• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placeholder for chancing footage in a Sequenz

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create a sequence in Premiere with placeholders inserted? I would like to link these placeholders again and again with new content. As an example - I have a presentation that always has the same structure, but the content changes every month. I don't want to manually add the new footage to the sequence every time, I'd like a workflow where I drag new footage into a folder and Premiere Pro says "here's your new footage" and links it automaticly.

Thx

Neil

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Sorry, I don't think you can do this automatically. Suppose you change the names of all the newly shot clips to be the same as your "placeholder" sequence to make it automatic. That could work. Perhaps you can set up some scripting in your OS to rename your clips in such a manner. 

I think this is a great feature request. Make that here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you mean placeholder in sequence, did you mean for example: opener, video 1, video2, video 3, video 4.....closed video and you must change only specific videos like video 1 and video 3.

Solution 1: In case if videos are just following one after another and have same specs , you can do this directly in Encoder, just use stich function.

Solution 2: Rename videos with numbers in order that must follow. Import in premiere, select all and drag them to new sequence and render. Next time delete this sequence and videos with numbers that you must replace. Import new videos with number and sort them. Drag all in new sequence and render.

Yes its is not automatically but I hope it will helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stefan,

Yes! These are good ideas. 

I know that you can stitch simple sequences together in Media Encoder. Good call. I was envisioning that the OP needed to have titles in the sequence, and that would not be supported. 

Yes, changing the clip names to Clip 1, Clip 2, etc. would work. Then, select the sequence and right-click to choose to Make Offline. Import the new clips into a new bin (to keep the project organized), rename them to Clip 1, Clip 2, etc., and then Link media. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines