• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.4 breaking plugins

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 15.4 on several systems, and it looks like it is causing problems with various plugins. Already heard some people talking about issues with Red Giant, but I'm having issues with my own plugin as well.

On launch, the plugin looks like it starts to load, but nothing shows up in the panel itself. And if I close the panel and re-launch it, I don't even get the plugin panel to come up until I close and restart Premiere Pro.

Tried taking out pretty much everything in my index.html file except a single text field, but still nothing. So I think it has something to do with a change to what is needed in the manifest file perhaps? What is odd is that it seems to load just fine on my M1 Macbook, but not on my desktop PC.

Anyone else seeing similar issues?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

It isn't PrPro that isn't working. You need to update your Red Giant Universe application manager via the Red Giant Application manager.

Then it all works with 15.4 as you expect.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Update on this: turns out it was because Premiere Pro (and After Effects) moved to CEP 11. Shoudln't affect packaged plugins, but since I am doing development, I had to get into the registry and add a "PlayerDebugMode" key under CSXS.11 .

So, no issue with Premiere Pro, I just wasn't aware that Ae and Pr moved to CEP11 with this latest release.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, just updated on a M1 Macbook and have lost access to my plugins (Film Impact). I've tried a roll back to 15.2 and it sees them again, annoying though as i need the 15.4 compatability.

Anyone got a solution?

Cheers,
Nico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're hitting a different issue; the initial report (in this thread) was about extensions, not plug-ins.

If you're running natively on ARM, you will need updated ARM-native Film Impact plug-ins; happily, Film Impact were among the first to port their plug-ins to ARM>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Bruce, turns out my legacy Film Impact plug-ins are no longer supported (by FI for ARM processor).

Looks like I have to switch to their subscription model to maintain compatability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me ... my red giant plug ins show in AE but not PR I tried everything even called geek squad then called adobe and they said to just go back to the 15.4 version but I think it's something else I can do so I can be on the latest software 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd that they show in Ae but not PrPro.

Current PrPro is 15.4.0.

Current Ae   is 18.4.0.41

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your installation of PPro, ARM-native?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines