• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Play around?

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the play around shortcut in sequences since forever. Now it's stopped working. Tried a new project, new media, new sequence, doesn't work. Cleared cache, reset prefs, uninstalled and re-installed, removed all plugins, used default settings, etc. Doesn't work. I've connected with support and together we dealt with all the usual suspects. Still not working. Also, play to out and play from in do not work. But play in to out works.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Suggestions?

Mac Studio, Ventura, hasn't worked with current and last two Premiere updates.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

I just resolved this.  Play around and some other play functions do not work correctly if you have the reference monitor open.  Try closing the reference pane and see if it works.  It worked for me...finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Not yet. Can you adivse how disruptive it may be?  We are in the middle of a major doc project and about to start another. This is an annoying problem but if it means a long restoration (settings, etc.) then we may wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the Adobe tech did work with me to manually remove old versions, etc. Not for if cleaner does more than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an annoying problem but if it means a long restoration (settings, etc.) then we may wait.

By @Adobe_Dude

It is not something you want to do if you are in a hurry.

If a workaround is OK to use for now, then do it when you have downtime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, we used the cleaner tool and no change.  Anyone else find that play around is not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Play around doesn't work here either. For a split second the time indicator jumps to head of clip then snaps back to where it was without playing anything. Definitely broken.

Ventura 13.2.1

Premiere 23.5.0 (Build 56)

MacBook Pro 16" 2023 M2 Max 64GB Memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just resolved this.  Play around and some other play functions do not work correctly if you have the reference monitor open.  Try closing the reference pane and see if it works.  It worked for me...finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it! Close the reference monitor panel and play around function works again.  Thank you Adobe_Dude!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked for you. This must be an unintended blip and I hope Adobe patches it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines