• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14.6 shows clips w/ "danger stripes" after moving media to another drive

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I COPIED MY PROJECT ON TO A NEW DRIVE TO HAVE IT BACKED UP. The sequences are randomly now screwed up with weird banding in the timelines- see photo- this is all footage for a feature and under a deadline. It retroactively screwed up the original sequences as well. About a year's worth of work. Please tell me there is a way to fix this!!!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was for FC7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for clarification, are you opening the project with the source footage still in the original location?  Or are you opening the project and the files on the backup (maybe even on a different computer)?

This will take some patience, but it's worked for me in the past.  Open the project file with the media offline and do a File > Save As.  Append something to the file name like "_please_work".  When I did this, I moved the project file from the external drive to the desktop and then unmounted the external drive.  Then I opened the project making all the media offline and then put the Save As also on the Desktop.  I then reconnected the external drive, opened the Save As project file, and took the time to relink the media, checking it as I go (so, not all in one pass).  

For some clips, I would use Replace Footage instead of Link Media.

Since you mention that the original sequences also have trouble, it may be worth opening a recent auto-save to spot check it to see if the issue is presenting itself there as well.

Lastly, how did you do the backup?  Manual drag and drop?  A copy utility like Carbon Copy Clone or EaseUS?  And, is the LaCie drive formatted the same way as the original drive?  So, ExFAT going to ExFAT or HFS+ going to HFS+?  Reviewing this may prevent issues in the future.  When I ran into stripes in the clip boundaries, it was a project that had been uploaded to Google Drive and then downloaded and it was mostly AVCHD footage that was not reconnecting correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention, I did the relinking from the Project panel, not the Link Media dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines