Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2018 Crash

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Support Team

Since I updated Premiere to the latest version it has become basically unusable for me! When I import clips - premiere crashes. When I copy-paste sequences - premiere crashes. I tried restarting my computer, even tried de-installing and re-installing premiere - nothing worked.

Please fix this as soon as possible.

Thanks

PS: I run premiere on a Windows with a GTX 1070 and a i7-7700

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MatthiasKp,

I am sorry that you are not able to use Premiere Pro v12 on your Windows machine.

• What is the exact version of your Windows OS?
  • Please check if you have any update available for the video drivers.
  • Do a clean boot of your windows machine and check the performance.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet

- I'm running Windows 10 pro

- I updated my graphics driver

and I tried premiere 2018 during a clean boot but the behaviour is exactly the same...

I downgraded to 2017 and that one still works.

Thanks,

Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really sad to see so many people having problems with the latest version of Premiere Pro (and I'm so glad I've not updated any of my software from CC2017). It's just not good enough Adobe putting out products too early. Personally I just want to see rock-solid updates when they come out, and less frequently. It's expensive software, and it's very poor that we as customers seem to be testing their updates for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try some troubleshooting, see if anything helps.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Premiere since version 1.0. Upgrading to PP2018 was a huge mistake and is a huge mess. If I'm paying $30 a month, I expect that my Windows 10 computer won't crash the first time I try to make an edit. I get a full blue-screen error, reboot crash. Reinstall 2017 after a using your CC cleaner? PP 2017 won't even open for me know! I have replaced every component, tested everything, and these blue-screens only happen when editing with Adobe Premiere Pro 2018. Adobe needs to do something about this fast. Adobe needs to fix these crashes fast or I'll be moving on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 2 cents, Adobe needs real editors to do beta testing, not some tech editing a little you tube video or a video to play on an i phone.

I can't import my music library without crashing Premier. Tech support  got me up and  running but they did not fix the software. Next project, crash, crash crash.

Adobe is adding new features that are causing problems. Real editors use tons of assets and Adobe's little marketing games and licence security programs and other so called update programs are robbing your computers assets. Let adobe sign on to your computer remotely and watch what they do to get you running. You will learn lots. Premier is now creating even more background files they in previous versions. For example for every mp4 file that is imported premier is now creating 4 little config files that they are calling .mp4 files. Where these are saved and how you delete them is an issue.  Going back to 2017 does not necessarily help. I think you have to back to the version of 2017 that was before the last update that occurred previous to 2018 being released.  Since there is no backwards compatibility without major pain and I work in broadcast were there are real deadlines and no excuses I can't test this assumption. Good luck.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I said I replaced and tested everything, I really have a brand new computer rebuilt from the ground up. Fresh install of Windows 10 with all the updates. I've tried using both a SB audio card and only the onboard audio from the motherboard. All the results are the same. My computer runs great until I start Premiere Pro 2018. Within minutes of starting to edit HD files from a Sony Camcorder or mp3 files, my computer crashes to a blue screen (Error message - whea_uncorrectable_error) and reboots. When you have projects that have time restrictions, this is not acceptable. The worst part is that I can't even go back now to 2017. It won't even start the program. I'll be on the phone with them today. I've been with Adobe since the 90's but the lack of response to the number of issues on both the PC and Mac side is telling. Yet they will happily keep taking your money each month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If you see the text “WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR,” it means that a hardware error has occurred."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028662/windows-how-to-fix-wheauncorrectableerror

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except I have replaced everything, including my power supply, so I have built a new computer and the crashes ONLY happen when using Adobe Premiere Pro 2018, not when I use: Nero 2016, Sony Vegas, DaVinci Resolve, Movie Maker, or any other software on my computer, only PP2018. It was crashing BEFORE I replaced the hardware thinking it WAS a hardware issue. The crashes continued after I rebuilt my machine. I leave my machine on 24/7 so if there was something else going on, I would know it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe 2018 is a mess. no reason to replace the hardware because its the 2018 update that has caused this mess.

Everything was working fine for me on 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe won't admit what's going on and come up with a solution, here's the best solution I've found so far, depending upon your motherboard. I don't overclock and this makes you overclock. I've been working with PP2018 for 30 minutes with no crashes after using this advice. I hope it helps someone else.... https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/support-hardware/WHEA-UNCORRECTABLE-ERROR-on-Gigabyte-x299-and-Sky...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant even open Prem 18 to edit clips it just crashes out during the loading screen. The Tech guys at Adobe just took control of my PC for 3 hours deleted my cut my private host info ( Great they have all that ), told me it was AVG - removed that and it still wont open. I've been trying to get this to work for 12 hour now every way i can think of. Also, what is the point of your chat when they don't know how to use a PC or read?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem. this is what i have done so far.

CC adobe cleaner. re install. samething. Import media and premiere crashes. Did this several times and got the same issue.

Re-installed Win 10. Installed adobe cloud. installed adobe premiere pro... SAME PROBLEM!!!! FIX IT!

Premiere Pro is useless now. If i had a physical copy of it i would throw it in bin and set it ablaze

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the crashes experienced occuring when moving or trimming clips on the timeline?

It could help to disable GPU acceleration and close the Metadata window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my HP Spectre X360 15 inch. Premiere 2018 crashes IMMEDIATELY when I drag a file to the timeline or scrub through a clip. Repeatable error every single time. I took the advice of this thread and installed 2017 and voila, no crashes!

Question: will adobe force me to update at some point or can I continue to use Premiere 2017 with my subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution is to disable the intel turbo boost service and disable the intel turbo boost aplication and switch off if there are in bios turbo boost options and put on the manual voltage of the processor (1,2V).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines