• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possibility to import keyboard shortcuts

Participant ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like many pro user, I'm used to work at home with all my habits but sometimes I need to edit in many different companies. It would be great to import the keyboard shortcuts from a computer to another. For now I have to manually copy the XXXX.kys file on the right folder.
Don't think It would be difficult to code this.

Thanks.

noar

TOPICS
Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xxxx.kys are part of the Sync Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know thanks. The point is that most of the companies don't want freelances editor to unsync their account and replace with their own.

And as a freelance editor I don't want to use my at be account away from my personal office.

So we just need to import our keyboard shorcuts. No more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest you make a feature request...  https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-migration-of-uservoice-to-support-commun...

But gotta say, it doesn't take much effort to manually drag the file to the correct location...   Adding features to a complex piece of software can cause unintended and unpredictable issues...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I better understand the philosophy at Adobe and their users on this forum. I've been a monitor for more than 20 years and if I ask this question it's precisely because I'm tired of doing regular manual manipulations (even simple ones) that could be automated or more user friendly.
I doubt being the only user having such issues.
And I have to say that if adding a piece of code for such an insignificant function endangers Premiere Pro, the coding team should be serious about the quality of their work.
But thanks for taking time to answer Michael !

noar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I've got you beat in terms of years of experience by at least double yours and having worked extensively in Avid, FCP 1-7, Premiere and DaVinci Resolve and have seen that ANY changes can cause unintended issues.     

I've got my keyboard shortcut file (.kys) on dropbox and if I'm working on a client's system, I simply download it and then copy the file to the appropriate location.   

That said, file a feature request as I suggested.  It's something of a democracy here so people have the opportunity to "upvote" the request which will help the developers see if it's an important request...   If you do so, post the link to the feature request to this thread so anyone seeing this thread and agreeing with you have the opportunity to increase the likelihood that it will be addressed in an update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it would be easier just to import the entire kys file than a few loose kbsc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only have 21 years....

Please write a feature request if you want users to upvote your idea.

FAQ: How Do I File a Bug Report or Write a Feature... - Adobe Support Community - 13362039

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines