• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CS5.5 with New GTX 1070

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem after buying a Geforce GTX 1070 to use with Premiere CS5.5.  I am getting intermittent stuttering on my 1080p video footage.  I just replaced the 1070 from a ATI Radeon RX 580, where I had NO stuttering issues or frame drops, but the reason I switched was to get the Mercury Accelerated GPU setting.  What could be happening here?  I'm using the latest Nvidea drivers (uninstalled and reinstalled them, with no change) and like I said, it was fine with the Radeon card.

Here is my rig:

Dell Inspiron 5675

Ryzen 7, 1700, 8 core, 16 thread CPU

24 gb RAM

GTX 1070 GPU 8Gb VRAM

WD Black M.2 250GB SSD for OS and APPS

WD Blue 1TB for Preview and Media CACHE files

WD Green 3TB for project files and video footage

I thought maybe my drives were too slow, so I tried creating a small project all on my SSD drive with just a few clips, with same result.  I only edit with 1080 footage, no 4K at all.

Could it be CS5.5 Premiere itself?  Too old a version for the GTX 1070?  I can't download the CC Premiere because my trial ran out last week.

Any help you might be able to offer, would be very much appreciated.  Thanks!

Joe

filmakr1

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Premiere Pro NEW to Premiere Pro OLD... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for the input.  It turns out my AMD Radeon card sucks up just as much, (both are recommended for use with 500 watt  PSU's) and in many cases MORE than the GTX 1070. 

I know I'm grasping for straws here, but does anyone out there know if there any particular settings within the Nvidia control panel that I might try tinkering with to correct what might be happening here?

My M.2 NVME is only 250GB, I won't be able to fit that much raw footage on it.  Plus I already created a small project on that drive with only 2 clips, no FX or titles ... and with the same frame drops.

Thank you all very much for reaching out with all your help and suggestions.  It's great to know there's a place where people gather to sincerely help out with these never ending computer frustrations.  You're some good folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines