• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2024 Ripple Delete Freezes Everything

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue i'm having with Premiere Pro 2024, as I have just updated my software. It seems that ripple deleting has just been absolutely blown out in this version, or at least for my project file. 

I use "Q" and "W" to ripple delete footage. It does this action but the playhead will stay at the last spot it was at for about 10 seconds, my PC fans will roar up, then the playhead goes back to it's expected spot at the cut I made. I have a pretty good system and it's NEVER done this before today and it's becoming an absolute PAIN and quite literally UNUSABLE. It'll work when ripple deleting around 1-3 seconds of footage but then starts lagging when ripple deleting anything over 10 seconds.

And please, don't suggest the "revert back to old version" as a "f i x". Project files cannot be reverted back to older years of Premiere.

PC specifications:
GPU: RTX 3070
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM: 32GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

I tested with the 24.2.1 Mac version and the bug seems to be fixed.  That's good news!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 119 Replies 119
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I haven't tried to update yet but I will and see if that fixes it thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely sluggish here with 20min of footage.
I have a RTX 4090 and i7 12900k and have the footage on SSDs and the the media cache on an NVME drive.
Clicking randomly on the timeline theres on average a 2-3second delay.
Clicking text to edit, 2sec delay.

Everything is slugish I hate it so much. Might be less frustrating to just learn davinci resolve at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. My computer always did this function instantly, now, after Up Date 24, it takes more than 10 seconds for each action. It's very difficult to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know EXACTLY the "correct answer" to fix this. Use Davinci Resolve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up, the team believes this Ripple Delete issue has been addressed in Premiere Pro 24.1. If that is not the case and you still see a delay when Ripple Deleting with 24.1 and 24.2 Beta, please let us know.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the delay is still present in 24.1.1 on macOS Ventura with Intel i7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply! 

When you run into this issue, would it be possible for you to provide a Sample and Spindump? This will help our developers.

How to get a Sample Process or Spindump | macOSAdobehttps://helpx.adobe.com › photoshop › how-to-get...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a screen recording of the delay on Premiere 24.1, with the Sample Process & Spindump files.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/niv0hnee6jc5ero4cuv3r/Premiere-24.1-delay.zip?rlkey=3kroixjgcesrzyq2v...

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still using version 23.2, which is the most recent without this delay.  23.3 and later have the bug on our Mac Intel machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the all the information. I have forwarded this on to the team for investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @Trent Happel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same delay is experienced on the timeline when copying clips, after hitting Cmd-C the beachball appears and have to wait before beeing able to paste clips elsewhere.  The more clips you copy, the longer the delay.

Hope you fix this soon.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it cant be fixed and Adobe is not updating premiere, I've been using the beta version, and it's working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you see this issue with 24.1, but not with the Beta version (eg: 24.2 Beta)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it seem to be working in beta ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be ok in beta 24.2 and 24.3, but sometimes things work in beta but not anymore in the final version, as some features are not fully implemented in the beta versions.  So I will test it again when the final 24.2 version will be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY FIXED THIS !!!!!

Click on the wrench under the timecode,, and then disable both "Show Videos Thumbnails" and "Composite Preview During Trim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested with the 24.2.1 Mac version and the bug seems to be fixed.  That's good news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same, installing version 23.5 hoping for better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines