• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP 2017 Blocked From Accessing Graphics Hardware?

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error only came up once, but never the less, it could be the issue. Every time I scrub through the timeline in PP 2017 my PC either locks up completely (the software doesn't freeze, the entire PC locks up) or my PC just automatically crashes and restarts straight away. It happens with both constant and variable framerate clips, which are mp4's, and also happens when both "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA)" and "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" settings are enabled.

I have the latest drivers for my GTX 1070 and I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit which is also updated completely. One time, it took my PC a particularily long time to crash and restart and thats when the notification popped up in the bottom right. Usually the timeline freezes on the last frame it was displaying in the playback but the audio keeps going, then after that, the whole PC freezes.

Thank You.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen in a new project, with only constant-frame-rate clips?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for your reply

I've tried using variable framerate clips and constant framerate clips, and both crash. It doesn't seem matter if If I start a new project or not, I opened an old one and also started a new one after the older one crashed, and that crashed also. I just updated my GPU's BIOS also, and no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point I would suggest using the Adobe CC Cleaner tool to remove perhaps all Adobe from your machine, re-boot, download a fresh copy of the CC Desktop app, sign in, and from that re-install all your programs.

You might get by with just removing PrPro ... so I suppose, start with that.

Further ... I HIGHLY recommend you use the CC Cleaner Tool to do all the uninstall & cleanup. The instructions say to use the OS/System uninstall utility and then use the CC Cleaner  to do the cleanup of the associated files that the Adobe products put in various places around your machine. It's those supplemental files that an OS uninstaller cannot "see" to remove.

However ... a goodly share of the time after you've run the OS uninstall, the Cleaner tool doesn't see anything of that program left to clean up ... even though the bits & pieces are still there. And further, even if it does ... the only way I've found for this to always work for the issues it does fix, is to sign out of the CC Desktop app, open the CC Cleaner tool, use it to uninstall the program/s needing removal, re-boot, sign back in, and download fresh programs.

If that doesn't work for just removing PrPro, you can go to removing the Desktop app and any of the video/audio apps, like AfterEffects, SpeedGrade, Prelude, Audition you may have ... and then re-install. If you're like me and have a couple different older versions also loaded, it's a pain however it doesn't take too long. Copy your Preferences folders and you can keep those. Mostly.

Not guaranteed to fix your issues, but it may fix this sort of thing. And if it does work, is much faster than anything else.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I decided to go with your option, I installed a Premiere Pro update, and then selected "Use The Advanced 3D Image Settings" in Nvidia Control Panel rather than having it selected on "Let the Application decide", and it worked only for a little bit. I was editing clips fine and everything, and decided to keep working on my project tomorrow. Tomorrow has come, and the issue happened again. I'm going to try your method of reinstillation now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, and it didn't work at all If one were honest, would you say I'm truly screwed at this point and there's nothing I can do to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you the crosspost that said opening photoshop first then premiere, enabled premiere to use your gfx card as it "initialized it"?

is geforce experience installed?

is nvidia control panel setup to use premiere.exe for primary GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't remember crossposting anything. Geforce experience is installed and updated. How do you setup nvidia control panel to use premiere.exe for primary GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NVIDIA Control Panel - 3D Settings - Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings tab, choose premiere.exe from the Select a program to customize pull menu (use add button if it's not in the list). Choose 1070GTX GPU from the list .

if that doesn't work, try Not overclocking your card,(it might be overheating) or disable onboard intel card in bios.

you should also try a burn-in test program that hardware stresses your whole computer for failing memory, bad cpu, bad gpu etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines