• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier pro cc 2019 Media clip pending / .pek .cfa issue

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the first import ( where everything works fast and smooth )  closing and reopening the project file cause premiere to media loading freeze like in the following picture.

Files are .MTS AVCHD  from a Sony FS700. I hadn't this issue with Premie Pro cc2018 12.1 ( started with 12.1.2 and newer versions )

-- TEMP FIX --
Deleteing all .pek and .cfa files solve the issue

-----------------

My PC Specs:

-------------------
Windows 10 Pro
Asus GTX 1080ti
Intel i7-8700K
Mother board Asus z730a with onboard realtek audio card and intel graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are project and media stored.

How much ram?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media are stored on a Samsung PRO 256gb SSD, I both tried to store cached files in the same project SDD and different one, nothing changed.
Ram is 32GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When deleting the pk and cfa files, did you also delete your media cache folders?

If not, that's worth trying.

Please keep us posted so we can continue to assist.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did once, but after reproducing the behavior several times I've noticed that what really causes the problem are the pek and cfa files.

On each project reload, randomly Premiere can't load some clips (not always the same) showing a media pending screen on mouse over. From there on media playback stop working in any other workspace panel ( sequence, monitor and project)  and premiere need to be shutted down from tasks manager.

I've also created e a new project with less media of the same type and seems it solve the issue.

The original  project causing the issue has 380 clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines