• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere mxf broadcast legal problem

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported mxf from pp 2017 as broadcast standard. in the sequence  before encoding the luma level is within 1-100. after encoding I imported the mxf and watched it in a pp2017 sequence. the luma level suddenly goes up to 108, which means it is not within the broadcast specs. anymore. video limiter or levels effect has no influence. any idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One idea user Jarle Leirpoll has suggested is an AL with a video limiter above the sequence, with another AL with a black color matte set to the Lighten blend mode above it, and above that another AL with a white color matte set to Darken for blend mode ... this provides a full hard-limiter action.

Not pretty, but works. Also ... if there's resizing going on, I'm not sure but the resizing might be processed after the limiter ... so if something goes "awk" during resizing, it would be post-limiter.

I also have heard of people running their b-cast headed export out of PrPro through Resolve with its video-limit/checking setup on, just to make sure they've got the best chance of catching something. It's either that or buy a full b-cast limiting device, maybe.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No idea why the luma should jump if it "actually" was in range for export.  OE maybe ?

Try LEVELS EFFECT

Apply it and check that the program maxs at 100% (It should auto limit at 100 IRE)

Try Setting  White to 95% and see what scopes indicate through program.

Visual Difference of 95 or 100 are un discernible by eye and I usually legalise at 95% for PAL TV Broadcast.

I tested PPRO Video Limiters and found them to be NASTY. Never used them ever again since testing them and never had a QC fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines