• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC 2018 crashes on splash screen

Participant ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on cruise ship and have very limited internet access - only when in port and then very poor connections.

Premiere CC 2018 crashes on start up with "Premiere CC 2018 has stopped working" error.  (Was working the day before joining the ship)

Exception log gives the following information:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 12.0.0.224, time stamp: 0x59d4c660

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.15063.674, time stamp: 0x8ac9f9d4

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000007350e

Faulting process ID: 0x3228

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3895a189984f2

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll

Report ID: 4db95b44-5287-444a-b0ec-9da0f1661bdc

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have tried a complete reinstall of the Premier - took well over an hour at an internet cafe!!  But not difference.  I have tried checking for graphic card driver updates - there are none.  I have tried rolling back the graphics driver.  I have tried disabling it.  All have made no difference.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try.  Preferably without out putting the laptop on line as that is not easy to arrange.  (I can check message on my phone or iPad).

I am on ship for 6 weeks and need to edit videos about the trip. I am a guest lecturer.

Message was edited by: Moderator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After my last post on 13th Jan - I was not able to find any port with a reliable enough internet connection to do any downloads or re-installations.  I returned to the UK this morning after 6 weeks at sea unable to use Premiere.  The problem still existed and I have now been able to download an updated version of the product.  Premiere still crashes on start up but now the error message says

"Could not find user documents directory"

A google search shows that I am not the only person with this error but no-one has been able to post a solution.

I am REALLY annoyed about all of this.  I had to change my plans for the training I was delivering on the cruise ship because of this issue.  I could find no method of emailing Adobe for support (on-line chat and telephone conversations are mostly not possible when working on a cruise ship and when they are they are horribly expensive for just a couple of minutes).  I tried messaging an Adobe employee who had been helping someone else on the forums asking them to help or forward my message on to someone who could.  I heard nothing. (Not even a sorry I can't help)  Add to that not one reply to this thread by Adobe.   And for this level of service I am paying over £50 (GBP) per month.  AND I STILL DON'T HAVE A WORKING COPY OF PREMIERE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines