• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback and scrubbing is non responsive: Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.0 (Mac)

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encode long (1-2 hours) Apple ProRes 422 LT video files to H.264 files for the web. Using Adobe Premiere 2018, playback and scrubbing is all quick, responsive and without any issue. Exporting with Premiere or Encoder takes about an hour to encode 1 hour of footage. All good.

I updated to Adobe Premiere 2019 two days ago. Playback and scrubbing is non responsive. When I move the play head, it take 26 seconds for the frame to load in the preview windows. When I export with Encoder, a 1 hour video takes 45 hours to encode to H.264. That doesn't work, so I've had to go back to Premiere 2018. I have many different systems, Mac Pro (Mid 2012), MacBook Pro (Early 2013) Mac Pro (Late 2013), some with High Sierra, some with Mojave... All experience the same issue. Premiere 2018 is fine, Premiere 2019 doesn't work.

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 10.59.25 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check your systems compatibility here:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

And these are additional helpful info (2019 version requires newer and more powerful hardware unlike 2018)

Important information on GPU-acceleration with CUDA and Apple Metal | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help investigate the slowdown.

Are you seeing the same results with OpenCL GPU acceleration compared to Metal?

This has been helpful for some Mac users.     Worth a quick check.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me as I stated earlier is having Premiere and After Effects open at the same time. Also, Premiere is CRAWLING when there are After Effects compositions inside a sequence. I have made sure I am on hardware render in AE and also tried Metal and OpenCL.

During encoding within Premiere I have to shut After Effects down for it to go faster. This isn't good for my disk usage and longitivity.

My system is an iMac 5K,  late 2015 27 inch. 4GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 ..... my system is running the latest Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Adobe Premiere 2019 4 days ago, i had to turn back to 2018 for very bad performace. Anyways in 2019 - 2018 its imposible the timeline playback and i experienced very long render with Encoder, this in Premiere  2018.

I have the same results using Open Cl or Metal

My system is:

Mac Pro (Mid 2013) with Mojave.

3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5.

32GB of RAM.

2 AMD FirePro D700

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

b.johannes.bryan,

We have not heard back from you. Any updates?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines