• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere is not exporting closed captions from beginning

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export a SRT file, it's not exporting the captions from the beginning. My captions begin at :06, yet it keeps exporting from :46 into the video. This has been an intermittent issue for me. I'm on the latest update (22.3.1). It's not like my in point is set at :46. It's set at the beginning, yet I don't believe the in/out points have any relevance to this export anyway. 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not experienced this and don't recall other reports.

Can you post a screenshot of the text panel of the first several captions?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DaudiStack_0-1651503246082.png

Yet, when I export, here's a copy/paste of the first few captions of the exported SRT file:

00:00:46,629 --> 00:00:50,008
Do you have a passion for increasing
professionalism in the industry

00:00:50,258 --> 00:00:53,053
to professional standards and ethics?

00:00:53,053 --> 00:00:55,430
Perhaps you enjoy learning
more about what's going on?

I've had this problem before on a different computer system and a different version of PP. I'm surprised no one else has reported this bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you're not able to view the pasted screen print, I'm attaching it.CC bug.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd. You have an empty line/extra line in caption 1? I think that is the only way you could get the extra space between caption 1 and 2. Try cleaning that up and see if it makes a difference?

It shouldn't: when I add an extra line, PR doesn't export it, but it exports all the captions with the right times.

Was this imported from a sidecar? Created using PR transcription? Edited after in PR?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, this was not a sidecar export, but I just exported it that way and it worked. Before I did that I tried deleting that first caption and typing it in a new one. That did not work. Anyway, if nothing else, I'll have this as a reference if I forget what I did to get around that bug. LOL

Thanks or the suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines