• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pinch to Zoom not working on Surface Book 2 Track Pad, works on touchscreen

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As title says, multi touch gestures are not working in Premiere 2017 or 2017 on my brand new Surface Book 2 when using the track pad.  However, they work when using the touchscreen.  Anyone else have a surface book 2 and same issue?  Any fix for this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be more specific, I can't pinch to zoom, do horizontal or vertical scrolling with touchpad.  These things do work with the touch screen however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WKutu,

Can you try this on a new project in Premiere Pro CC 2018? There have been a good deal of bug fixes and updates for devices like Surface Pro since CC 2017.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that this is a new Surface Book 2.  This model was only released last week, so not sure if those bug fixes apply.

I just tried it on Premiere CC 2018 and the same thing is happening: When using the touchscreen, multitouch is working as expected.  However,   when I try to use the trackpad, it is not.  For example, when I pinch to zoom on the timeline, the cursor turns into a symbol of a blue arrow pointing left with green vertical lines on either side.  Something like this:  | <--|.  It doesn't seem to actually do anything and when I stop pinching it turns back to the regular select arrow.

Two finger scrolling works horizontally but vertically it either does nothing or interprets it as a horizontal scroll.

I should finally point out that otherwise the multitouch precision touchpad is working fine in other software:  pinch to zoom working in Chrome, multifinger gestures working on Windows, etc.  However I'm getting the same "touchscreen only" issue in Photoshop and After Effects.  I haven't tested other Adobe apps yet.

I already submitted a bug report, but any fixes or workarounds here would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue I believe.  Microsoft edge and other apps I can zoom with two fingers, however in Adobe CC apps the only way I can zoom is by using my fingers on the screen. Is this the same problem being discussed here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes solodolorolo, this is that issue. Please file a bug here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cant seem to figure out where to report the bug once I click on indesign as the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inferred from this tweet by Adobe support that it's not a "bug" but part of the design.  Apparently trackpad was never designed to support gestures, only screen.  That's the case in Photoshop according to the tweet, and I'm assuming it's true across the board.  Unfortunate since they're supported by Mac's trackpad, but I'm not an engineer so it may be totally reasonable.  I think I'm going to have to return the Surfacebook and retreat back to a Macbook.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue!!!!!!

Please fix this. This is ridiculous. Every programm I have works flawlessly with the trackpad except the Adobe CC.

The precision trackpad drivers Microsoft uses are awesome and it's your responsibility as a developer to incorporate this. I'm feeling like a second class citizen compared to Macs, where, guess what, this totally works.

This can't be rocket science. And if it were, afaik, Microsoft and Adobe have a partnership, specifically in regards to Surface devices. Maybe talk to the MS guys if you need help.

So please get some developers to fix this. I'm using a $3000 computer that's not at fault here.

This is seriously hindering my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I let the team know, wkutu. Thanks for filing the bug.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sucks and i find it very hard to use now. certainly slowing me down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this. This is ridiculous. Every programm I have works flawlessly with the trackpad except the Adobe CC.

The precision trackpad drivers Microsoft uses are awesome and it's your responsibility as a developer to incorporate this. I'm feeling like a second class citizen compared to Macs, where, guess what, this totally works.

This can't be rocket science. And if it were, afaik, Microsoft and Adobe have a partnership, specifically in regards to Surface devices. Maybe talk to the MS guys if you need help.

So please get some developers to fix this. I'm using a $3000 computer that's not at fault here.

This is seriously hindering my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Book 2 and I'm having exactly the same issue.

Zoom-in and out work in the touch screen, but they do not work in the trackpad.

Even vertical scroll up and down does not work properly in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Does anybody know if there is a fix for this issue?

If not, that would be a reason to return my laptop.

The main use that I will make of my laptop is going to be using Adobe apps (Adobe Acrobat Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator).

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Touch screen zooming works for Adobe Illustrator but the track pad (Two finger zoom out in in). I think an issue since over a year would be solved or added as a feature by now. Either Apple paid Adobe for exclusivity for a number of years or the development team has its focus on the Apple products owing to all apple products being the same and windows laptops made be a large sub set of players. If they allowed Windows laptops to support it could backfire for laptops that dont support multi touch gestures which are not Surfaces. Just a guess though. I found the lack of the zoom on my Surface Book (Original) and Surface Pro devices frustrating. It was my "secret weapon for speed work" on my Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines