• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC crashes by adding Music

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i adding Music (mp3 or wav) Premiere crashes without an Event in the Event Manager? Anyone else here with the same problems ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Hey Everyone,

For those who haven't heard the news, we just released a new version of Premiere Pro (10.3) yesterday. This release does resolve this issue so we suggest you give it a try as soon as you can.

Sorry for the inconvenience with this one, folks..

Thanks,

--Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Workaround:

I created new Sequences in the same project with my desired settings and just copied the contents of the faulty sequence into the new one. Now I can add the very same music files into the timeline."

It worked for me, thank you. I lost over an hours on this, I'm happy I found a working solution, I was going crazy with my deadline being tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum,

Same exact issue here! It seems to have started with the most recent update. I've been using In's and Out's on the files as a workaround.

Be weary of using the insert or overwrite command with audio, because then Ppro will actually crash. At least you can still use keyboard shortcuts to save and quit when the "half-crash" happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I found a work around this just because who knows when Adobe will fix this, but you will need After Effects. Have all your clips ready to go before adding the music into the timeline part. Then highlight all your clips and dynamic link it to After Effects (assuming you have AE as well). Once it is in AE, export that composition as a Premiere project. Close your previous premiere project and open the new one that you just created in AE. Import the music you wanted to add to the new project's sequence and voila! No freezing mess! Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, happening here as well. Trying to add my now licensed 48k.wav for a final mix before sending it off to the client. Hope this is resolved very soon without opening after effects or audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

For anyone having this issue, the following would be very helpful for us in tracking down the problem and any potential solutions.

Please let us know as many details as requested below:

• Does this happen with the latest 9.2 release of Premiere Pro? We have made some changes and fixed some other bugs that could possible have resolved this, so this would be very helpful to know.
  • Does this happen with any sequence or project you create, or only when attempting to import to a specific sequence or project?
  • Can you reproduce this issue as simply as importing one of these MP3 files to the project panel, or does it only happen when adding assets to a sequence?
  • Can you share a sample MP3 file that fails (to a dropbox location or other)? If this only happens with a specific project/sequence, it would also be great if you could share the project as well. Would this be possible for any of you?

Working directly with some of you to get an in-house repro for our developers will be the best way to figure out what's wrong here and fix it - so please let us know if you'd be willing to work with us directly.

Thanks,

-- Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me at least, the latest update seems to have fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue. I've just updated to Premier 9.2. Running Windows 7. You can import and play the file, set in and out points but as soon as you go to drag the audio icon on to the timeline, Premier freezes.

If I create a new sequence I can add the audio to that it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly whats happening to me. Really wish I could add music to my school project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dyllandry‌,

This is exactly whats happening to me. Really wish I could add music to my school project.

Which OS?

Is elkiwi2068's workaround of "If I create a new sequence I can add the audio to that it works fine" working for you?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know. What did work for me was exporting my project without music as a video— then making a fresh project and adding in both my exported video and music track. Those played well together.

I found some things out that may help you. After I drag in the mp3, or wav, or whatever file type my audio may be, the program doesn't actually crash. I can still scroll through some inner windows like my timeline using my scroll wheel, and I can even switch between those inner windows using hotkeys. If I have the right window selected I can even hit 'space' to play my preview fine. I can do all of that, but I cannot click on anything. Its like dragging in these audio files breaks my cursor.

Hopefully that is a help, have a good morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input. I'm trying to gather as much information as possible related to this issue.

Regards,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any solutions - rather than workarounds??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe people,

Apparently this issue is around for months. I bought this piece of software two days ago and now I can hardly work with it due to this strange issue. I don't understand why it still isn't resolved... Could you please fix it or at least update us about the status?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

For those who haven't heard the news, we just released a new version of Premiere Pro (10.3) yesterday. This release does resolve this issue so we suggest you give it a try as soon as you can.

Sorry for the inconvenience with this one, folks..

Thanks,

--Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First test looks good! Thanks so much, great timing 🙂 If anything still comes up, I'll let you know. For now great work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to have disappeared, like I mentioned above. However, PP did crash twice:

1) When clicking File -> Import it just hung and the said the program wasn't responding anymore

2) When playing back my video the music started to fall away at times and after a while the program wasn't responding anymore.

Windows 10

Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 (Intel CORE i5)

Hope this is usefull information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, this was posted in January. That's six months without a fix. That's pretty terrible for software that is "cloud-based" and supposed require little maintenance. In addition, it would be nice to have a "roll-back to old version" option (I understand that it is probably already possible "manually" but isn't that the purpose of the Creative Cloud software "manager"?) It's easy to be overly negative online, but these are all things I would feel comfortable saying in person.

Otherwise, the purpose of forums like these is for paying users to help each-other bypass or workaround glitches until an official patch (this is where a "hotfix" would be great). Or is this just what users can expect from game developers or app developers now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TristanS,

Hi there, this was posted in January. That's six months without a fix.

Sorry, that's actually the typical timeline of a difficult bug fix.

The issue was reported in January, reproduced by our engineering staff in February. A fix was provided too late for our last release date, so unfortunately, it had to wait until this release to finally get a fix in.

That's pretty terrible for software that is "cloud-based" and supposed require little maintenance.

Despite the nomenclature, Premiere Pro isn't actually "cloud based" if you think about it. Software delivered over the internet via subscription is not necessarily the same thing as a cloud architecture based software delivered over the internet (Google apps, Salesforce apps, etc.).

Similar development processes are adhered to because Premiere Pro is still being developed much in the same way as it has in the past. The main difference is the delivery method (and the schedule).

In addition, it would be nice to have a "roll-back to old version" option (I understand that it is probably already possible "manually" but isn't that the purpose of the Creative Cloud software "manager"?)

You can now go back to the last version more easily. See this FAQ. I've been doing my best to get all versions of Premiere Pro in place on the Creative Cloud application. I agree that this really needs to happen. It appears we do have the tech in place to make this happen, so hopefully this will finally be better in the near future.

It's easy to be overly negative online, but these are all things I would feel comfortable saying in person.

That's fine, Tristan. No worries.

Otherwise, the purpose of forums like these is for paying users to help each-other bypass or workaround glitches until an official patch (this is where a "hotfix" would be great).

Actually, yes. It is the place for users to help each other. Workarounds are often exchanged here, and those are most welcome. Nothing wrong with that. I try to help here too.

The issue may be that you expect 100% "issue free" software. In an ideal world, that'd make things easier, wouldn't it? Unfortunately, Premiere Pro (and other NLE software—I've worked at other companies and have seen this firsthand) is some of the most complex on the planet, so issues will always exist—big and small. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. So, yes, we do need this forum to help find workarounds for existing problems. It's always been this way since the dawn of the NLE.

Here's a peek at the 2-pop board in June 2000 when FCP 1.2.5 was released. Crazy, huh? So you see, it's always been like this, regardless of the software. BTW, here it looks like I made a post about Canon XL-1 4 channel audio! I got an answer from "Ralph" at Apple (RIP, Ralph!)

Point is, NLE issues have always been there: evergreen, so to speak. Hopefully, in the future, we at Adobe can reduce bugs more and more.

until an official patch (this is where a "hotfix" would be great).

If you weren't aware, we often have a point release after a major update. This new version is a major update, so it would be reasonable to expect some kind of update in the near future. The goal of this update is to fix any of the so-called glitches brought about by this new release—so then the software gets better.

A second point release can also occur (a hot fix, as you call it), but there is a fine line whether you spend time developing the upcoming software, or put that on hold to get a potential update posted. Since schedules are tight with Creative Cloud development, and depending the timing of it all, it's not always feasible.

Is this just what users can expect from game developers or app developers now?

The goal is to create issue free software, of course. The more complex the software is (complexity: referring to the millions of lines of code required), the harder it is to prevent issues from newly occurring. Also, the more complex software is, it is also more likely to break an existing feature. That's how software development works from what I've seen.

By the way, I'm a former editor who has had the privilege of working at other NLE companies, so I hope you can appreciate my perspective. If you truly want to vent to the product team, you can file a "constructive criticism" in the form of a bug.

Sorry for your frustration and hope this explanation helps.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, in the same project, if I create a new sequence I can drag the audio there.. strange??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Does this happen with the latest 9.2 release of Premiere Pro? We have made some changes and fixed some other bugs that could possible have resolved this, so this would be very helpful to know. Yes. In fact the problem only occured a couple times on 9.1 but everyone using 9.2 at work has experienced the issue. Sometimes multiple times per day. Most projects had been created in earlier versions of premiere but I am almost positive that my first experience was on a project that was created on 9.2
  • Does this happen with any sequence or project you create, or only when attempting to import to a specific sequence or project? Any sequence that was made before the glitch occurs. I believe they also have to have In and Out markers on the sequence. Removing the markers on trouble sequences seems to fix the issue every time.  You can also copy and paste from the trouble sequence into a new sequence.
  • Can you reproduce this issue as simply as importing one of these MP3 files to the project panel, or does it only happen when adding assets to a sequence? I've only experienced the issue dragging files with audio from the project panel to the sequence.
  • Can you share a sample MP3 file that fails (to a dropbox location or other)? If this only happens with a specific project/sequence, it would also be great if you could share the project as well. Would this be possible for any of you? I have a project that you can work with. crashing project.zip - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: Audio files crash premiere while dragging files to timeline. Serious troubleshooting. Seriously ...

Here's a post that I created early on about this issue. I forgot to mention that editing the length of a file also seems to fix the issue (mostly because it's so weird). If you experience the crash in my provided project, load the audio you are working with into Audition. Save a 2nd version as is.  Trim a little or add second and save to a 3rd version. Importing the 2nd identical file and dropping it to the timeline should crash premiere. Importing the 3rd version should work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, importing audio files into Premiere Pro CC 9.2.0 (41) build on a HP Z series (Win 10).  This just started happening this week.

I'm also have issues after importing video files (mp4 .mxf, h264). The program brings them in and when I try to access them, it hangs.

I know it's this version because I have another Windows (7) work station with a few versions older of Premier Pro CC and that version using the same video and audio assets performs without incident.

Thanks Heavens I have this other work station, or I'd be in deep trouble with my clients.  Not Fun !  I truly hope it gets resolved soon !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here:

specs:

windows 10 64bit

premiere pro cc 2015 v9.2 zigzag

core i7

nvidia geforce gt 650m

When adding an mp3 (or converted wav) into a sequence I get the white fist of death..... straightforward process... pain in the backside problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem today. Came here from google results.
I was just using a sample (preview) audio clip from audiojungle.com and it would lock up premiere. Windows 10 i7 Gigabyte 16gb ram (gaming laptop), usually blazing fast.

The .mp3 sample file totally locked up premiere, yet I could still use the keyboard. Weird.

Creating a new sequence made it work. Perhaps it was because I let premiere auto-generate a sequence from my camera's video files (Sony A7s)? It auto generates an ARRI sequence.. I created a new sequence that was HDSLR 1080p 24p and it solved the issue.

Strange and annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same trouble.  I tried editing in audition as well, but I will have to try the saving a second time method that wdaytvcs suggested.  Clearly this is an issue for a large number of people.  Is there any word on an update to remedy this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines