• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro Export extremely slow - not utilizing CPU

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a number of 360 videos and getting extremely slow export time ~20-second clip is taking 2.5 hours to export. Up until recently, this was taking 1/10th of the time to export the same videos. 

Source footage is 7680x3840 and I'm scaling down to 5120x2560. The clips are all dynamic linked to After Effects to remove the tripod from the video. I understand both of these processes increase the load on my system but these times seem ridiculous. 

CPU and GPU usage is low. CPU is sitting on an average of 10% and the GPU around 5%. 

My computer specs are 

i7 8700k @ 3.7GHZ

GTX 1080 Ti

Corsair 32GB DDR4 2400MHz

Samsung M.2 SSD 512GB 

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple bits of suggestions with this new forum layout ... use ONLY the blue Reply button of the top post, as replying using the gray Reply at the end of each reply 1) gets only a one-line window to reply in, and a carriage-return/enter-key tap 'sends' it and 2) it nests that reply and any others to it. Very hard to read through.

Second, post images by drag/dropping onto your reply box, they'll "land" where the cursor was before you dropped them. Linking images means "we" have to download the image to view it, it's not show in your reply.

From looking at your specs and your screen grab, you've got a couple things going on here. First, note how you've got two drives at or above 80% use? That means there's nearly all the media moving across the system it can handle. Second ... your RAM is running quite high.

Between the RAM and in/out resources being used, that rig is pretty much running as fast as it can.

You do say the exact same thing was exporting faster until recently ... that's interesting, of course.

My first suggestion with Ae comps is that it is most often wiser to complete the comp then export a full digital intermediate file out of Ae, something of high intraframe quality, and replace the comp in Premiere with the DI file. Then export from Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, 

Thanks for your reply. I'll try exporting out of After Effects first rather than using Dynamic Link to see how that goes. Wouldn't this result in more artifacts due to being compressed twice? 

Also, do you have any idea why my HDD would have such high usage? Upon further investigation, it looks like it's reading not writing even though the After Effects project file is on my SSD. 

Capture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's got enough complexity to the comp that there's a lot stored on disc to access is ny guess. Ae can be a complicated bugger.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines