• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor playback and export quality with game streams

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate explaining things, because I suck at explaining, however I’m going to try to anyway.

In order for me to explain this as accurately as possible, I need anyone who reads this to imagine being in my shoes as I describe this.

So I just finished recording a Minecraft video, and I gohave some lunch THEN I begin editing my video, I locate my newly recorded video, and i Watch it once to endure the video is all there with nothing missinG, I see the whole video and not one frame is missed, every frame is accounted for, so i drag and drop it into the Adobe Premier Pro Media Browser, i drag it on to the timeline to begin editing, hold up something has happened, i havent even made my first cut and the video looks jumpy and fragmented, ok, no problem i’ll just restart Premier, nope, that didnt fix the issue, maybe i’ll restart my PC, again, same problem persists, i check my video file again, it’s perfectly fine so it has to do with premier, not the video I recorded, i check my settings, the settings are stock because I can’t be bothered tweaking it to make things MUCH easier for me, why because there is too much to tweak, not to mention 90% of the things that I can tweak, I don’t understand what it does or how it helps me, so i ignore those tweakable settings, and research how to render whats on my timeline, surprise this SORT of fixes the issue, its still jumpy but not nearly as bad as it was.

I edit the video and are happy with all the cuts, now to add music, sound effects, gifs, etc where I feel they are most appropriate. After editing the video, i add my intro, watch the edited video, trying to ignore when it “jumps”(that isnt a jump cut that I did), I render it to1440p60fps with all the best quality settings possible, i allow it to render, after it renders, i watch it, and it looks horrible, the entire video is full of corruption, pixelation, video tearing, static, etc.

At this point I am furiously angry and yelling at the top of my lungs “Why can’t everything simply just work as intended and not once have any problems, is that too much to ask?”, after that I decide to go for a walk, grab my house keys, phone, headhones, slam the door behind me, lock it, plug myself in and go for a long walk to clear my head.

so you see the clear problem, editing isnt easy, and I want it to be easy, but Priemier is basically like “If you want a easy edit, you gotta tweak your settings”, to which I say “OVER MY DEAD BODY”, I want Great results from stock.

So how do I stop premire from making my footage jumpy during editing, AND how to i make it so the rendered video isnt a corrupted mess.

Moderator note: Changed title to reflect content.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

DGam3r,

Sorry for the frustration!

If you want a easy edit, you gotta tweak your settings”, to which I say “OVER MY DEAD BODY”, I want Great results from stock

Well, if stock means that you are working with gameplay from streaming files with variable frame rates, then you might have a little trouble. You might try ripping the footage in HandBrake to get a constant frame rate for your footage so that it's not jumpy. Premiere Pro works better with pro camera formats rather than game streams to .mp4.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DGam3r,

Sorry for the frustration!

If you want a easy edit, you gotta tweak your settings”, to which I say “OVER MY DEAD BODY”, I want Great results from stock

Well, if stock means that you are working with gameplay from streaming files with variable frame rates, then you might have a little trouble. You might try ripping the footage in HandBrake to get a constant frame rate for your footage so that it's not jumpy. Premiere Pro works better with pro camera formats rather than game streams to .mp4. They are both very different kinds of video. One is easy for Premiere Pro to handle, the other? Not so much.

For the poor quality encodes, it might be due to Hardware Acceleration which gives faster encodes but is subject to errors like you've described. Turning off Hardware acceleration might improve the quality, so you may want to try that.

Let us know if you need assistance with HandBrake or with disabling Hardware Acceleration (it's in Preferences).

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought one uses Handbrake AFTER the edited video is edited to reduce its file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handbrake is heavily used for converting VFR into CFR prior to import into Premiere. Has been for years. I've used it a bunch myself.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use DXTory to record my videos to an .AVI file(Which is the file type I use because that allows me to extract the 3 audio tracks I have defined, Game Audio, Microphone Audio, Discord Audio)(Oh and yes I do use Voicemeter, and I won’t lie I hate it because setting everything up so I can have high Quality Recordings is a Litteral headache like after setting it up, i have to take litteraly 2 headache pills and go lie down for a while)

I use OBS Studio to Livestream at 720p60fps at a  constant bitrate of 6000kbps using x264(I WANT to use x265)and when I download the livestream from Twitch it is a .mp4 file(Because OBS Studio won’t let me record to .AVI, not to mention my poor 6 core Ryzen 5 1600 cannot Record, Encode a Livestream and Play a game all at the same time)(I play my games at 1440p144hz with almost EVERY setting capped(Anti-Aliasing, Anistrophic Filtering, Motion Blur and Ambient Occlusion I usually try to have off or at the lowest setting possible, I also refuse to lower my settings simply because my hardware can’t keep up, like me in real life, I am not slowing down my walking speed, rather everyone else needs to speed up)

I generally use Handbrake MOSTLY to reduce the final videos file size, Did’nt think I needed to use it BEFORE doing any Editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it comes to Handbrake, like Premier the only setting/s i touch are the ones i use to reduce the file size, Is there more in Handbrake I should be doing both before editing and after rendering??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Handbrake, set the CFR button to on, AND set a specific numeric value in the framerate box, as if you don't do both, you still get VFR output.

And by specific numeric value, I mean a straight number. If you use "same as original" options you get original VFR. Set say 29.97, you ge CFR at that fps.

For this, so it doesn't compress the information further, I also set compression settings to near placebo.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried disabling hardware acceleration, the results were not that different, but im converting a video to .mp4 to see if it turned out to be the file type i was using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And converting my .AVI file to .MP4 made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines