• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premeire Becomes unresponsive whenever Titler is opened.

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this afternoon, every time I open up the titler, Adobe begins to hang and becomes unresponsive, forcing me to restart the program. It's a constant rinse and repeat cycle with no end in sight. No System restores or restarts work. I'm not sure why this is happening, but it should be a local issue. My Laptop is not having the same issues with the Titler so far and it runs the most recent version of Premiere CC. I don't know why. I'm still in the process of migrating all the files for the project, but the titler works fine on the laptop. I have been having some separate hardware issues with my power supply which I was going to get fixed tomorrow, but I don't see how it is connected. This is the first real issue I've ever had on this machine (it's 4 years old now). I had a deadline for tomorrow but I doubt I can finish it now. I have both CC 2015.5 which I use most often, and the most current one. The same exact issue occurs on both versions on the Vid Rig which i find very strange. Any Ideas as to what it may be? I also noticed out of the blue that whenever I switch from the current audio layout to editing layout in 2015.4, the entire GUI disappears except the file, edit, buttons, etc.

Vid Rig Specs:

CPU i7 4930K @ 4.5 GHz

Motherboard: Rampage IV Extreme

Ram: 32GB

Video Card: GTX 780ti OC

PSU: Seasonic 1050w Gold

HDD: Samsung Evo 500GB

Other Hard drives amount to 7TBs in total, Unraided

Windows 7. 64 bit

Laptop Specs:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s),

1 TB SSD PCI

32GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 1050

Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces.

If that doesn’t work,try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried all of those things to no avail sadly. I was on the phone with Teir 1 support and they couldn't figure it out either. Currently waiting for tier 2 to give me a call back, but that can take up to two days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fellow72-  Sorry to hear that. Is this with the Legacy Titler Tool that it is causing a freeze or when you use the new Type tool with the Essential Graphics Panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's the Legacy Titler Tool that is the primarily the cause for the freezing. I have a ton of client projects that made heavy use of the legacy titler tool, which is why I still use 2015.4. The New Type tool works fine though, so I'll probably just start using it regularly from now on. It just sucks since I'll have to remake a ton of titles, lower thirds, etc. due to this problem now. I can work around this in time for my deadline for next week, this week was nearly a lost cause though but I came up with a workaround for now. Sucks to know that I'll always have to avoid the Legacy Titler so that Premiere doesn't freeze.

I'm going to try fixing my hardware issues this week, and might clean install the OS to Win10. I personally think that should do it since this is clearly an isolated issue, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arg, yeah that really is a bummer you have to re-create graphics. I hope it gets fixed soon for you too! I also hope additional styles and features are added to the Essential Graphics Panel that were originally in the Legacy Titler (e.g. adding shadows to clip layers etc). I really do like the layering of assets in the panel though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fellow72  wrote

I'm going to try fixing my hardware issues this week, and might clean install the OS to Win10.

I think that's a good idea.  I was surprised how much better Premiere Pro 12.0.1 runs on Windows 10 compared to Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fellow72,

Are you still experiencing this issue or have you solved it? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the issue. I installed windows 10, fixed and isolated all hardware problems and nothing changed. I have two options now, completely wipe everything premiere related, registry included. (Regular reinstalls don’t work.) Or a complete OS wipe and install. Based on all the trouble shooting I’ve done, the latter seems excessive. I’ve fixed all my hardware issues, and done everything else I could think of. I don’t see how wiping everything premeire related won’t work, and I would be pretty annoyed if i have to wipe absolutely everything on the OS ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fellow,

Can you try it again on the version released today? Let us know if it is still giving you trouble.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines