• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro Freezes When Opening Project

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open a specific few projects on premier pro my entire computer freezes, forcing me to shut it down completely. I have a brand new laptop & freshly installed adobe programs. I've tried uninstalling premiere and re downloading as well. Not sure what to do, don't want to lose all the editing progress for the projects!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and your sequence settings.  Even if you have a brand new laptop, if it doesn't meet minimum specs, you're going to have issues

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply,

Mac OS Version 10.15.4 (19E287)

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Processor: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Latest update of premier pro (updated this evening October 24)

I can't view my sequence settings for the project cause it freezes when I try to open it. Where am I able to find source properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

control click (the same as right clicking) on a clip in the bin or in the timeline and choose...   wait for it...  properties.  don't mean to be snarky (well maybe a little) but these contextual menus are very useful...  minimum specs say you need 2 gigs of ram on your graphics card...  and I don't see your graphics card listed on the minimum specs.  these things don't mean that you're laptop can't run premiere, just that you may be pushing the envelope.  You might try installing premiere 2019 and see if things work any better.  For the most part, updates create greater system requirements.  that said, I've got a 2012 macbookpro and premiere 2020 works ok on it with a few issues I'm able to workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, when the premier pro app is open my screen starts to have glitch spots (for lack of better term)every where like in this screenshot of a white background: â€ƒ

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 11.45.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are they coming off the internal hard drive? Or an external one? A NAS? (make sure your projects are running of a local drive unless you have a high bandwidth network connection (and for that Mac you need a thunderbolt adapter, 1GBe won't cut it). Have you tried launching Premiere Pro disabling poreferences (hold down option key when launching). If so trash your prefs. User settings are pretty common for holding up PP from one version to the next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines