Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback Issues on Premiere Pro CC 2015

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently having major playback issues on Premiere Pro, as in it's not playing back at all. This was working perfectly on the previous version.

I have tried re-installing it, and I have done the Mercury Playback Setting change that I found else where in the forums but I am still having issues, can any one shed a light on this please?

Thanks,

Lewis.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Hello VGA Grayster,

I am currently having major playback issues on Premiere Pro, as in it's not playing back at all. This was working perfectly on the previous version.

EDIT: Please install the Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.1) update. It fixes most playback issues covered in this thread.

If the update does not solve the playback issue you were having on a current project, try a new project and see if playback returns to normal. For any other issues with the update, please create a new pos

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 263 Replies 263
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we are crossing lines on the term "playback".

Myself and some others were seeing "Premiere Pro" just sit there with nothing moving / happening irrespective of mouse click or spacebar tap - which I termed "no playback".

Yes, the focus of this thread is the "no playback" issue. It would be best to remain on topic.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything else you need to know, Adobe, to fix this bug?

You probably aren't aware of this, so it's OK.

Just so you and others on this thread understand, any call out to "Adobe" in the forums may not be responded to as this is primarily a user to user forum. We don't have the resources to monitor every post. Sorry. In order to "fix this bug," it would be best to file it here with specific reproducible steps.

If you need to address "Adobe" directly, you can contact support here.

If you need to get my personal attention, please send me a PM.

That said, I'll try and take a closer look at your playback problems.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what you are saying Kevin, is that you represent Adobe (Adobe staff it sais), but you are not able to notice Adobe about great amounts of user on this forum, having the same problem, giving a lot of important information...

Well, I've sendt them the URL for this thread on the Bug Report right now, and I hope that somebody takes this seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what you are saying Kevin, is that you represent Adobe (Adobe staff it sais), but you are not able to notice Adobe about great amounts of user on this forum, having the same problem, giving a lot of important information...

Well, I've sendt them the URL for this thread on the Bug Report right now, and I hope that somebody takes this seriously.

I sent you a PM. Please stay on topic.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolf-Ørjan Høgset wrote:

Right now, I have a black program monitor, no video on playback. But, the sound plays.

Checked the memory usage in activity monitor, and it shows only 50% of my 32 GB ram used. Tried to quit the QT32 server, but no effect on playback.  Source monitor is also black, but plays sound.

iMac Intel Core i7

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB

Yosemite 10.10.3

Clean install of OS and Adobe

Anything else you need to know, Adobe, to fix this bug?

I would recommend that you create a new post with this issue. It doesn't seem directly related to the "no playback" issue, which I feel are primarily issues with memory leaks. Much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, my projects are not able to play in CC 2015. I have tried all recommendations. It will play for a few moments, then when I go into another sequence, then come back to the one I'm working on it is frozen. You can scrub, but the spacebar does not activate play, on any of my sequences. I have tried making a fresh project, only to have the same result. I have tried resetting the preferences, I have tried all suggestions. Please help, as I too have clients and I am on the clock. I have Premiere 2014 up and running, as I have had to start fresh there. It works great! I wish I could say the same for the latest version. Please help! Thanks!

My computer is:
Mac Pro (2015)

OSX Yosemite

3.7GHZ Quad Core

Memory 64GB DDR

Graphics AMD FirePro D300

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I join with others in reporting that when I try to open a new project in PP 2015, the clips won't play, either as clips by themselves or in the sequence timeline. The space bar doesn't work, nor do the play and pause buttons on the screen. I contacted a tech yesterday who said to detach the logitech camera (my only input device) and set the sample rate to 48000 instead of 44000. That worked, but plugging the logitech camera back in halted the program again. He said this was a known bug and a new version would be released in two to three weeks. Is this true? This bug has made PP 2015 completely inoperable. I've restored PP 2014 from TimeMachine, and it continues to work just fine. It's mind-boggling that you could release a product with such a major bug. You've wasted lots of my time and that of others.  Overall, I'm very happy with Adobe, including the CC subscription plan, but this screw-up of off-scale.

Mac Pro Late 2013

3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

OSX 10.10.4

Logitech camera with iGlasses

Dell UP2715K  monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2013 mac pro 6 core, D500s.

I have experienced similar problems. Chatting with support wasn't helpful - they just told me to contact apple! Anyway after spending a few hours trouble shooting myself I found that deleting all multi-cam sequences solved my playback problem. After that editing was pretty great and got all the way to my final graded and mixed edit without one crash! (Thats never happened before). Then I hit export and had a bunch more issues which kept me up well into the night. I had audio drops and beeping sounds all over my exported mix. So I exported the audio on its own, brought that back into the project and muted my existing tracks. Except some of the tracks wouldn't mute! They started un-muting themselves as soon as I clicked anywhere on the interface. So then I duplicated the sequence, deleted the old tracks and exported again. No more beeps, but a few frames of audio dropped in the middle of the mix (I tried exporting again several times - same drop at the same place). Went back and took a look at the clip - nothing wrong with it at all. It did have a multiband compressor on it - but so did all my other clips which didn't drop out. So my only way to fix (or work around) it was to delete the first few words of the dialogue (which luckily still made sense). After about 10 export attempts I finally had my edit.

I just want to say I'm sick and tired of my experience with adobe. I've had so many issues through my CC subscription (all versions) and have wasted thousands of $ of time trying to fix things or find work arounds. Its not just updating the software or OS that screws things up. Even just downloading a safari plug in can mysteriously turn everything on its head. I've posted on a few other forums and here about this too. I'm venting but also really want Adobe to pay attention to my words. I'm gong to be cancelling my subscription.  I'm also in the process of consulting with an editorial facility about upgrading their facilities (10 workstations) and we were thinking of using premier since the company in question does so much AE work. But this won't be happening now. I don't care how many awesome features are coded into the software, Premier Pro absolutely cannot be counted on to deliver projects on time. Its as simple as that. The issue for me now is that once I've cancelled my subscription I won't be able to open my old projects. I can't believe I was foolish enough to buy into this subscription model and put my trust into Adobe to provide a reliable platform to base my post production needs on. Anyway, its got to a point now where I feel like I just have to cut my losses, export out a ton of XMLS and move on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the issue where my playback window would show two frames and freeze. It went away when I stopped using audio effects like "mastering" and Vocal leveling EQ stuff.

The new issue with 2015 I see is that I added an adjustment layer on top of one of the new Lumetri black and white creative filters. It looks great but when I export it using the 2015 media encoder it turns off the adjustment layer so my videos export in Color! Annoying and the workaround is just to export it straight within Premiere Pro but again this new 2015 stuff will be great when it gets out of beta testing. I am currently editing about 50/50 in 2014 just bc I do like the new coloring software and the morph transition is theoretically a great thing although I havent really figured out how to use it where it helps.

Windows 7

3.4 (8 CPUs) intel core i7-4770

12 gigs of ram

NVidia GeForce GTX 645

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Team,

I'm experiencing similar problems with laggy playback.....
I originally thought it might have been my Lacie 2Big drives being too slow, but then I switched to the 5Big and its still much less responsive compared to CC14's snappy performance.

I'm able to work on my project still although I'm finding problems with:

-Scrubbing through timeline.
-Toggling quickly between Fullscreen Program Monitor.

-Shuttling quickly through footage J K L keys.

-Sending projects to SpeedGrade has resulted in hang up and errors.

I turned off Sync Settings, Moved 9.0 Folder to Deskstop and disabled Mercury Transmit for playback and same laggy playback.

Mac Pro (Late 2013)
OSX Yosemite (10.10.2)
3.5 6 Core

16gb Ram

AMD D700

editing Red Footage in 1080p timeline at 1/4 res off a Lacie 5Big Thunderbolt drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of curiosity, when you say laggy play back, does that include the

program window staying black for sometime, or more like a stuttering play

back. I¹ve experience both. I run a Big 5 as well, but have had no issues

until recently. I moved a significant amount of older files, so at less

than half capacity, it should not be an issue.

I haven¹t yet tried some of the work arounds you mentioned as I was in the

middle of a project, so I didn¹t want to risk creating more problems.

Did you have problems initially with CC2014. I had permissions issues and

corrupt preference issues, but eventually worked them out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah. i think i get some black occasionally, full screen playback goes black or freezes on a frame often.

it feel that premiere needs time to spool up... so i have a few seconds of black before my first shots in my sequence.

if i hit spacebar it'll play back my sequence pretty good as long as i don't stop/start/shutte quickly.

if i start and stop quickly or start scrubbing through the timeline quickly and start on a shot it seems to lag before actually playing back. 10 seconds, 30 seconds, sometimes it just won't play.

also if I'm doing any grading in the color workspace the changes i make to the clips take time to show in the program monitor, they're not instantaneous, which makes it hard to correct the footage!

i don't think i had problems with CC14 it was pretty rock solid, good playback, seamless integration with SpeedGrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feed back. It confirms my suspicions that this is an issue

with the new release. I¹m only editing 1080p, and having the same issues

that you¹re dealing with with 4K.

Not being a tech savvy guy, I¹m really struggling to sort this stuff out. I

was on board with CC almost out of the gate, and have over the past few

years had mostly a positive experience, so these issues in particular are

very frustrating to me.

Good luck with sorting this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to add my voice to the same issue. PP-v. 9 running on Mac Pro 2013 - 64Gig Ram - OS10.10.4

Everything was going fine, then playback went haywire. Stops, starts, video stops and audio continues, etc, etc.

Source and program panels.

BTW this is not an updated project. Newly created in CC2015, and just started assembling clips - not even at color yet.

Very frustrating, as I use Photoshop, daily with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like an audio issue - are you working with multicam clips?

--

Brian Nunes

Worldtree Films, LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again adobe deliver a not complete software that can make a LOT of trouble to customers.

Like a lot of people, i have this problem too, that is still NOT fix. It's totally not acceptable

chat support is useless, forum support is so sloooooooooow... so what ? So i finish that i'm doing now and wont start new project on adobe cc2015 until they will make something work (so we can wait a full year, maybe more)

cant wait to replace all that CC2015 buggy sh*t by davinci 12 new nle functions.

windows 7 64 -  intel i7 3770k - 32Go DDR3  - sysstem on ssd, caches on ssd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier pro CC 2015 playback freezes. Spacebar doesn't response always. Audio drop-outs. Warning message - A low-level exception occurred in:ImporterMPEG (Importer). I download the update. No difference.

Mac OS X 10.9.5 Maverick  3,4Ghz intel Core i7

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 M

AJA T-Tap

MEDIA STORAGE: external drive G Raid and backup G Drive

Going back to Premier pro CC 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kubrick14‌ What are your sequence settings for your project in CC2015?  Adobe mirrored my monitor and the tech support rep changed my preview settings and playback has been smooth since however there are still the audio issues but they stated the update should be coming in a few weeks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take that back kubrick14‌ after several hours of editing Premiere Pro CC 2015 wants to freeze up and lag on playback once again with some type of flickering going on in the timeline of the Thumbnails from the clips.  I think Adobe should refund its customers monthly payments until they get this program fixed and operational. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Digital Wave,

I take that back kubrick14 after several hours of editing Premiere Pro CC 2015 wants to freeze up and lag on playback once again with some type of flickering going on in the timeline of the Thumbnails from the clips.  I think Adobe should refund its customers monthly payments until they get this program fixed and operational.

Have you tried the update for Premiere Pro CC 2015 released on Monday? If not, you may want to test it out and see if it's working OK for you. If so, please let me know by sending me a PM and I will get you the help you need.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kubrick,

Premier pro CC 2015 playback freezes. Spacebar doesn't response always. Audio drop-outs. Warning message - A low-level exception occurred in:ImporterMPEG (Importer). I download the update. No difference.

Sorry the update is not working for you. Did you try a new project in your test? Any other info you can share? FAQ: What information should I provide when ask... | Adobe Community

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like many other professionals out there our projects are suddenly on hold because we trusted Adobe to give us a functional upgrade in 2015. Now we are trying to downgrade just to be able to finish our work. Thanks Adobe!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many other professionals know not to start projects on unproven software, and to stay on software that is known to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim

You are correct, I fell for the hype and assumed that Adobe would release something that is "known to work" possibly even better as their evangelist, blogs, indicate. Your right, my fault, not Adobe's.

My station that is working on the older, non CC, version is flawless, stable, and not incurring a monthly subscription cost.

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H,

If it makes you feel any better (It probably won't.), very few x.0 releases of NLE by any developer have been without serious problems.  I worked for Avid in their early days, and for years thereafter I cut on MC exclusively.  I learned early in the game to let the non-professionals with time to kill and without a livelihood on the line to discover all the shortcomings in new version releases.  We adopted the practice of asking them "Is it safe?" before committing to an upgrade.  Fortunately for Adobe users, we can install different versions that will coexist on the same system.  You can't do that with Avid (or you couldn't back then.), due to the way that resources got installed.

"The pioneers get the arrows.  The settlers get the land."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines