Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback Issues on Premiere Pro CC 2015

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently having major playback issues on Premiere Pro, as in it's not playing back at all. This was working perfectly on the previous version.

I have tried re-installing it, and I have done the Mercury Playback Setting change that I found else where in the forums but I am still having issues, can any one shed a light on this please?

Thanks,

Lewis.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Hello VGA Grayster,

I am currently having major playback issues on Premiere Pro, as in it's not playing back at all. This was working perfectly on the previous version.

EDIT: Please install the Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.1) update. It fixes most playback issues covered in this thread.

If the update does not solve the playback issue you were having on a current project, try a new project and see if playback returns to normal. For any other issues with the update, please create a new pos

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 263 Replies 263
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Turning off Mercury Transmit also gave me smooth playback in 2015.

OSX 10.10.3, NVIDIA QUADRO 4000, KONA LHI

Should I be bugging Kona about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having a frozen playback issue and I'm using the most recent version of Premiere Pro CC 2015 (date of Post is March 6 2016). Your work around fixed the issue. I tried the project settings and changing the mercury render mode and dumping previews but that didn't work. Then saw your fix and  turned off "Mercury Transmit" in preferemces/playback.. Playback working again. Thanks kiwicolin1 (see his post in this thread on page 1: kiwicolin1 Jul 7, 2015 9:07 AM )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello VGA Grayster,

EDIT: Please install the Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.1) update. It fixes most playback issues covered in this thread.

If the update does not solve the playback issue you were having on a current project, try a new project and see if playback returns to normal. For any other issues with the update, please create a new post or open a case with our support agents on the "video queue": Contact Customer Care

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the solutions listed here are not helping:

• Is this a CC 2014 project you updated to CC 2015, and you have no trouble with the same footage in a brand new CC 2015 project?
    • You may have a corrupt CC 2015 project and will likely continue to experience unexpected behavior while editing and exporting.
    • If so, you need to return to Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 via Final Cut Pro XML
    • From your CC 2015 project, choose File > Export > Final Cut Pro XML and open this file in Premiere Pro CC 2014.2
      • If Premiere Pro CC 2014 has been uninstalled, see these instructions to reinstall it.
      • Update the application to the most current version of CC 2014 by choosing Help > Updates
      • Note that only your edits will be preserved. You will have to rebuild elements of the project prior to continuing work. Effects and transitions are not included in this translation.
      • In general editing protocol, it is not recommended to update project files that you are currently working on. See this blog post.
  • Is this a brand new CC 2015 project?
    • Work with our agents. Chat with an agent here.‌
    • Ask for the video queue. They are available M-F 7AM to 7PM PST.
    • Open a case and note the case number.
    • If they cannot assist you, PM me by clicking my name in the upper left corner of this post and click "Message" on my profile page.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when is there a patch coming out for this? It makes Premiere completely useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is absolutely unacceptable that Adobe does not issue a refund for this bug.  How can you release this overhaul and not know about it?

This is costing me time and money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello DellPatrick,

It is absolutely unacceptable that Adobe does not issue a refund for this bug.  How can you release this overhaul and not know about it? This is costing me time and money.

Sorry for your negative experience. I can try and help you with troubleshooting playback issues if you give me more info.
BTW, we have a release planned soon which will address a lot of the issues people are experiencing on this thread.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info like what?  The same info everyone else has given?

Premiere Pro 2015

Yosemite 10.10.3

MacPro Late 2013

--

Brian Nunes

Worldtree Films, LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Thanks for info on the new release.

The new color corrector is incredible and I really want to use it… hopefully soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you issued refunds everytime there was a bug Adobe would be broke, is that the deal?

--

Brian Nunes

Worldtree Films, LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you issued refunds everytime there was a bug Adobe would be broke, is that the deal?

--

Brian Nunes

Brian,

I'm not here to answer questions like that. My role is to help customers and gather issues to find fixes for the team. BTW, I just added a new workaround you can try by resolving a memory leak issue with Sync Settings. I added those troubleshooting steps to the pinned doc.

If there's anything else I can do for you, shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Mac OsX 10.10.4

Macbook Pro mid 2014

2.8ghz i7

16gb 1600MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048mb

This is beyond frustrating.Have several projects that are due by next week and I am stuck like Chuck right now. Tried all of the above solutions short of OS reinstall. Need a solution ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dredlocks,

Same issue. Mac OsX 10.10.4

Macbook Pro mid 2014

2.8ghz i7

16gb 1600MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048mb

This is beyond frustrating. Have several projects that are due by next week and I am stuck like Chuck right now. Tried all of the above solutions short of OS reinstall. Need a solution ASAP.

OK, I have one more potential fix that I need to add to the Mac side related to a memory leak in sync settings. This workaround has helped several customers. That link is here: Re: CC2015 - Out of Memory / Leaking like sieve

I'll add this potential solution to the pinned post.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dredlocks,

Did not work.

Sorry about that. I have a couple of more ideas on this.

• What kind of media are you using?
  • Have you tried trashing preferences?
  • Which workspace are you editing in?
  • Have you tried other settings for the Mercury Playback Engine?
    • Try OpenCL
    • Try Software Only. Note that when in Software Only mode, choose Sequence Settings > and disable "Composite in Linear Color"

Otherwise, perhaps we can get more details on your workflow. Maybe there is a memory leak we have not yet found. I'll check if any new bugs were filed.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2TB Seagate USB 3 scratch disk

Trashed preferences

I use Editing and Assembly workspaces. (I have tried them all)

I have used all playback engines available.

Not round tripping anything to AE, PS, or anything else. Everything was fine in PP 2014. Since the update, works for 10 minutes (if that) and stops.

I have two more days to wait for a solution before I will be forced to use another solution like FCP. At this point, I would use iMovie if I could. This could cost me my job. Beyond frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to issue a formal apology for this and financial compensation at least in the amount of 1-2 months of subscription fees!!!!!!!

It’s ridiculous that we are basically financing BETA testing by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dredlocks,

2TB Seagate USB 3 scratch disk

Trashed preferences

I use Editing and Assembly workspaces. (I have tried them all)

I have used all playback engines available.

Not round tripping anything to AE, PS, or anything else. Everything was fine in PP 2014. Since the update, works for 10 minutes (if that) and stops.

Thanks for your additional information. What kind of media are you using, and which camera did it come from?

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i start a new project, it seems to be working. It seems my issues are linked to the current project I’m working on….

The one i’m being paid to work on.

Reverting to 2014 is not an attractive option since it destroyed the project organization.

Kevin, please give us a timeline on the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brian,

If i start a new project, it seems to be working.  It seems my issues are linked to the current project I’m working on….

The one i’m being paid to work on.

Sorry to hear that. In that case, it sounds like your project is corrupt and will continue to give you problems. I would bite the bullet and begin reorganizing around a CC 2014 project file (via FCP XML) until that project is complete. It's probably your best shot at getting your project done smoothly and reliably.

The past few versions of Premiere Pro have been known to corrupt an updated project, particularly if it is complex. In general, I advise that all editors remain on their existing project file format until a project is complete.

Kevin, please give us a timeline on the update.

I am not allowed to give out precise dates. Sorry. That said, the After Effects team has announced a "July update" in their team blog. Since we are quite predictable, and usually release in tandem, I would say that customers should see an update at some point this month. I hope that helps a little bit.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was not an updated project, but a new project file into which i imported a 2014 project.

Adobe support said this is a known issue (intermittent loss of playback functionality) and should be fixing it soon.

I still want my refund for the month of July….. because #ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was not an updated project, but a new project file into which i imported a 2014 project.

Hi Brian,

So this is CC 2014 from a CC 2015 XML? Or am I misunderstanding?

Adobe support said this is a known issue (intermittent loss of playback functionality) and should be fixing it soon.

Do you remember who you talked to or do you have a case number you can PM me?

I still want my refund for the month of July….. because #ridiculous

I can't promise anything, but I can certainly ask. Again, please PM me.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DV from several cameras. Footage was given to me by clients. Did not log or ingest the video via Prelude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dredlocks,

DV from several cameras. Footage was given to me by clients. Did not log or ingest the video via Prelude.

Thanks for the info. Can you try other footage and see how it functions in your project?

By the way, is this a new CC 2015 project or one you updated from CC 2014?

If it's an updated project, can you try your footage in a new project?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: this seems to be instigated by playing back a multi-cam sequence in the source monitor. Functionality will randomly return after attempting several different clips and then continue functioning until i try to playback the same multi-cam sequence again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  this seems to be instigated by playing back a multi-cam sequence in the source monitor.  Functionality will randomly return after attempting several different clips and then continue functioning until i try to playback the same multi-cam sequence again.

Thanks for the added info on this Brian.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines