Exit

paranormal export with jittering and flickering

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vlcsnap-2016-11-17-13h45m15s844.png

Hello.

I have a problem when exporting to any format. It causes jittering and flickering most of the time on the trasition effects but not everytime on transitions. And it is random problem I mean if I export again a sequence it will jitter and flicker in other timecodes. I must notice that still happened also after exporting from Avid Media Composer v8.4 but I don't edit on it anymore at home I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015. I'm using Windows Ultimate 64 bit on a Dell T5400 machine with a Nvidia Quadro FX5800 and a 512 gb Samsung SSD and 32 gb ECC memory. The computer works brilliant but I think it have been 1 years since I have this problem and struggling to find out what's the problem. I have also tested today with another video card but still the same problem. The screenshot attached is from a video that jitters and flickers - this is how the jitter looks. I would like to attach the video here but I have notice you can attach just images. Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are plenty of file sharing sites out there.  You'll need to upload and then post the download link here.

This would let us examine the problem file directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great ideea, thank you. Here is the link to the video scrambled: test placa video.mp4 - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's messed up.

But if the same issue was occurring with Avid, then I can only think the cause must lie either in the media, the effects, or your system.

Is this a dedicated editing rig, or do you use it for other things besides editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is mostly dedicated to my actual job video editing and compositing. Yes the same issue entountered in Avid after exporting. I don't really think the media is the problem at all. I repeat I just dragged some pics in timeline and drop some default effects on it and and the export is scrambled even is mp4 mov avi or anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need a Baseline for ""not broken"". can you place a simple clip in timeline with no effects, transitions, adjust layers or anything and render ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. If I do that will do the export with no problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is pointing to a system issue, then, if it's affecting all media and exports across two NLEs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's the solution then? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test the footage and project on another system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My first thought is to wipe the system and start over.  Reinstall Windows and programs from scratch.  (Only this time, choose either Avid or Premiere, not both.  At least not right off.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some adjustment layers, transitions, nesting, Gaussian blurs, fields, these all can create problems. and wouldn't show up in your footage unless we had a project example as well.

also, renderer-software or cuda?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried both cuda and software and same result. Do you want to see the project? Should I share it? With all the sources etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whats the transition you are using ? is the video track above any other layer ?

Muhannad,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that movie that was a layer on top as logo (a png with alpha) but it is not important at all it gets scrambled with or without logo or anything just random scrambled and flickering movies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used some newblue transitions. But it is not important at all since I have done a project with only pics and used default premiere transitions and got the same scrambled results just a take a look at the movie: Fastupload.ro - transfer rapid de fiÅŸiere online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines