• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Label colours appear to have inverted in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened Premiere Pro today to find all the label colours in my timeline appear to be inverted. The lighter colour is now the main body of the clip and the darker colour is now the waveform. I have tried to go through all the different label group styles. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Does anyone know how to get this back to the default colours. 

I have attached an image of what it should look like and what it looks like now.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

HI everyone -

This is not actually a bug. It is the intended behavior when your label colors are brighter than a certain amount. When that is the case, we will make the waveform darker than the background instead of lighter. Most of the label colors in the "Classic" or "Vibrant" are bright enough to trigger this appearance. The "Default" ones are not. So if you don't like the look, the solution is to choose one of the more muted themes or to manually adjust your label colors to a darker color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

First, I want to thank you all again for your feedback and comments. We are actively listening and working to address the issues you've raised. I'd like to provide an overview of some of the concerns we've heard so far, to clarify what constitutes a bug and what does not.

Color Text Labels Inverted: Indeed, we've encountered a bug regarding the inversion of color text labels in this latest release. Our team is working diligently to address this issue promptly. In past releases, when a user picke

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 244 Replies 244
New Here ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ye that swapped a bit the colors but not that much. I rly hope too, that the team fixes this, it's so annoying to edit like this. It looks like a early access color panel hahah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe, this kind of 'improvement' stops Premiere from becoming an instrument and reduces it to a nuisance. And as you like to remind us, please 'be respectful' (to your users) 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And of course, we are grateful for all you do that helps us... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting my compaint here as well.  Lost several hours of productivity trying to research and deal with the issues in this update (24.4.1).  Will post regarding the other issues in their respective Discussion boards, but for this issue of the color palette, yes, I too was shocked that Adobe unilaterally converted everyone to an entirely new look, rather than simply informing their users that new, expanded color palette options are available.  That would have been a great use of the "What's New" cards that display when opening the software after an update.  An invitation to explore some new color palettes, if you are interested and have time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I loaded up Premiere today normally like I always do, and I have a different style of tracks. I really want the old ones back, I have no idea what is wrong. The style is wrong and the colors are wrong. 
Screenshot 2024-06-04 200839.png

I don't know how these forums work but hopefully someone can get back to me and help me. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, there's new color stuff available now. And it's puzzling at first.

Go to Preferences/Labels, choose the Classic option lower right.

You still may need to adjust the hue/sat/brightness to taste, just click the color box in that dialog and make changes in the color picker. You do now have a lot of ability to mod that to taste.

To get the green audio back, that's now on the 3-bar menu in the Timeline panel sequence tabs, separating audio and video track color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I want the green audio back too, but where is the 3 bar menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each sequence in the timeline panel has a little 3-bar icon to the right of the sequence name. Click on that.

Anywhere you see those 3 short horizontal bars, also known as the "hamburger" menu, there are options if you click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the hamburger menu, but where is the option to change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's something like show audio and video labels the same or whatever. Don't remember the exact wording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently scrambling to figure out what is going on in my timeline on a tight turnaround for a project. Switched from my usual editing machine to my laptop to edit for the day, only to find that everything looks wrong. Even going back to an earlier version doesn't fix the problem. Now I'm wasting precious time troubleshooting while my client is waiting for my deliverable. Does Adobe ever consider that this is disruptive to people's livelihoods???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences/Labels set Default in lower right to Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helps, but it doesn't revert the waveform colors back to what they were. As far as I can tell, there's currently no way to change this. If Adobe offers the option to undo this waveform color scheme, I'll be happy. I don't mind more options, I'm just asking to simply have the option to put the colors back exactly the way they were in every way.

The classic theme helps, but it's not enough. It still doesn't look the same. What Adobe should've done was keep the the user's defaults exactly the same as they were, but introduce the ability to change those default color themes with new options and let the user decide if they wanted to switch to it. I get that wanting it exactly the same sounds picky, but it's what I have become accustomed to while using this software for over 12 years, so the change is messing with my brain.

I'm also in the middle of a project, and I updated from 42.2.1 because of some bugs that got fixed in later versions, and the bugs were preventing me from performing certain tasks. So I updated, and got this. And now my brain is having to adjust to the change in the middle of trying to hit a deadline. This wasn't a good way for Adobe to roll this out in my opinion.

I at least appreciate that they seem to be working on giving the option to revert back to exactly the way it was before in the next update, so at least it's being addressed. But I'm still going to say this was a bad roll out for not keeping people's defaults exactly, and simply offering the option to try the new color scheme if the user wants. Instead, they got rid of the old waveform color scheme, and changed all the default colors, only offering a vaguely familiar Classic theme that kinda sorta puts it back to what it was, but still looks very different from before.

Options are fine, but it's the fact that those new options are now the forced default that's the issue, and there's no way to fully revert it back to exactly the way it was (waveform colors included, noit just a Classic Theme). That's where Adobe went wrong here in my opinion.

Everything else in the update seems fine though, they fixed a lot of bugs that were really giving me grief.

Nosidda89_0-1717621307435.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agreed. While I really like the ability to create or adopt new timeline color schemas, I don't like the changes made to the "default" look ... without user input.

I don't even understand why you would think of doing that. Ah well.

The "classic" option does not match the previous colors off the bat. You have to go into the color samples given, click, use the color picker to mod the hue/sat/luma to what you want.

Even then, the 'inverted' audio track is not what I want. And you cannot change that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clip colors in Premiere Pro seem to be very wrong. Mango and many of the other colors appear as a dark red-brown, including yellow and others. I could deal with it if they were at least distinguishable from one another, but they're definitely not enough. I tried restarting and updating to no effect.

I saw another similar post that I'm unsure was the same issue, but Adobe employees in that thread seemed to be saying that was not a bug. I either cannot believe that's the case here, or I am sure this will be very quickly reversed.

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 5.46.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured out how to revert back to the standard palette. I would like to hear from whoever thought it was a good idea to reduce the contrast of the default palette to drastically--brown and yellow look almost identical, rose and magenta look almost the same, green, teal, cerulean, and caribbean look all very similar--how can you have put this out. Not to mention the lack of contrast against the default dark interface. I understand concerns about eye strain but that palette is unusable. And if you're going to make the colors that dull, at least change the names to reflect it so that users don't wonder if they suddenly are colorblind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I came across the same issue, but you can go back to the older label colors by selecting "Classic" on the Labels Preferences.Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same problem. Adobe is trying hard to lose my business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yah, pretty wild to open up premiere to this today. Thought the program had wigged out. Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although classic isn't truly classic. The audio waveform is very hard to read now and they don't differentiate the audio clip color from the video clip color? I don't understand why they did this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a nightmare Adobe.  Thanks for the help everyone.  Yes when reverting to classic, the default Carribean has white text ...basically illegible.  Waveforms are difficult to read.  Terrible form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @EdHorta,

Was having a mini heart attack because the changed coloured were very disorienting!

Thanks a ton!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @matthewk40523459 , we had a couple of bugs around the colors. We updated the Premiere Palette and indeed, some of the the brown colors (yellow, tan, brown and mango) were too similar.. You can try the color changes in the latest Beta. Thanks again for your feedback.

New color Palette.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm all for options, but in what world is this a yellow? 

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 3.51.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if there's a bug in the new label colors that were updated in PP 24.4.1?  Yellow now looks brown and is almost indistinguishable from selecting 'Brown', 'Tan' or 'Mango'.  They all look like a similar, (almost indestuinguishable) version of brown.  And 'Teal', 'Cerulean', 'Green' and 'Iris' now look almost the exact same.  All the colours in general look way darker.  I'm in the middle of a project and rely on the color separation to quickly detect various groups of clips on my timeline.  The color coding is kind of useless now. Hoping this is something Adobe plans to fix quickly?  

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines