Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP export causes AME to open but nothing appears in the queue

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

Both my PP and AME have updated from 2018 to 2019 in the last week (having upgraded from Premiere CS5 this Summer).

Exporting projects to AME has been working fine yesterday.

However, while encoding a queue overnight, AME mysteriously, without me changing any settings, took 6 hours to encode a 4 minute video.

And just today, when exporting from PP, AME opens but nothing appears in the queue.

Apologies if I'm missing something basic, but I've never come across this problem in many years!

Any help, very gratefully received!

Just in case it helps:

PP CC 2019: Version 13.0 (Build 225)

AME CC 2019: Version 13.0 (Build 203)

Very many thanks for your time in reading this and in advance for any help.

Have a good day!

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi danielc60550995,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. We will need more info to troubleshoot the issue better. Please provide your system specifications like OS, CPU, GPU and RAM. Also, is the issue occurring with any specific Premiere Pro project or sequence when being queued to Adobe Media Encoder or is it happening with all the projects/sequences?

Thanks

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Sumeet.

I'm using Windows 10 Home 64bit (10.0, Build 17134)

Dell XPS8900 BIOS 2.4.0

Processor Intel Core i7-6700 CPU 3.40GHz (8CPUs) 3.4GHz

RAM 32768MB

GPU GeForce GTX745 (Driver 388.43)

I've tried a few sequences from a couple of projects and it's not working with any of them.

I hope that's helpful.

Many thanks for your help.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi danielc60550995,

Thanks for the information. In Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder please check if the renderer is set to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration.

FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

Using GPU accelerated renderer should help in getting better rendering performance. Also, you may update the NVIDIA drivers for your GPU to the latest build which is 416.34.

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

If the queue functionality between Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder is not working properly, then please try reset app preferences and settings and check if it's helping.

• For Premiere Pro, please follow the steps mentioned here :FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?
  • For Adobe Media Encoder, please go to Documents\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder and rename the folder named 13.0 to old13.0. (This will make Adobe Media Encoder use the default settings when you launch it next time)

Once done, then check if the queue functionality is working properly between Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder.

Hope you find it useful, let us know if you have any questions.

Regards

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very many thanks Sumeet for your very helpful assistance.

I have tried what you suggested and I think it was the renaming the "13.0" folder as "old13.0" that put everything right.

Very grateful to you!

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines