• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2015.3 problems after updating from 2015.2

Participant ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a lot of problems after updating to 2015.3.  This is with a project that worked perfectly fine a few days ago on 2015.2 (or whatever the previous release was).  Now the audio drops out, it doesn't play smoothly, and everything hangs after a few minutes - I can't scrub the timeline, it doesn't respond to the up/down keys to navigate to the previous/next clip, it's totally unresponsive.  Everything was working fine until updating to 2015.3.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro on a 6-core i7 Extreme with 24GB RAM and a Quadro 4000 (v354.35).  I have a 500GB SSD for Windows and Creative Cloud, 2TB RAID 0 HDs for swap/cache/workspace/etc., 1TB HD for project files, 2GB RAID 0 HDs for source video, 1GB HD for output video (5 logical volumes, 7 physical drives).  This system flew before installing 2015.3.

Help, please!

Edited by: Kevin Monahan

Reason: more concise title

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Hi,

Please mention the OS that you are using?

For Windows try the below step.

Please go to Edit Menu of Premiere Pro>Preferences>Media and uncheck the option "Enable accelerated Intel h.264 decoding"

Note: Applicable for Windows Machines

Once done restart Premiere Pro and check the performance.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I've downgraded back to 2015.2 and now when I open the project I get 8 warnings like, Invalid font: SourceSansPro-x.  I haven't uninstalled any fonts so the downgrade process must have caused this problem.  How do I get the fonts back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the last project you were working on in 2015.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Did you use the last project you were working on in 2015.2.

Who, me?  I think I did.  It looks like I'm missing a few things but I believe I may have made some changes in 2015.3 before I started having problems.  When I opened my old project in 2015.3 it said this is an old version and created a new project. So, if the old project was called "name" it created "name-1".  I like to keep the same name so I renamed "name" to "name-old" and renamed "name-1" to "name".  After downgrading I then renamed "name" to "name-2015.3" and renamed "name-old" back to "name" and that's what is giving me the missing font warnings in 2015.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for the last auto save with the old name.

I never change names otherwise I get in a muddle.

Or do a save as ....

Projects made in 2015.2 are called xxx15.2.prproj

Project made in 2015.3 is called xxx15.3.prproj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Illucine,

OK, I've downgraded back to 2015.2 and now when I open the project I get 8 warnings like, Invalid font: SourceSansPro-x. I haven't uninstalled any fonts so the downgrade process must have caused this problem. How do I get the fonts back?

Oh, that's too bad. Is this a TypeKit font? If not, where did you get it? I don't have that one installed.

Thank you,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

I have no idea where that font came from.  I don't believe I ever explicitly installed it.  The first time I've seen that message is after I downgraded from 2015.3 back to 2015.2 so I'm thinking it must be related to the installs.  I just Googled SourceSansPro and the first result says, "Source® Sans Pro, Adobe's first open source typeface family, was designed by Paul D. Hunt. It is a sans serif typeface intended to work well in user interfaces."  So, perhaps it's something that Premiere uses in it's UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>So, perhaps it's something that Premiere uses in it's UI.

I just checked and 1) Source Sans Pro is installed in my system and 2) when Premiere creates a brand new project it still gets that error (Invalid font). So, apparently the downgrade messed something up with the font. Because it's not anything I need for my project, I'll just ignore the messages. Hopefully they'll go away when Adobe fixes Premiere (2015.4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, I know that (upgrade during project is not good) as I'm editor for 20 years and last 15 on NLE's of all sorts.

BUT the problem is in CC app I never know what "UPDATE" means! It will be "update" or rather "upgrade"!
I tend to update software, though. CC app tells me and update is awailable, I look "what's new" and see (or not see) what is new. And I saw "X apps have update" the other day. OK what the heck I hit UPDATE ALL as usual and went to lunch. It's still CC 2015, dot release - probably fixes and some small feature addon...

Yeah right! After I came back from lounch, I saw buch of grey icons on desktop (becaause apps were uninstalled). Where the hell is my software! I shockingly saw it is new mayor version "masked" under CC2015.3. I spent few hours to copy various plugins and custom presets over to new "10 folder". But than some plugins were broken. I must reinstall older version too. Not only that: for some plugins the maps were deleted too, so reinstalling the plugins too and searching again for all the keys of plugins.

I see that MEAN, by all means. Under the hood the version is "10" and before it was "9". So Why on earth is called 2015.3? It's june already. And next year release will be 2017 or 2016? If it is not release big enough for new "year", why than version in the folders not remained "9" - we would have no effort moving things around.

But 2015.3 is major release, because some (or most) plugins need to be updated to work. It would be fair to call this release 2016, since it will not be another big release soon, or even it will, year is half past and releasing 2016 in late december is odd isn't it?

So CC update can mean "update" (existing app) or "upgrade" (replace app with new version) - caution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUT the problem is in CC app I never know what "UPDATE" means! It will be "update" or rather "upgrade"!

One way to tell is to open the Advanced Settings when installing the new version.  Upgrades will have the option of leaving the older version installed (a good idea).  Updates will not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right... there is always the answer user is dumb. I know.
Versions before we argued there is no easy way to tell WHAT's NEW. Not this is included.
Today's issue is that UPGRADE should be states as upgrade, not update. And "update" should not just wipe all previous versions by default and install new.

Why one pro user should constantly check all the background? Than this is not PRO software. Is so hard to describe clearly what update will do? Or more simple - just differentiate between update of SAME version, and telll user "NEW version available: What U like todo". And why we need forums (wits days lag) to get information where we can leave original versions installed? Why must be so complicated?

And again: I would really like "major release" would not be called "update" any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why one pro user should constantly check all the background?

Well, because until Adobe changes the way it's done, doing so will help to avoid problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Snemanje poroke,

Very sorry for all the frustration.

Oh yes, I know that (upgrade during project is not good) as I'm editor for 20 years and last 15 on NLE's of all sorts.

Super good point. I was thinking about the same thing. Can you file a bug on that here?

I see that MEAN, by all means. Under the hood the version is "10" and before it was "9". So Why on earth is called 2015.3? It's june already. And next year release will be 2017 or 2016?

It's confusing, and I apologize. We hope to make this situation better on the next round.

But 2015.3 is major release, because some (or most) plugins need to be updated to work. It would be fair to call this release 2016, since it will not be another big release soon, or even it will, year is half past and releasing 2016 in late december is odd isn't it?

Yes. Sorry again for all the trouble.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filed the request. Thank you for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the golden rule is ABC

Always Be Cutting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**edit** apologies if I've posted this in the incorrect place. I could have started a new threat, but this subject seemed to generally fit the trouble I'm having. Thanks so much!!**

I've created several new projects in 2015.3 after having some lag issues with opening a project created in an older version. I really appreciate that tip, and it did speed things up markedly in some instances. However, even with a totally brand new project and simple DSLR .mov clips (15 min duration) and simple .wav files, I'm finding that when I double click an asset to load in the preview pane, it simply will not play for anywhere between 25 -45 seconds. Cursor works, I can click on menus, etc. and the computer is responsive, just the play button does nothing. Then when it does work after that very long lag, seems totally fine. Ideas on what might be happening to me? In the previous version Premiere was crazy blazing fast, would immediately load any video clip and be totally scannable without any jumping with absolutely no lag, so it's strange to go from that to these very long delays... perhaps a setting I can change somewhere? Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you installed it on VM or is it installed on physical hardware?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems, too.

My camera creates .MTS files, which I could load into PP2015.2 without any problems and work on.

After the update to PP, which I can't open without updating, /glare, all the apps would lock up when trying to open the start screen that I had to do a hard boot. In my PP start screen, it forgot all my recent files. While that's not a super huge problem, I am kinda irked about it.

After I got my computer restarted, I create a new project, and I didn't get any audio when importing the .MTS files. It's not that audio was down, the audio was missing. It wasn't being registered in the timeline, the source monitor, or the project pane. I deleted the file and re-imported it several times, but never got audio. Finally, I re-encoded it directly through Media Encoder into an MP4, and imported the MP4 into my project to work on. It seems working ok now.

I have several previous projects I will need to go back to and work on, which were built in 2015.2. I'm not interested in re-encoding all my source files and re-building my projects using MP4 files. When I try to go back to a previous version, the latest version my desktop app is offering me is 2015.0. That might work, but given that I just had a huge problem going from 2015.2 to 2015.3, I don't want to take that chance.

I'm running Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i3-4150.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to the .3 version and my old projects are not working. They work fine in the source monitor, but the timeline doesn't play. Any new file dragged to the timeline plays perfectly.

I made the mistake of updating mid project and am suffering now. It was a massive project of over an hour, with approx 20 hours of footage. Trying to roll back to previous version. Will let you guys know how it goes.

EDIT:

When i downdated, it downdated to a version that is previous to 2015.2.

Is there any way to restore version 2015.2?

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks,

This works as well.

I just double clicked the old premiere file and it opened up the correct version or premiere pro, but now, it says missing filter, the multiband compressor is missing. Any solutions?

So many issues just because of one silly update.

Everything was running so smooth for months, and overnight, i'm doomed with problems.

EDIT:

Successfully managed to rollback to 2015.2, after much stress.

Few pointers might help people.

For some reason Adobe didn't overwrite the previous version, so double clicking the old project file opens the version it was made in.

To do a proper rollback, you have to first install the previous version 2015.1, then install the 2015.2 update. The 'updates' tab in premiere pro is greyed out, you will need to update from app. (Goto the downgraded version, click update. Check details before doing so)

You will also need to rollback the media encoder. This is the reason I was getting the 'missing filter' error.

Hope that helps others who need to downgrade to 2015.2 (Which is probably the most stable thing in my life right now. ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

djtally When i downdated, it downdated to a version that is previous to 2015.2.

Is there any way to restore version 2015.2?

Please help.

On the creative cloud app you can install previous versions. The way I did it was to instal the first last version which got me the 2015.0 version, then I updated that same and it got me the 2015.2

Now I'm back in business. !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having problems with 2015.3, too. Im really considering downgrading back to 2015.2.

My plugins are not showing up in Premiere, I tried reinstalling them, launching PP with shift held down, nothing works.

Seems we must wait till another update or some patch that will fix this issues.

Good luck saving your project, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am having a rough go with the new update.  Unfortunately I have a deadline coming up and, of course, Adobe handcuffed me to a refrigerator falling down a stairwell.  I am working on a fairly simple project, with a computer that has 24gb of RAM.  1080p with limited effects and the same frame rate throughout, should be no problem, however, the software is crashing every :30 - :60 into opening and scrubbing the project.  Any solutions here?  Or am I at a loss and going back to another NLE.  I'm not an editor by trade, just a DP that is cutting a corporate project together and am on a time crunch.  Any help will be supremely appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try downgrading back to 2015.2, but projects from 2015.3 Will not work then.

IF its Simple project ill downgrade it and then start again from nothing. Its tíme saving, I guess you dont want to spend weeks or even months to do nothing just waiting for new patch or bug fix that Will maybe fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Notzachg,

Any solutions here? Or am I at a loss and going back to another NLE.

Can you try opening an auto save version in 2015.2?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines