• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro Empty Timeline when opening save project.

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premier Pro cc 2018. I am editing a wedding video for a client, and was making good headway. Saved and closed. When I re-opened the save file, all the media is present but the timeline appears to be empty. I have tried several solutions I have seen in the forums as this seems to be a known issue. I tried "Workspaces -> reset to saved layout". This did nothing. I tried doing that several more times to no effect. I also tried searching for "sequence" in the media. I had several nested sequences and so they popped up, but at the top of my media was a file titled "All Metadata:Sequence". When I double click the file, it shows med the media from my previous edit (ie, the exact clips I used). If I drag it into the timeline, the media comes into the timeline but its a complete mess. Its out of order, and it is missing files from other tracks (the music, and a cinematic crop I had over the top of the media). How do I resolve this?? Please help!!

screenshots attached for reference.

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 10.37.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 10.39.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 10.39.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 10.41.53 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

You must open your main Sequence with a double click. Find in the Project panel for one that has an icon like the one I show you in my screenshot and double click on it. If you do not have it, maybe you accidentally deleted it and maybe you should go back in time from Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save.

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-02 a la(s) 11.14.43 a. m..png

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're top images have no open sequences.  Double-click on one from a bin.

You're bottom image shows a nested sequence.

Premiere Pro is complex software.  Don't skip reading the full manual.

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere_pro_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must open your main Sequence with a double click. Find in the Project panel for one that has an icon like the one I show you in my screenshot and double click on it. If you do not have it, maybe you accidentally deleted it and maybe you should go back in time from Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save.

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-02 a la(s) 11.14.43 a. m..png

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ byroncortezhUseful, simple answer. Accelerated my learning... Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my life Byron.I thought I had lost everything. You are my premiere angel. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much ❤

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You.... saved me so much time... I'm glad that I sceptically did try to search up for this issue and found you... Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats Great ,I was Facing this Issue and You saved a lot of Time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines