• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Label colours appear to have inverted in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened Premiere Pro today to find all the label colours in my timeline appear to be inverted. The lighter colour is now the main body of the clip and the darker colour is now the waveform. I have tried to go through all the different label group styles. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Does anyone know how to get this back to the default colours. 

I have attached an image of what it should look like and what it looks like now.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

HI everyone -

This is not actually a bug. It is the intended behavior when your label colors are brighter than a certain amount. When that is the case, we will make the waveform darker than the background instead of lighter. Most of the label colors in the "Classic" or "Vibrant" are bright enough to trigger this appearance. The "Default" ones are not. So if you don't like the look, the solution is to choose one of the more muted themes or to manually adjust your label colors to a darker color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

First, I want to thank you all again for your feedback and comments. We are actively listening and working to address the issues you've raised. I'd like to provide an overview of some of the concerns we've heard so far, to clarify what constitutes a bug and what does not.

Color Text Labels Inverted: Indeed, we've encountered a bug regarding the inversion of color text labels in this latest release. Our team is working diligently to address this issue promptly. In past releases, when a user picke

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 244 Replies 244
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are on 24.4 (did not mention Pr version and build!)

The new update 24.4 has a whole new and different label color feature.

You can set this in the Preferences under Label.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I am using 24.4. I understand that they updated their color labels but the default is still incorrect and different to my coworkers interfaces. I uninstalled this application and opened up the old version of Premiere to see if that would work but it still showed as these weird inverted colors. I am wondering now if it is a workspace setting rather than it having anything to do with the label setting themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

BTW my timeline looks the same as yours regarding the label colors (and so called inverted).

AnnBens_0-1715692043670.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI everyone -

This is not actually a bug. It is the intended behavior when your label colors are brighter than a certain amount. When that is the case, we will make the waveform darker than the background instead of lighter. Most of the label colors in the "Classic" or "Vibrant" are bright enough to trigger this appearance. The "Default" ones are not. So if you don't like the look, the solution is to choose one of the more muted themes or to manually adjust your label colors to a darker color.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification Mike. My problem is since I have dyslexia, the current default preset gives me visual stress syndrome. It has too high contrast between the timeline and waveform. People with dyslexia comprehend/read faster when color pairs have lower contrasts. I tried swapping to the "classic" look but then just got visually confused by the look of the audio transition. I don't have a very big monitor so I need small effects like transitions to pop so I can see them, and the previous version did that by being yellow. It was too uncomfortable for me so I just rolled back 24.3, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to edit anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be interested if you try out the latest 25.5 beta, which has the new UI reskin for Pr, with a bunch of color changes. This may help with the issues you are experiencing. It has a specific low-contrast mode. We'd like to know how this works for you:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the 25.5 beta version is not shown in Adobe Creative Cloud. I checked it is only 24.6 beta version and it says "Latest version". How can I get the 25.5 beta version. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the time the post was written 24.5 was the latest beta version. Now its 24.6 (not much difference)

Once you install 24.6, 24.5 will show in the desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I see my reply is missing. Please Adobe team fix the zooming on the sequence/timeline when using the "alt + mouse wheel". It did not zoom on the cursor / playhead in the timeline, it's very annoying. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Me and my coworker we both have dyslexia and we're trying to work the whole day with no success due to this change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you guys plan to add an option to toggle these more vibrant colors in the appereance menu? I find them very hard on my eyes and they make the timeline unpleasant to look at .-.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How on earth did any of your team think this was a good idea?

It makes quick recognition of elements on the timeline (in regards to audio / waveforms) MUCH harder to read at a glance. 

I only updated due to all of the big 3 (effect/prem/encoder) "suddenly" developing problems (such as crashing and restarting my machine)! and refusing to do basic tasks - something that regularly happens when a new update is available. 

The labels were absolutely fine as they were, you're "fixing" things that don't need fixing

Guess, I'll just have to grin and bear it (standard adobe operating procedure at this point) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't need this change in any way shape or form. The new colorability options are actually kinda cool once you take the time needed to set them up for your wishes ... but I do not like the Fx badge changes.

But for all of us, we do have to remember we are but one of the several million daily users ... and that all other users will naturally see about anything different than we do.

On a F-book pro editors Pr forum, several of the other older curmudgeonly types were OUTRAGED!!!!! ... and went to the "Vivid" color scheme just to show how awful it was ...

... and ... um .... they liked it, a whole lot.

We're all different, work differently, see differently. Some people absolutely love these changes, many haven't even paid any attention to them, and some of us ... well, aren't fans.

Just remember, there are tons of people that either love this or didn't even notice. Weird as that seems to you and me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Premiere 24.4 and ALL of the defualt colors that I am using on a show to label interviews, scenes, b roll, titles etc are all different colors.  I understand there is a new color labeling update, however "Yellow" is brown... Violet is brown, tan is brown, green is a swampy mucus color, cerulean is a dark blue.  Just very bizzare.  I reverted back to 24.3 and all the color labels did not revert back to their original color sadly...

Using a Macbook Pro M2 Max, fully specc'd.  

Sonoma 14.4.1

Mod note: Edited for content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<I reverted back to 24.3 and all the color labels did not revert back to their original color sadly...>>

Referring to 24.3 - You can try resetting your user prefs back to default. Hold down shift when starting PP and respond to the dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset app preferences does not work - so delete that. You can go into edit - preferences - labels - and select 'classic' - - but the colors for audio and transitions etc are not able to be changed back.

Mod note: This has been edited for content. Please do not disparage community members, including Adobe employees, here. Please avoid using all caps. We appreciate all members who abide by Adobe Community Guidelines. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly doesn't help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even just working through this annoyance is slowing things down..  The "new" color labels are SO dark and similair to one another that I'm having a hard time telling the difference on what's enabled and disabled.. proving to be extremely difficult with turnovers for sound where they are requiring every audio track to be enabled and having 40 tracks of audio over the span of 44min while having this issue is just not ideal.. Really hoping for a patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My app updated automatically to 24.4.0 and all of my labels are now different colors. They are much darker and harder to see, and not even close to the original colors. I found in preferences where I can change the color scheme to 'classic' but they still aren't the correct colors. This is so frustrating! I could easily find clips based on their color label before and now I'm wasting time trying to figure out which new colors correspond with the old ones.

Adobe why would you do this! Please give us the option to keep the old colors!

Mod note: While troubleshooting NLE issues of any kind can be frustrating, please avoid using all capital letters in Adobe forums. It is considered shouting, and that's not acceptable according to Adobe Community Guidelines. The community appreciates your understanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest release of Premiere Pro, new features summary

Either revert to previous version or learn to accept.

The old colors won't be coming back.

You can make your own color scheme based on the old colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You can make your own color scheme based on the old colors." the problem is, that when you use a classic vibrant color set the sound wave is not light, it is inverted to dark and there is no way to customize it. Using darker labels makes them hard to differentiate in the browser, while they pop up too much on a timeline because of how much contrast it is between the sound wave and a the label itself.

The old ones with lighter sound wave color were so much more pleasent for my eye as I find the new contrast rather distracting. I wish there was a way to adjust the contrast manually so nobody could complain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Now that I look at @Mike-Berry's post, I'm not sure this will help. If someone tries this, let us know.

Original post: BEFORE you update, Edit -> Preferences -> Labels. Create and save a preset. Then once updated, select that preset.

On Windows, this is saved to:
C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Adobe\Common\Assets\Label Color Presets

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines