• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paint Bucket effect disappeared from my Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Paint Bucket effect disappeared from my Premiere; it’s not where it should be, and with its disappearance, all my presets that used the Paint Bucket are also gone. I use this effect a lot; it makes no sense for them to remove it from Premiere. My current version is 24.6.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

For PNGs, you can use Alpha Glow for a quick stroke effect. Alternatively, use Drop Shadow and apply it 4 times, each incremented at a 90-degree angle to create an outline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Found a fix for this finally - go back to an old file where you used the Paint Bucket effect and save it as a preset. When you drag it onto a new element in a new file, it functions the same as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2024 Sep 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save the "Paint Bucket" as a present in a previous version of Premiere and then export that preset and re-import it into the updated version of premiere. I agree with the majority of you all, it is completely unecessary to create an additional graphic layer for a simple alpha stroke, any who says otherwise hasn't spent enough time in the chair recnetly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2024 Sep 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"**as a preset" typo from above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2024 Oct 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you say open a Previous version of PR, do you mean backtrack the software or open an old project where I used the pain bucket effect, and potentially save that as a preset? I will try this. Right now, using an adjustment layer and adding the drop shadow (x4) has been working well. Adobe's website has Lumetri as the replacement for Paint Bucket but I don't see how. Thank you for understanding our pain.

BTW I already have the Drop shadow "Stroke" effect saved as a preset if anyone wants it let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2024 Oct 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Paint Bucket Effect*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2024 Oct 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some uses of Paint Bucket can be created with Lumetri, but others, such as adding strokes & shadows,  can be created using the Graphics panel ... create or import a shape/item to that panel, add fill, stroke, or shadow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Paint Bucket effect was removed in version 24.6 of Premiere Pro. You can find more details about the changes here: Obsolete Effects and Transitions

If you can describe what you used the Paint Bucket effect for, we can suggest alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for an alternative for Paint Bucket to create strokes around video and images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too, i use the paint bucket to add strokes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I liked to be able to add a border to an image without adding another layer.  I don't see this ability in Lumetri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a graphics function ... strokes are in the Graphics workspace. Add text or a shape via the options there, down below, add fill or stroke or shadow ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics adds a layer seperate from the layer of the image that I'm attempting to add the shape to, which is what I'm trying to avoid unless I'm missing something and doing it incorrectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's "what is" ... I'm a practical guy.

Many editors typically run 10-20 video tracks. Keeping that mentally organized is perhaps something I'm not interested in learnIng, so I also keep tracks down. But you have to have graphics in any project.

So I'm okay with this change. And understand someone frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just seems backwards to have to deal with another track for something that needs to stay with the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally understood! That's what is more comfortable for you to see and work with.

Many others have thicker timelines than thee & me, using grouping to keep multiple tracks of elements together. That is actually a very typical editing process.

But the most fascinating thing of my decade plus now of going to NAB, is that clearly everyone works differently than anyone else. What you or me are comfortable with will be guaranteed annoying to someone else.

It's learning how to work and thrive in an "environment" where everyone else works differently, that is at times the biggest challenge.

For example, I work for/with/teach pro colorists, who are mostly based in Resolve. I've been in Resolve daily for years.

I still struggle to figure out where the flipping Hades they hide all the billion menu options around that app. And I dislike the lack of customized workspaces you can do in Resolve. I have nine custom workspaces in  Premiere.

I don't even care for the "look" of that app.

But I've good friends who love the Resolve UI, and have never had to hunt for anything because "it's all laid out so perfectly obviously" ... ! As I've just blown an hour trying to find a command or option setting  ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To avoid having separate tracks for your image and the stroke, add your image to the graphic layer.

• Go to Graphics and Titles > New Layer > From File

Once you've created the first one, you can simply duplicate the graphic and drag other images from the Project panel directly into the Essential Graphics panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Paul.  That was exactly what I needed and nothing else.  I will be using this knowledge quite a bit.  You are amazing!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2024 Sep 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still find that graphics panel technique to be a bit of a b-ache with some assets. If i'm just adding a stroke, sometimes I will finish the keyframes on said masked object, then duplicate, make a solid colour, then transform scale (with the same ancor point). I find this less of a pain depending on the asset being used. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is beyond dumb. Why would they remove an effect that is still being used by a lot of users!!! How do I create a solid color background without creating millions of Color Mattes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, there are several million daily users of Premiere. So exactly how many, or perhaps better, what percentage of the user base have used that in the last ... year, maybe?

You think "a lot" of people do. So give a quantity.

The second part of your post I can't understand. To make a background color in the EGP you create a shape (which is mostly automated now), click Fill, select a color.

Whole process takes a few seconds.

Yea, changes can be annoying. But it's not like you don't have usable options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics panel, shape tool. Keep the project Giles tidier. But sucks that
we lost the OG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea i'm a little annoyed this was taken off as well as I use this a lot. Is there a reason why? It was already a lot of work doing this so making it even harder shouldn't be the goal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been stated many times, many places, for many years.

Obsolete bin was effects that were 1) ancient code and 2) used by relatively few users of the total user base. Therefore, not high enough priority to re-make from the ground up compared to so many other things that needed doing.

Not best thrilled about losing a couple things myself, but ... I do understand the reasoning behind it. As a business owner myself, I've had to make priority decisions that even i didn't like having to make.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find this video I made about cropping and adding strokes useful: https://youtu.be/3MOjxbnvT0s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines