• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Label colours appear to have inverted in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened Premiere Pro today to find all the label colours in my timeline appear to be inverted. The lighter colour is now the main body of the clip and the darker colour is now the waveform. I have tried to go through all the different label group styles. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Does anyone know how to get this back to the default colours. 

I have attached an image of what it should look like and what it looks like now.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

HI everyone -

This is not actually a bug. It is the intended behavior when your label colors are brighter than a certain amount. When that is the case, we will make the waveform darker than the background instead of lighter. Most of the label colors in the "Classic" or "Vibrant" are bright enough to trigger this appearance. The "Default" ones are not. So if you don't like the look, the solution is to choose one of the more muted themes or to manually adjust your label colors to a darker color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

First, I want to thank you all again for your feedback and comments. We are actively listening and working to address the issues you've raised. I'd like to provide an overview of some of the concerns we've heard so far, to clarify what constitutes a bug and what does not.

Color Text Labels Inverted: Indeed, we've encountered a bug regarding the inversion of color text labels in this latest release. Our team is working diligently to address this issue promptly. In past releases, when a user picke

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 244 Replies 244
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I want to thank you for your feedback and comments.  I'd like to provide you with an overview of some of your concerns and help clarify what constitutes a bug and what does not.

Color Text Labels Inverted: Indeed, we've encountered a bug regarding the inversion of color text labels in this latest release. Our team is working diligently to address this issue promptly. In past releases, when a user picked a darker color background, the text labels would always appear black. While this provided consistency, it often resulted in readability issues. With the new dynamic color text formula, the text label color adapts based on the colors and brightness of the background, ensuring improved readability and usability. Premiere Pro introduced this dynamic color text formula with the intention to enhance visibility by adjusting the text label color based on the luminance and brightness of the clip.

AdolfoH_0-1716506823501.png

New Clip Colors: The introduction of a fresh color palette was aimed at alleviating eye fatigue and addressing longstanding clip color accessibility issues. Over the years, brighter colors in dark editing spaces have caused strain, and the previous color scheme ("classic") posed readability challenges, especially with waveform visualizations. The new colors offer improved contrast, enhancing intelligibility and making waveform analysis easier ( faster identification of clicks or other audio artifacts). Additionally, we've updated the color picker formula to optimize contrast ratios depending on the background color that a user chooses, further enhancing flexibility and customization options by preserving accessibility as well.  There is a bug with the brown colors as you mentioned that will be fixed in the next release ( the fix is in Beta already). Please let me know if you have any questions.

AdolfoH_2-1716506823500.png

Color Labels Presets: This new version also allows you to create new color label presets, enabling you to adjust your colors based on your preferences and needs.

AdolfoH_4-1716506823472.png

Audio Waveform Layering based on Track Height: For this release, we have implemented an old Audition feature called Waveform Visualization Layering. In previous versions of Premiere Pro, when the track height was less than 24 pixels, we would scale down the audio visualization waveforms of a clip containing more than two channels, resulting in a loss of definition and clarity (waveform drawings in this case were rendered with a height of less than 8 pixels). The new version of Premiere Pro adds the audio layering feature to represent multichannel audio as a single audio waveform visualization. I want to clarify that the audio is NOT being mixed down or converted to mono.

AdolfoH_6-1716506823527.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adolfo, I see the bug for the colol labels mention in your post.  Look forward to the fix in the next release. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adolfo, I see the bug for the colol labels mentioned in your post.  Look forward to the fix in the next release. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem at all @docut . Thanks for posting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue (V24.4.1) where I am trying to change label colours with the colour picker. If I move the colour picker outside of the scope of Premiere Pro windows, it does not function properly. Every colour sampled becomes some shade of rusty orange.

Please advise.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain what you're doing precisely ... I'm puzzled. Do you mean you're trying to sample something outside of Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - issue resolve sometime in the past few days. (rebooted? stars aligned?) R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you serious about this?

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 12.41.26 PM.png

What color is this one?

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 1.28.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the caveat that the "Classic" setting should work properly, I really think the heart of the issue here is less about the label colors and styling exactly matching previous versions, but more about the fact that us editors are usually in situations where we have to move fast and we have every aspect of the visual representation of our timeline memorized for quick access.

This new sceme is a step backwards for readability, eye strain, and clarity of visual information. For example, reading clip names is now harder, understanding waveforms is now harder, seeing audio dissolves and transitions like morph cuts are now harder, the highlights on selected clips are now more diffucilt to see... No editor at my company responded well. That's not being stubborn or against change. If all of these things were actually better, I think there would be less worry about a new look and much less noise on this discussion. Maybe there would even be praise for a refresh built around functionality that better serves editors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is exactly it. I've wasted so much time on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before:
gsdfsd.PNG

Now:

hjhgjhds.PNG

I've changed the presets, I've changed the defaults. I have reset everything. The only thing I have not done is a reinstall, because it ruins my workspace (I know I can save and load a workspace, but that straight up doesn't work.). No matter what I do, the colors show as some horrible shade of blue, even if I set every default to pink.

How can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least on the forum post, it pretty much looks the same to me.

Here's a Couple of screen shots using the 'Classic colors from Preferences->Labels'

MyerPj_0-1717890929178.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I used a bad example because I had to screenshot an old youtube video.

My premiere pro used to look like yours, where the audio was green and the video label was a different color.  Now they are exactly the same and I can't seem to fix it. But even if I change everything to PINK it both the audio and video come out blue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For getting the audio track color labels different from the video tracks, go to the Timeline panel.

Any sequence tab, click on the 3-bar menu.

Deselect "Audio Waveforms Use Video Color" and you should have the green audio tracks back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks Neil! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user interface is absolutely terrible please change it back its that bad i feel like using another program 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish they'd included an option to change to the brand new, far more user-controllable label system's "default" setup, but they didn't.

Go to the Preferences/Labels dialog, lower right select "Classic".

You may need to click on the video track color swatch to bring up the color picker, and set the hue/sat/luma to your wishes.

If you are getting same color on audio and video, go to the Timeline panel, and the Sequence 3-bar menu to the right of any sequence name ... click, and deselect the option for same label for audio/video tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Venting time....so the new colors in our timelines....which fancy executive that hasn't editied a day in their life who had the final say on changing and picking these horrible new highly saturated, dark colors exactly? What is the rational behind this, not even giving us the option to revert back to the original color pallette. 

Yah, let's just change everything without no consultation whatsoever and let people deal with it. I just spent 2 hours of my day triying to find a solution to changing this back and you just can't. I litterally can't edit with this, I need very specific tones and I feel like I can't do anything.

I'm massively OCD when it comes to layourt, placement and especially colors and this just doesn't work. I have no idea what I'm going to do. PLEASE REVERT BACK TO WHAT IT WAS NOW!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jean-Freancoi2740338808rs The Premiere Pro engineering team has people with backgrounds from all parts of the post-production and entertainment industries, and we chose these new default colors to go hand in hand with a new design for the clips in the timeline including the draggable audio fade handles.

As part of this update we also added Label Color Presets, found in Preferences > Labels. There you'll find the new ability to easily save and switch between any presets you create as well as a preset called Classic which has the previous colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies...thanks for this. I was in a major crunch and in a panic I just didn't see that under labels initially. My bad, thanks again Matt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The draggable audio fade handles look way too much like cuts, and they are also now much more difficult to grab and drag. I have a very diffcult time getting the icon to change so i can drag their length. Whoever thought this was bettter than how they worked and looked previously needs to reconsider their opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There weren't audio fade handles in PrPro before, only Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there were. If you hovered your mouse over the end of the audio fade, your cursor would turn into the red bracket and you could drag it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without first applying an audio transition? I don't think so ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines