Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback Issues on Premiere Pro CC 2015

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently having major playback issues on Premiere Pro, as in it's not playing back at all. This was working perfectly on the previous version.

I have tried re-installing it, and I have done the Mercury Playback Setting change that I found else where in the forums but I am still having issues, can any one shed a light on this please?

Thanks,

Lewis.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Hello VGA Grayster,

I am currently having major playback issues on Premiere Pro, as in it's not playing back at all. This was working perfectly on the previous version.

EDIT: Please install the Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.1) update. It fixes most playback issues covered in this thread.

If the update does not solve the playback issue you were having on a current project, try a new project and see if playback returns to normal. For any other issues with the update, please create a new pos

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 263 Replies 263
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having almost the same issue. PP works fine for a while and then it ramps up all of the 64GB of available RAM and then everything comes to a stand still. I have to shutdown and restart the program. Went back to using 2014 and I have had no problems at all, solid as a rock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DF,

Can we get more info?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the ame issues, performance is terrible, since 2015, done the update also........itË‹s terrrible, on the 2014 it works like a charm, can play the files (F700 h.264 Files) unrendered also, with no probs. Now, it plays a while, then it get more and more slowly and lagging......Got 28 GB RAM for PP........Also, if i start another Programm in Win 8.1 Pro, and switch back to PP, playback wont work anymore.....i have to restart pp......Sorry Adobe, but thee Problem isnË‹t individual, so much people wrote the same issues, and all since 2015 Version.......Fix this or roll back, i have work all day with it........i canË‹t use 2014 anymore, cause the projects are converted to 2015. I contact support in the "chat" also, but the supporter is a technical Low rider, sorry, and answers needs up to 5 days and more.   That is unaccaptable if you need the software to work your daily things.......Hope you understand this. Also in support comes any search for system or setting errors, sorry, but just the blindest will see, that a global problem is inside PP 2015......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem here. Just upgraded to 2015 last week, and today no playback. I've tried the re-install, restart dance all day. still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ericmo,

Can we get more info?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, come on Adobe it's been 4 days now - this is a crucial problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrian,

Same issue here, come on Adobe it's been 4 days now - this is a crucial problem!

Can we get more info?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having similar problems, files that played easily on 2014 seems to get too heavy for 2015.  Problem seems to be worse on files with heavy compression, than files with less compression. For instance my RED 6K files plays better than DSLR-files from Canon 1D with IPB-compression, although the 6K RED files must be somewhat like 20 times bigger pr. second.

Hope Adobe will make a fix for this ASAP, makes my days very loooong...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fotoroll

Having similar problems, files that played easily on 2014 seems to get too heavy for 2015.  Problem seems to be worse on files with heavy compression, than files with less compression. For instance my RED 6K files plays better than DSLR-files from Canon 1D with IPB-compression, although the 6K RED files must be somewhat like 20 times bigger pr. second.

Hope Adobe will make a fix for this ASAP, makes my days very loooong...

Can we get more info?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have about 10 different Macs in our organization, and a couple of us upgraded at once when 2015 was released.  Both machines, with Mavericks, did not play at all. Impossible to work with PP2015. We did everything, had several hours on phone with support.

1: Uninstalling all Adobe apps

2: Removed a lot of stuff manually

3: Upgrading system to Yosemite

4: Doing new uninstalls and installs of Adobe after Yosemite upgrade

... still, not possible to play files, only some stuttering frames from the least compressed files.

(C300 and RED-files did actually play, but not enough to work, while files from Sony-cameras and DSLRs did not play at all)

5: Of course, we expermented with the whole setup, CUDA-versions running without CUDA, changing system prefs, premiere prefs, deleting cache files, and all other advice from Adobe support and other sources.

6: As a last try, we did a clean install of Yosemite on an iMac, formatting the hard-drive, and building everything from the bottom.

This worked, and we are now doing the same procedure on all our macs.

The PP-install on the clean Yosemite is generally more stable (with less crashes) than any of our other macs, but it does still not play as good as the PP2014 on Mavericks. (Have to use one step less quality, 1/8 instead of earlier 1/4 or maybe full in some occasions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded the new version of PP 2015. No playback at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi uketeecee,

Just downloaded the new version of PP 2015. No playback at all.

Can we get more info?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows 8

I have both PP 2014 and PP 2015 installed on the same Windows machine. PP 2014 works fine (I use it every day) whereas PP 2015 will not play videos at all. With PP 2015, when I click the 'Play' button, nothing happens. The video clip does not play.

If I select a video clip and hit 'play' in the source panel, nothing happens. If I drag that same clip to the timeline and hit 'play' in the Program panel, nothing happens.

Effectively PP 2015 is unusable, so I'm using PP 2014 instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playback is frequently freezing for me on an awesome pc that rocked the day before using premiere pro CC 2014. It's ridiculous.

The freeze happens especially when editing clips and the program window shows the start and end frame previews of adjacent clips side by side. Totally hangs for 30 seconds or a minute. And once playback starts again, it can't be stopped for another 30 seconds or minute.

My Memory prefs are set to optimize for performance and have 26GB RAM available for premiere pro.

PC Specs: Intel Xeon CPU E5-2687W 0 @3.10GHz 3.10GHz (2 processors)

32 GB RAM

Win 7 Professional 64-bit, SP1 on a speedy SSD drive

What can I do, or how can I get my old premiere pro back? I need to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried the possible steps in the forum link below. This issue has been reported and will get resolve but till the time check if any of the steps work.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 Audio and Video out-of-sync after upgrading from cc 2014

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several threads that deal with re-installing CC 2014 for those that chose to "override" with the CC 2015 installation.

This blog post may help:

http://blogs.adobe.com/adobecare/2015/06/16/how-to-find-and-install-previous-version-of-adobe-apps-i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME HERE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The freeze happens especially when editing clips and the program window shows the start and end frame previews of adjacent clips side by side. Totally hangs for 30 seconds or a minute. And once playback starts again, it can't be stopped for another 30 seconds or minute.

I had the same problem and I just figured out that when I disable the Multiband Compressor it stops hanging.

Hope that helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain where the Multiband Compressor controls are?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Multiband Compressor is an audio effect you can add to your any of your audio tracks. Pretty sure it's found under amplitude and compression effects.

It's only there if you have chosen to add it as an effect at the top of your audio track controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah,yeah I had the Multiband Compressor on those tracks.   Disabling it helped solve the temporary freezing.   Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what happens to me. I will be trimming an audio clip and the program monitor will display an in frame and out frame with timecode.  It freezes like that for about a minute, then snaps out of it.  It does it about ever few times I trim something on the timeline.  I had to download 2014 again.  2015 is unusable right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jess,

I will be trimming an audio clip and the program monitor will display an in frame and out frame with timecode.  It freezes like that for about a minute, then snaps out of it. 

Choose Timeline Display Settings (Wrench) and disable Composite Preview During Trim

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I installed CC 2015 yesterday and I'm also experiencing the same problem of my timeline not playing back.

I'm on a MacBook Pro 16GB RAM and working with multi-cam sequences. I never had any problems with CC 2014 but need to make a plan asap moving forward.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines