• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2015 will no longer open after recent update

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reinstalling the app, and restarting my computer.  No luck.  I get the error message, "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application." when I open the program from the windows start bar.  When I try to launch the app from the creative cloud app (3.41.181) nothing happens.

I am on a Windows 10 desktop computer 64 bit OS

8 Gb of ram

ATI Radeon HD 5850 graphics card with lastest drivers (15.11.1) from AMD

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz

Premier Pro worked just fine yesterday, although I was no longer able to select the accelerate with GPU option when I started a new project.

Other Adobe apps like Lightroom and Audition open just fine.

What should my next course of action be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Hi Travis A,

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz

What should my next course of action be?

Update to Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.2).

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 182 Replies 182
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have an AMD processor (Intel), and I could not launch after the update but rolling back to CC2015 and hope that works, as one would like to do some work today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phealan‌ and sammygspud‌,

You have startup issues on an Intel CPU.

Can you please send me a system information (NFO) file so that i can forward it to the Engineering team and they can look into the issue.

What is System Information? - Windows Help

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for help sorry for post hope it helps other but my problem was a malware issue, after remove it  booted just fine thanks for help if you desire I can still send you my NFO file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for help sorry for post hope it helps other but my problem was a malware issue, after remove it  booted just fine thanks for help if you desire I can still send you my NFO file.

Thanks for reporting back, Sammy.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also having the same issue:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 9.1.0.174, time stamp: 0x564dce25

Faulting module name: dvaui.dll, version: 9.1.0.174, time stamp: 0x564dabb2

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000001bcc38

Faulting process ID: 0x1098

Faulting application start time: 0x01d19fd73d17b7d3

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015\dvaui.dll

Report ID: 6689c1aa-5826-4ed4-958c-36b4873d85da

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be a solution to the "Premier Pro CC Crashes on Load" problem (results in a 0xc0000142 error --- most likely affects people with AMD processors that do not support SSE 3.1).

Take a look at this thread which was created on Jan. 3, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too. Crashing on start (Premiere, AfterEffects, Speedgrade, Prelude) with error on DNxHR.dll with my AMD Phenom II X6 machine.

Did a rollback to the previews version (2015.0).

Is there a timeframe when there is a fix this issue, Adobe? And do we get some kind of notification, because I only see Version 2015.1 in the Adobe Cloud.

Regards,

Patrick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our new Adobe Premier Pro editing PC system is crippled also since upgrading to the latest version of Premier Pro on Sunday and we are also dead in the water with running P/Pro

Our system is a Windows 10 pro on an Intel Core i7 6700k cpu @4 GHZ with 32 gig Asus mother bd..and Nvidia Ge Force GTX 980

The problem we have is loading the video clips into the source and program window..te video fails but audio is there...crazy as..but no one is laughing ...the client has gone nuts and mental ..

Our old editing system is running perfectly with the same update version ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the motherboard Windows 10 compatible? Have you loaded Windows 10 driver for the graphics card? Beyond that, can only suggest using software only for video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mikeauknz‌,

Sorry for your issue.

This specific error seems to be affecting only AMD CPU's. Are you getting the exact same error as the OP?

If yes, please send me a system information (NFO) file so that i can forward it to the Engineering team and they can look into the issue.

What is System Information? - Windows Help‌

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez

As requested System Info  Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case some screen dumps to back up the system info if required  Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

Thanks for following up.

You can't attach the NFO file here. Please send it over to me via email. [I've sent you a PM with my email address]

Thanks again!
Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here  crashing on start up.

I'm running Intel so it seems to be an update issure not  and AMD issue.

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 9.1.0.174, time stamp: 0x564dce25

Faulting module name: dvaui.dll, version: 9.1.0.174, time stamp: 0x564dabb2

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000001bcc38

Faulting process id: 0x114c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d13272c48e7ce0

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015\dvaui.dll

Report Id: 07d78dc0-9e66-11e5-aa1e-0019dbccdc3b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on my AMD FX everything works fine, but on the Phenom and Athlone does not start. interesting adobe will fix it? or old processors from AMD will remain behind?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with Premiere CC 2015.1 update a couple of days ago (Athlon CPU with ATI Radeon graphics card ). Tried all workarounds & tips & tricks on the forum but miserably failed. I had to roll back to and stick with cc 2015 SANS any update because I'm afraid it will crash again. So far it's increasingly evident it's a AMD CPU issue. How does Adobe engineering team work on it? Just easily set up AMD CPU computers to put a real test and find out solutions. Waiting for the new fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMD FX there are no such problems, everything works without problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a Phenom processor. Premiere error 0x0000142.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem with amd phantom II

Is Adobe sleeping ? We pay but can't use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Christophe,

same problem with amd phantom II

Is Adobe sleeping ? We pay but can't use

We have a bug filed and are working to fix the issue. You can work with support (ask for the video queue) to reinstall or revert to an earlier version of Premiere Pro.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

today I've upgraded my premiere pro cc 2015 to version 2015.1.

Unfortunately now, I can't launch the app, and I receive this error.

"Impossible to start the application correctly (0xc000001d). Please switch OK to close the app".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grazi S,

today I've upgraded my premiere pro cc 2015 to version 2015.1.

Unfortunately now, I can't launch the app, and I receive this error.

"Impossible to start the application correctly (0xc000001d). Please switch OK to close the app".

Which CPU do you have? It is an AMD Phenom II?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

amd phenom ii x6 1055t

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grazi S,

amd phenom ii x6 1055t

Sorry for this problem. We have a bug filed and are working to fix the issue. You can work with support (ask for the video queue) to reinstall or revert to an earlier version of Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THE USER BE WARE is simply not good enough in this case

To knowingly permit paying Adobe clients to have their PC destroyed is abusive

This is a major situation where paying Adobe user must be warned of the problems and a recall made and the site download suspended

It is a legal requirement that be done under the misleading and deceptive trading requirements

Our editing machine has gone back to the shop for stripping down and reloading after the PP Nov Update crippled windows 10

It was an avoidable BEAR TRAP  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines