Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere only imports Audio

New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

So i've seen this question a few times already since the last update but haven't seen any answers that work yet. Basically, Premiere only imports the audio for about 75% of my shots, the other 25% import fine. So far I have tried:

- Clearing the cache

- Converting the clips from .mov to .mp4

- Renaming the source folder

- Reinstalling Premiere Pro

- Dragging and going through file/import to import clips

The original clips I tried to import were .mov files shot on a Nikon D7100.  I then tried all of the above, and each time I re-tried to import clips a different few would work fine and the rest would only import audio. I also tried to import .mp4 files shot on Canon and that didn't work either. Here are my computer specs and my Premiere Pro version. I've been held up for about two weeks now with this problem and I've tried every fix I've come across online, please help! Thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 5.29.53 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Yes I know that. So, it's time to upgrade your Mac OS X. Try this please. This is an option and we have to go discarding posibilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nailed it.  Thanks Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES YES YES!!!! THANK YOU!!! I have done all of the things mentioned above for days and weeks and still nothing, BUT THIS WAS THE PROBLEM THE WHOLE TIME! How dumb it is to just have to click some V1 icon and it works. ???? Why should I have to click that? Who would think to click that? but that was it. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! YOU SAVED ME SO MUCH TIME AND FRUSTRATION!!! Thanks NEIL!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're most welcome!

There is a very good reason for the Source and Track targets. Say you only want to add the video but not the audio? Uncheck the Source audio box, you can add media without messing your audio setup on the sequence. Or of course, the other way around.

And when you're working on a sequence, well ... there's times you want to do things to specific video or audio tracks, but don't want anything else affected. Set the Track target boxes for what you want and don't want to affect.

It would be very difficult to do much work in Premiere if you couldn't control that behavior.

Here's the Premiere Pro Reference pdf ... an 812 page manual (finally, something decent!) that covers a ton of things to set up and get working in Premiere. Including some sections on "best practices" workflows in Chapter 15 well worth checking out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only I had the two weeks to read the over 800 page manual. I have to have this video done yesterday. Lol. I saw the guy who started this thread had the same problem...trying everything that has been posted when it was a simple fix. I would suggest that when a track target icon is clicked that a warning pop up that says, "You will not be able to import video with this icon clicked." At least for the first time.  
I have been working with Adobe Premier for years and never knew about this so it's something that needs to be a bit more "common knowledge". Thanks again for your help!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ATTENTION EVERYONE

THIS IS THE ANSWER U NEED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some problem here... please solve this issue...

this 3 file i was recorded in the same source, but the last file only can import audio ...

adobe correct this issue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The icon means: contains linked audio.

Hover with your mouse over the icon and you will see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines