• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC project sample rate

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Edit\PreferencesAudioHardware of all my Projects Sample rate is grey and 44.1 kHz. All my Audio files are in 48 kHz sample rate, generated in Audition. My questions are:

1. How can I Change sample rate and why is it greyed?

2, If changing is not possible what are the (negative) consequences of the difference?

Thank you

Wolfgang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Hi Dean,

thanks a lot for your fast answer. Meanwhile I found, that the hardware configuration of my system was erroneously set to CD quality.  After just one hour ago I have corrected that error my project sample rate is 48 kHz. Special thanks for the second part if your answer. So I must not be concerned about my recent output.

Thanks and regards

Wolfgang

[Personal information removed from post. — Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ingris,

To clarify, are you concerned that since your Audio Hardware Preferences show 44.1 kHz and your audio files are 48 kHz, that when you export a new rendered video, your audio will be downgraded? If the answer is yes, you need not worry. The preferences you see there relate to your computer's devices for recording and playback of audio from Premiere. So for example, if you plugged in a new headset, the Audio Hardware Preferences would have options related to what that device supports. Your internal files would not be modified on export to the device settings. When you export your video, you choose the quality for video and audio independent from the Audio Hardware Preferences.

To your question about changing the greyed out 44.1 kHz, that is not possible as it relates to the audio device's capability.

Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dean,

thanks a lot for your fast answer. Meanwhile I found, that the hardware configuration of my system was erroneously set to CD quality.  After just one hour ago I have corrected that error my project sample rate is 48 kHz. Special thanks for the second part if your answer. So I must not be concerned about my recent output.

Thanks and regards

Wolfgang

[Personal information removed from post. — Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines