• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2017 Running Slow

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fast computer with an Intel Core i7-6900K CPU @ 3.20 GHz, 32 gigs of RAM.

Hard drive Space is 400 gigs.

Everytime I open up this project it runs slow, in the past I've opened up bigger projects then this.

As you can see in the picture, most of the windows don't load, when the Timeline windows, when

I go to drag the playhead it doesn't move, I see it scrubbing on the project window but not the timeline.

It's like one big giant lag. I've manually emptied the cache.

Also, when I go to select a different window when  they do load visibly, it's not selected.

It's like Premiere is frozen, except it doesn't crash to the error window displaying "Adobe Premiere Pro" has crashed.

I also tried the compatibility issue in windows by switching it to Windows 8, it worked, but barely, then it started to do

the same things again.

Is there anyone who knows how to fix this issue? I've never had it before. Any help will do.

Thank you for your time and I hope to find a solution soon.

Best,

Kenny

Screenshot (81).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Hard drive Space is 400 gigs".

What size is it and how many drives do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 5 drives, the 400 gig one is a Raid Array which uses 2 drives that has my footage (both are the exact same drive) originally it was 2.72 tb, you might be thinking that the raid array may be the issue but like I said, this has never happened before.

My C drive by itself contains Premiere Pro with 125gigs of space left, originally it was 465gigs.

My other 2 drives doesn't have adobe products.

Also, a quick update, I imported the project i mentioned into a new project. SO far everything seems to be working.

Though I am afraid that this is just a temporary fix, and not an absolute one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not know your media but since your RAID 0 (I am guessing it is zero) is 85% full, any time you get over maybe 80% full on hard disk drives you are getting about half the read/write rate that you initially had.  Each time you add new media that last loaded media is going to be slower than previous data.  Can you archive a big bunch of that data?  This may not solve your problem but it is worthwhile trying.

With that modern processor your motherboard probably supports one of the new super speed M.2 PCIe Gen 3 x4 SSD"s like the Samsung 960 EVO or PRO.  If so you should considering acquiring one and use it for all your current project files and media and then move it to hard disk drives for archiving and backup.  Get rid of the RAID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't set any app compat settings... CC should be compatible with your OS version and setting compat settings could get in the way of troubleshooting.

You might try creating a new blank project with the latest CC and use Media Browser (not File/Import but Media Browser) to find the troubled project, double-click on it to open, find the main sequence, and import it from there (with right click/Import). This will allow you to try a fresh project.

In order to troubleshoot problematic situations like this, I try to copy the project and then remove things to see if I can locate the specific thing causing a problem. Some timeline elements can cause perf issues. For example, morph cuts need to be analyzed and when applied will start up separate threads for each one. 

When I clean caches, I also use Windows Explorer to manually ensure things are cleaned up... I describe my steps in the post the following link (these are not Adobe steps at your own risk): https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2353754#9683751

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines