Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere pro 2017 problems with color matte

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Forum,

I have recently updated my Premier Pro CC 2015 and now I have a problem with the new version (2017). It turns out that color matte is invisible on the Monitor; I can see the clip on the Timeline, but Monitor remains black (as if the color matte clip was transparent or something)... What can I do about it?

[moved to Pr Pro forum by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated my Mac to MacOS Sierra, so I presume (correct me if I'm wrong) the video driver has also been updated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an older project that you have opened in your newly updated Premiere Pro? Do you have this problem when you create a brand new project? If it is an older project what happens if you (instead of opening the old project) create a new project and then import the old project in, do you get the same result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem concerns brand new project. Unfortunately, at this very moment I don't have an access to my database containing older projects, thereby I'm not able to perform the test you propose (namely importing an old project into new one)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Describing the situation more precisely, I'd like to point out that I managed to create one — literally one — visible color matte clip; the others (created before and after this exceptional one) are invisible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to clear out Media Cache or reset Preferences.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files |Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, clearing out Media Cache didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like there's a problem with Color Picker. When I click on Color Matte clip on my Timeline, then Color Picker pops up but HSB (which is default option) seems to be inactive (this little circle on the left side of the letter H is grey, even though it's supposed to be blue, I guess). When I swich to RGB and choose any color I like, then Color Matte clip suddenly becomes visible. Any idea why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be more precise, when I click on Color Matte Clip, it turns out that HSB default setting in Color Picker is 0:0:0 — that's why Color Matte clip is black. In order to change this, I must choose a different color and then I see appropriate Color Matte clip on my Monitor. In other words, I have to do the same thing twice. Would it be possible to do sth about it at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intriguing problem you have going on. I'd be interested in seeing a project file that has this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see below the structure of the project is very simple, "underdeveloped" even...

The screenshot No. 1 shows all clips on the timeline:

1.png

The screenshot No. 2 shows crucial close-up of the timeline: Current Time Indicator points at the incriminated Color Matte clip, which is supposed to be blue, but is in fact black — as Color Picker reveals:

2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post a screen shot of your about this Mac, with the serial number blurred, like this example below:

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 8.12.09 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines