• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere does not import audio that is attached to video

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, so I've downloaded a few videos that I need to include in my movie onto my desktop. If I watch them in say, quick time player, there is audio and I can hear everything perfectly. Once I import the file into premiere though, the audio detaches and is nowhere to be found! It's like it doesn't exist or something.

I've looked everywhere for a solution and can't seem to find one so please help!

In the timeline the file appears as purple instead of the normal blue with audio attached if that helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Hi Pdl2k,

Please check this link and follow the same instructions for CC2017 version of Premiere Pro:

FAQ: MP4, MOV, AVCHD files import without audio in Premiere Pro CC (2015.3)

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying everything suggested on these forums, I finally found the suggested solution that has worked for me and others:

Rename Media Cache & Media Cache Files folders to Old_Media Cache & Old_Media Cache Files respectively.

If issue is resolved, Delete both Old_Media Cache & Old_Media Cache Files folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem when I try to import MP4s to the project, doesn't import the audio, only video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pdl2k,

Please check this link and follow the same instructions for CC2017 version of Premiere Pro:

FAQ: MP4, MOV, AVCHD files import without audio in Premiere Pro CC (2015.3)

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem as the other users (no audio attached with any video file)

I noticed that the file does not import with any audio channel and the tiny icons on the list only mention the video file. One of my friend is doing the same exercise and he has a combined logo (audio and video).

instead of

Does that give you any hint?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kulpreet's link worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem.

My footage has both audio and video in it, but once it has been imported and put into my timeline, the audio had gone, giving my video no sound.

I managed to import the video into audition too then extract it's audio and merge the wav file and the video together in adobe premier pro cc 2018.

This extra step is a pain though. And i would like to be able to do it efficiently. And just syncing the audio with the video, such a pain, it took me ten minutes.

I am using  adobe premier pro cc 2018

Please help adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stevenm9342790,

What is the source of your footage?

Make sure source audio and video is patched in the Timeline.  FAQ: Why does audio or video not go to the track where I drop it?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Jesus, i came to save you guys.

On your project tab, right click on the Media that is imported with no audio and select "Edit on Adobe Audition". It will automatically add a new file to this tab, an adobe audition file. Then you just need to add this two on the timeline and link them!

One year later and adobe has still not fix it? Maybe is time sail with black ships again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Premiere Elements.  Where is the project tab?  I don't see anything that allows me to right click to "Edit on Adobe Audition".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project tab is where are the files you had imported to your project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSUPEP87  wrote

I'm new to Premiere Elements. 

You replied to a post in Premiere PRO forum

For Premiere Elements​.

Premiere Elements does not have a Project Window nor the ability to use Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I am not sure if this has been suggested in any of the pages and pages of comments etc.

However a stupid (for me) and simple (also for me) solution was ..... wait for it......

In the timeline box there are the various Video and Audio tracks - to the very left of this box are blue highlights as to which track will accept input, JUST THE VIDEO (V1) was highlighted, I clicked on Audio 1 (A1) and hey presto, when dragged over both video and audio settled into place nicely.

Sorry for the plain language but this definitely worked for me.

Nigel

mrbattley.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you have "A1" selected (turned blue) at most left side

in the timeline, and you have only these two there on the left

("V1" and "A1"). And both should be selected to begin with, or

your added files will have only video or only audio.

For you to see those A1 and V1 in the timeline, remember to have

imported at least one file to the project and click to select it

in the project list (click the movie, not the sequence).

You still can try with adding several files to the timeline at

once, they should come with their audios, and you can select a

file in the project list and click the "Automate to Sequence"

icon down there in the project window and click OK next and

your file will also be added with its audio.

Hope this will help some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines