Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere makes other softwares freeze for a short moment

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Adobe CC installed in my PC, windows 10. When Premiere Pro 2017 is running it affects videos playing in other softwares. For instances if I start Edge web browser and play a video in it, the video freezes for approxamitely a quarter of a second and then runs normally again. This repeat it self during the whole video every tenth second. If I quit Premiere then the video runs with out any freezing problems. However the problem don't occur in Premiere itself playing a video there.

The autosaved is turned off and also the CC-app and the synch file option i the CC-app. My computer is totally new, 16 GB RAM, Intel core i7 processor. Graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M.

My question: There must be something that Premiere do in the background that interferes with the system, memory etc.

Is there anything I can turn off inside Premiere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you should be turning off is the other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking this over one more time.

This is the problem:

Premiere does something in the background that disturbs the performance in other softwares. It even disturbs InDesign and makes it freeze during writing text in InDesign.

So my point is that there must something I can turn of in Premiere to avoid the freezing every tenth second in other softwares running simultaneously. Anyone who has a good idea or tip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your media source files on the same drive as the OS and Software? eg C:/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are all on C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are all on C.

Bad idea.

You have bottle necked the access to media data , software and OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean. The OS and Premiere can't be moved easily from C. However I can store the Premiere project and the rest of material used in Premiere to D (it's a Sata disc, C is a ssd unit). Would that solve the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS and Software(s) on Boot Drive eg C:/

Then spread your Projects, media, assets to a number of other drives.  D:/, E:/  etc....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I will give it a try, sounds like a reasonable solution. However I only have two available units, but I guess it will fix it anyway. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Daniel_9185,

Please let us know the status of the issue after trying the step recommended by shooternz.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines