• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playhead Position - how to switch it back to time?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to switch the Playhead Position counter back to an indication of the length of time on the edit track?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the playhead position.

playhead position.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brill, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not working for me. I only get 'Frames' as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a very low framerate in your sequence you will only get frames and not timecode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this won't be super helpful, as I am at work and away from Premiere Pro, but I found a way to switch it back to time. There is a menu option somewhere that does it. I don't remember where but I think it was on the main menu at the top of the window, and I don't remember what the menu option was called, but it is definitely possible.

Just keep hunting through the menus. It's there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the hint! Just right-click on the Timeline ruler and deselect 'Show Audio Time Units' - this changes cursor key behaviour back to frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playhead-Position.jpg

Do it like this. Right click on the Sequence tab and unselect "Show audio time unit". Did you solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Genius!!!! Worked for me too.  Very Grateful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Main Menu > Sequence > Sequence Settings >Display format > 29.97 FPS with drop frame or not as you like.
- if at Display format you just find "Frames" .. Make timebase "at the top of the current menu" > 60fps If it, not 60, Then back it. == You will find 29.97 FPS with drop frame or not options appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines