• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC corrupt project files including auto-save

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single premiere cc project file I have including my auto-save prj files will not load. I get the error message "The Project Appears to be Damaged, it can not be opened". This is for all my Premiere CC Projects. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere with no avail. Is there anything I can do in order to salvage these corrupt files and the work/effort associated with them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Sorry to hear that you're having such problems.

One thing worth trying in CC:

1. Create a new project
  2. in Media Browser, go to the old project. When you double-click it, you'll be able to see all the contents--sequences, bins, assets...
  3. try importing your sequences one by one. (I recommend saving after every successful import.)

In this way, you can sometimes access most or all of the edited content in a project that cannot be opened on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem... lost a morning's worth of work, media browser and dynamic link aren't working for me.  All Auto-Saves are corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2015 Jan 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANOTHER WORK AROUND.

I just ran into this same exact problem and this is RIDICULOUS.

Adobe had a similar problem before, but at least the project would open with 5.5.

This is what you have to do, and from what I have read not even the Adobe people here seem to know what to say. (From what I saw so far) This is the best work around that I know.

As soon as you slow down any footage, or use the Warp Stabilizer, etc, you have to render the footage right away by Exporting the Media, and after it is rendered, bring it back into the Project as a new clip. In days gone past, if you trimmed a project and/or copied all of the file of a project, anything that had the speed changed, or reversed, or when using certain plugins, effects, etc, the footage would not make it into the trimmed, and/or copied project properly, but the project would always open and work, unless you Trimmed the Project, and/or copies all of the files.

This was the only time that it was a problem, and I learned the work around at that time, and that was to export the clip right away, and import it back in after it was rendered. (using a Lossless codec, such as Lagareth, and using the best settings)

The technicians at Adobe should be concentrating on getting this problem fixed right away. This is an OUTRAGE!!!

Because of my past experience with Premiere Pro 5.5, I do know that another work around is making a new project and importing the corrupt project in sequence by sequence.

I have seen that solution as a work around,but what is shocking is the Adobe people don't seem to have a clue as to what is going on.

The bottom line is that when you slow or speed any clip, and/or do other things to various clips, use warp stabilizer, etc, it will screw up the program.

That is the bottom line, and this problem needs to be fixed right away!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MtlAls: I'm not sure what the relationship is, if any, between the ComponentFactory error message and the damaged/outdated message. We've investigated a few reports of the ComponentFactory.cpp-69 crash (see, for example, Re: Premiere Pro CC2014 error ComponentFactory.cpp-69). With each of the projects that customers have provided, we were able to get only as far as confirming that the project was corrupt. Until we can get a handle on what's causing the corruption, we have little if any chance to resolve the root problem. So the more information you can provide about the project, the better our odds of nailing it down. In particular, did the project originate in an earlier version of Premiere? Did you import anything from an XML, AAF, EDL, ...? In the interest of keeping threads focused, please post to the thread I linked to above. Also, in case you're able and willing to send your project file, I'm going to send you a private message with my contact info.

Barryjedmonton: Thanks for the great detailed information about the case you isolated and your workaround. I'll investigate. Can you clarify what you mean by "trim the project"? If I had to guess, it would be a reference to the old Project Manager's "Create New Trimmed Project" option, but better to confirm than to presume... Also, exactly which version of Premiere are you running? In case you're on a release prior to 8.1 and are not aware of changes to Project Manager, it's been substantially overhauled. Among the changes, "Create New Trimmed Project" has essentially been replaced by "Consolidate and Transcode," which is much more versatile.

By the way, since an element of your outrage seems to be that "this problem" has been going on for so long, I'Il repeat what I wrote in Post #30 above: a common error message is not evidence of a common root problem. That is, a number of completely different issues could lead to projects failing to open & triggering the "project may damaged or contain outdated elements" error message. A quick search of our bug database turned up two fixes in CC2014.0 for bugs that triggered this error message, and two more are open & slated for attention. My point is merely that the error message can be kind of a red herring; it's a relevant data point, but focusing too much attention on it can obscure more important details. To your credit, while you hammered us for not yet fixing "this problem," you also provided excellent details to guide our investigation. Thanks again for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat.  Every CC file is corrupt, the auto saves are damaged, and even the XML I exported as back up won't open.  I've lost a  week's worth of editing and my edit is due next week.  If I have to start over I am going to tell everyone I know how much trouble CC (and CS6 did this once as well) has been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I have been having the last few days is that when I save the timeline and go back some of the files are corrupted in the timeline and in the project panel.  I have deleted both, and tried to reinsert the original file, but it comes up "green" with good audiio.

It is like the project will not except the original video file again, but I can watch the video in VLC.

I bought CC but I am on a trial basis yet.  It is almost like I can't trust this software.  I might have to build and render in my CS6, and when done import it to CC for closed captioning.

Anybody have a solution for this?  I do not want to get into a situation where I have to build a whole new timeline and import the files one-by-one, then save only to find out it is still doing this. 

I just completed a 8:30 second hunt (40 hours) to send to FTW ranch, and I had to cut out one part about the owner and the perfect ending because they both got corrupted and I could not replace them.  I was really aggravated because I had no time left to redo, and I had to send them the exported video not up to my normal standards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Sorry you are having trouble.

The problem I have been having the last few days is that when I save the timeline and go back some of the files are corrupted in the timeline and in the project panel.

It sounds like you have a different issue than a corrupt project file. Your issue has to do with the media, it seems.

I have deleted both, and tried to reinsert the original file, but it comes up "green" with good audiio.

It is like the project will not except the original video file again, but I can watch the video in VLC.

Which camera did this file originate from? Did you ingest it via the Media Browser or some other way?

I bought CC but I am on a trial basis yet.  It is almost like I can't trust this software.  I might have to build and render in my CS6, and when done import it to CC for closed captioning.

You bought CC but are still on a trial? Sorry, but I don't understand that. Do you mean you bought CS6 but are on a CC trial?

Anybody have a solution for this?  I do not want to get into a situation where I have to build a whole new timeline and import the files one-by-one, then save only to find out it is still doing this.

I think we need a lot more info to help you diagnose the issue. I have no idea about your media, computer, etc. It would be helpful to answer these questions: FAQ: What information should I provide when ask... | Adobe Community

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what model of camera Andrew Garay is using, only that when I drag it in it has 4 audio tracks.  Andrew films for Larry Weishun who has had a show on the Outdoor channel and The Sportsman Channel for years, so I feel pretty sure he is using a camera which should not cause problems with CC since the editors for the show are pretty much required by The Sportsman Channel to use Premier Pro so the show producers can add to the content.

I just drag the file unto the project file like I always have been in CS6.

I bought CC and I am paying the monthly charge to use it, but it still asks me if I want to register or continue using the trial.

I am using a PC based computer with Windows 7, which was built by my computer engineer son with a really beefy graphics card.  I keep my PC clean at all times and continually scan.  I have never had a problem with my PC and CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there -

Sorry to hear you are having problems -- Have you been having this issue all along? Or is this a new problem you have experienced over the past few days?

I work with closed captioning, and if this is the problem, corruption with closed captions, I can look at this when I get more info from you.

If this has to do with a more general issue of projects becoming corrupted over time -- this would be important to determine.

See if you can remove as many variables as possible, to isolate what might be the problem.

Write back with more information -- and I'll investigate.

Regards,

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will think about how to word this properly so you'll understand and get back to you in the morning.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of converting from CS6 to CC since one of my editors is traveling to Africa on a mission trip, plus since we have to do our own closed captioning, and I didn't want to pay $1000.00 for an after market software, I made the jump to the Cloud.  It is not an issue with closed captioning since I haven't started it on this project.  It seems to be an issue which comes in over time, and since this is the first new project I have started in CC I don't have the history to help there.  I built 3/4 of a show for our new season on CS6 and saved a copy which I copied to CC.  On this project I didn't have any problems. 

The raw camera clips on the project in question are in MP4 format, 1920X1080i 29.97 so there shouldn't be a problem with that, so I am at a loss.

I can "save" the timeline all day long with no corruption, but as soon as I was around 75% complete with graphics, transitions, & colorization, it was like it was too much for the software and the corruption started when I rendered.  I noticed when the corruption started on  the render, CC said there was over an hour left on the render.  Normally, it only takes minutes, so I canceled the render which took a while to quit.  I wonder if the corruption started there, and do I work online when rendering, if so could it have been caused by a glitch in the office internet?  On one spot I wanted to put into the timeline which became corrupted, I even deleted the project file, saved, closed, built a new timeline with the clips I wanted to save, saved, and rendered. drug the new clips into the old project file, where they worked after I had inserted them, and saved.  As soon as I rendered the original timeline again, when I played the project, another clip which had never been corrupted, was, and the clips I had inserted had all good audio but no video.  There is always audio on the corrupted clip, but no video.

I don't know what camera the cameraman was using, but when I go into the clip there is we'll say a file I have to go through like 144.1918.01, double click, then 148.1918.01.MP4 shows up along with     148.1918.01.SMI

148.1918.01PPN

148.1918.01.XML

148.1918.01.BIM

Personally, I have not seen this format before, but what I have done after proofing all the clips, I have "renamed" the MP4 clips I want to use to I know what they are when I go to build the show.  I have left the file extension on the end of the clips so there shouldn't be a problem there.  What I have been doing to import the clips into CC project is to just drag them MP$ file into the project file and start there.  I haven't had a problem until these clips.  The cameraman must have his camera set to record (4) audio tracks because when I pull the clip into the timeline, I have 4 separate audio tracks.  I am wondering if I use the media browser the clip will still have 4 audio tracks, but when I tried to use media browser it is not an active feature, unless I am doing it wrong.

Does this help explain my problem?

Dave Gates

Dakota Sportsmen TV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this regularely on a recent project file in the latest Premiere CC 2014.2. I fixed it by deleting all the preview files in the project folder.

Cheers,

Partick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must not be understanding you, because when I try to delete a video clip in the project file I get a message on the screen which says if I do this I will delete the clip in the timeline.

Dave Gates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the preview files you were talking about and deleted 98 gig of files, which should allow my computer to work better.  I updated my CC 2014 and just for grins, I went back into the corrupted timeline and it looks like the corrupted clips have come back.  I am holding my breathe.

I found a thread back to 2013 of people having the same problem all the way to mine.

Dave Gates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a deadline today, to render and deliver the project I've been working on all week. Any guesses as to the condition of my project file and ALL the auto-backup files?

That's right - corrupt and unable to open!

Importing into a new project, via media media browser? Deleting the preview files and try re-open the project file? Take another guess as to how those desperately futile attempts worked out.

I have used NO closed captioning or plug in, in my project other than opacity. This 'feature' appears to go back to 2013... and it still continues to inspire people to reflect on the career choices that led them to rely on software like this.

If I had an employee who sold themselves as Professional, and were this unreliable, I'd fire them without a seconds hesitation.

I would much prefer to spend my time working on my projects than spending time hunting down why Adobe products do not do what they say they should do, reading about other people pointing out the same, and having enough time in my day not working, to weigh in with my own hauntingly similar experiences. That and the every other handful of days spent installing the endless stream of updates for each and every program. (Oh look! The progress bar is still sitting at 49% after 10 minutes! I guess I'll just read The Onion instead of working.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had also this type of problem some time ago.   Video file appears GREEN in project monitor., I can't edit video. I converted my original video file which I got from my canon mark III., and replaced corrupt video file with this converted file and it worked... I suggest you to try this solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by convert? I have built a whole new timeline of the original clips that were corrupted, saved it, rendered it, and exported it to my desktop. When I imported the new timeline into the timeline in question, and saved, the new timeline got corrupted also.

I am using my CC 2014.2 only for closed captioning, and building everything else on my CS6. I don't know if I can trust it every again to build a whole project. Someday, when I am not building shows for TV, and I feel that I have 80 hours to waste building a new timeline to test, I might try CC 2014.2 again.

Why do I have to be in the 2% of editors that have this problem. The channel I am airing on has never hears of this with any of the shows airing on their network.

Dave GatesDakota Sportsmen TV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I'm very sorry to hear about the terrible corruption problems you have been having when converting projects. I'm trying to get a grip on what could be causing the corruption -- the workflow and what is involved in the workflow.

You are converting a project you made with PPRO CS 6.0 to PPRO CC 2014.

You are then adding closed captioning to the project -- by making native closed captions in PPRO?

Do you get this kind of corruption after you add closed captioning to the projects?

Or does this happen with or without closed captions?

Eliminating as many variables as possible will help define what the problem could be.

CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I converted a partially completed project from CS-6 to 2014, then added to the project. I added all the clips I wanted, worked the video transitions, completed my audio tracks, completed the soundtrack, then started to added my lower thirds, and info graphics. I saved and rendered multiple times, so I could see if what I just completed was right. Right around the 95% completion time, I saved, and rendered when the completion time on the render said it was going to take over an hour. I waited around 20 minutes and the project had not advanced at all, so I canceled the rendering. When I went back into the project, I had a corrupted video clip in the timeline where I had just placed an info graphic in. I deleted the graphic, but the file was corrupted, so I deleted the file from the project panel, which deleted it from the timeline. Then I went to the original video clip, which I could watch, dragged it into the project panel, where it immediately came up corrupted. It spread to other clips and killed the ending of the video, so I built a new timeline with the ending clips, saved, rendered, and exported to my desktop. Then I imported the new timeline into the project panel, and inserted it into the old timeline. It worked until I saved it, where it became corrupted. After figuring out what and where the preview files were, I found I had in excess of 98 gig of preview files. What I have been doing is rendering every so often so I can see the completed project as I go. Apparently this is not the way it is done, since the preview files are jamming up my computer. I took the time to delete the old preview files, but by mistake I deleted the prprojfile on the video in question, so I can't test this video anymore without totally rebuilding. Live and learn.

I hope this helps you investigate. I don't have the time to test whether this is fixed or not since I have (7) more episodes to complete by the middle of June, and right now to save money I am, not only doing all the editing, but I am also doing everything else.

Dave gatesDakota Sportsmen TV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears your problem is different.

My problem was, I imported Video clips of my canon Mark III camera., it was fine on timeline, I started editing , after some editing I noticed that three of my clips I can't see contents in project monitor, it was green screen only and I can't edit. So I converted those clips to .mp4 and imported and I replaced corrupt 3 clips with this clips and there was no problem either in editing or exporting for Blu-Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reporting the same issue. "The project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements"

The only thing that changed from yesterday and today was that I logged out of CC on the machine in question to use my laptop at home which I logged in, then out of.   Then this morning I logged back into CC and went to resume work and received this message. 

I have tried the import project from Media Browser work around and Premiere just hangs...  Very frustrating.  This is a long reported issue that really leaves the user in a bind, clients breathing down necks... Oh sorry I know the project that we were working on was fine yesterday, but today it just isn't opening, oh and all of the auto-saves are also not opening!!!???

Kevin can you please help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone with corrupted files,

I recently had a corrupt session with Premiere Pro which cost me multiple project files along with my autosaves. After a long 12 hour intense struggle of learning about .prproj-files and XML code, I've managed to successfully repair my entire project.

Feel free to send over your corrupted project to info@lefourguys.com and I'll have a look.

Also send me information such as:

• Error message (when opening project)
  • Premiere Pro version and OS
  • Amount of specific effects used (Warp Stabilizer, Twixtor, Magic Bullet Looks etc.)

I'll only charge if I manage to fix the file and I'll send you the cost before I begin the recovery.

Estimated time is between 1-2 weekdays.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi LeFourGuys production, 

I know this thread is old, but I'm in desperate need of a corrupted project file to be fixed. If you're still able to work on them please let me know. I've tried everything and now my only hope is the code. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines