors" check box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this.

I don't like the behavior of the new colors, but it's fine, I'll get used to it.

The whole "I can barely see what's selected", though, I'm not going to be able to get used to and really needs to be fixed -- and it's distressing that Adobe hasn't even commented on it (that I can see). I'm kinda stuck on 24.3 until that's fixed, and I don't want to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's actually been a fair number of staffers posting questions and responses on this issue, but of course spread out over maybe 15 different threads some with many posts.

A couple things have already been changed in the public beta. Unfortunately not the inverted colors though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot express how my company and I detest the new appearance and in every way, it makes it so hard on the eyes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then change the colors, make your own schema. Doesn't take long, and it's savable per user of course.

I certainly did, as I don't like the new default settings either. But the whole point of this was to give users options. Use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

i updated my Premier pro and found out, that the label color has switched. The text inside is noch white and not black and my label colors are completely different. It's okay, i opend an old version of my project and copy & pasted everything 1:1 like in the project before, but it still looks completely different. What can i do to get the same look back. I just want the old look. The given presets from Premier pro aren't the same as the old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The difference is in the audio tracks.

Colors are inverted.

And if you turn off AUdio Waveform Use lable color you get this weird (video) color in the audio.

AnnBens_0-1716726400119.png

Darker label color show as white (not ideal)

AnnBens_1-1716726502451.png

Hope the team comes up with a solution for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines